Suns @ 76ers 1-26-16

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Clearly the Suns look like they are the worst team in the NBA. Too bad some other teams got a head start.

I'm not sure what the 76ers are going to do long term at center but they can always trade one if needed.

They were hoping the two of them could play together but doing so has really hurt Noel's game. And moving him back to center has turned some heads so they might be able to get good value for Nerlens even with some doubts about his knees. As for as our record, I still believe we finish 3rd or 4th worst and I wouldn't rule out passing the Lakers for 2nd worst. I just don't see a lot of wins left on our schedule.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief BEFORE Hornacek was forced into playing Goodwin due to the injuries, Archie definitely has a future in this league. He's showed enough to prove that he's at worst, a rotation player on some team in this league.

No, I don't believe he has proven that. He's shown many times already in his short career that if the defense forgets who he is he can get to the rim on most defenders. Until we're enough of a threat to the opposition to give them a reason to take the drive away from him we really won't know what he's capable of becoming.

Plus his defense tonight looked horrible to me. I have trouble telling whether that was all on him or the result of poor play by the team overall but he was burned frequently and it didn't seem to matter who he was guarding at the time. I'd have given him a pass if it was just Ish that caused him trouble but it wasn't. I think things are somewhat looking up regarding his future but he's still mostly a question mark IMO.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
This is fun. I spent the last few days in the hospital hotel welcoming my newborn son and Archie puts together three consecutive 20 point games. He still needs to work on shooting and other stuff but he's really young. Hope we keep him as part of the wing rotation with Booker and Warren.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Anybody else diggin the twin towers? If Len keeps knockin down that 15 footer it could be a nice asset. Its defenitely a work in progress. I hope they don't give up on it before giving it a chance.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Anyone think we can keep our young core together and build a contender with them? Do you think they're in the playoffs within three-four years? Booker, Goodwin, Warren, Len + a point guard and some role players?

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Anyone think we can keep our young core together and build a contender with them? Do you think they're in the playoffs within three-four years? Booker, Goodwin, Warren, Len + a point guard and some role players?

Booker & TJ are the only players in this group that might be starter material on another NBA team. But all are worthy of limited minutes off the bench.
We'll see if the new incoming coach at seasons end has plans for any of these players. My guess at least half are gone.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker & TJ are the only players in this group that might be starter material on another NBA team. But all are worthy of limited minutes off the bench.
We'll see if the new incoming coach at seasons end has plans for any of these players. My guess at least half are gone.

OH no. Len still has that potential. The skills are there. The body and talent is there. It just has to click mentally, and I think it will. Len is more starter potential than Robin Lopez was.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
OH no. Len still has that potential. The skills are there. The body and talent is there. It just has to click mentally, and I think it will. Len is more starter potential than Robin Lopez was.

You all know how I feel about Len. So we'll agree to disagree on him. What I think we'll all agree on is, our next top 5 pick SHOULD NOT be a project. If we pick 1-5 I want this player to be a competent NBA ready player. We cant wait 3-4 years for someone to learn the basics of the game.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is fun. I spent the last few days in the hospital hotel welcoming my newborn son and Archie puts together three consecutive 20 point games. He still needs to work on shooting and other stuff but he's really young. Hope we keep him as part of the wing rotation with Booker and Warren.

Congratulations on the birth of your child. You know, Booker makes a great first name.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You all know how I feel about Len. So we'll agree to disagree on him. What I think we'll all agree on is, our next top 5 pick SHOULD NOT be a project. If we pick 1-5 I want this player to be a competent NBA ready player. We cant wait 3-4 years for someone to learn the basics of the game.

I want the best player even if it means we have to wait 3-4 years. I doubt Sarver will want to wait on that kind of talent but we aren't just a player or two away from competing so what's the rush? I'm willing to wait on a Kawhi, Butler, Harden kind of talent that doesn't hit his stride until his second contract. I'd prefer a superstar from the first day but that rarely happens.

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
Dream for me is we somehow luck into Simmons and field a group of..

Starters:
Bledsoe
Booker
Warren
Simmons
Len

Bench:
Goodwin
Bogdanović
Tucker (or some other SF)
Leuer
Chandler (or some other C)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dream for me is we somehow luck into Simmons and field a group of..

Starters:
Bledsoe
Booker
Warren
Simmons
Len

Bench:
Goodwin
Bogdanović
Tucker (or some other SF)
Leuer
Chandler (or some other C)

What about:

Bledsoe
Booker
Ingram
Len
Chandler

Goodwin
Bogdan
Warren
Leuer
FA Center (Mozgov?)

That still leaves Knight, Kieff, and PJ as trade pieces. Of course, Knight in place of Goodwin off the bench looks good too.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I don't think Goodwin is a solution as backup PG.

He also has not played very well in liminited minutes only and in this case he would play maybe 15mpg.

McDonough has a lot of trading to do.

Teletovic (FA), Knight(SG logjam), Morris at a minimum.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want the best player even if it means we have to wait 3-4 years. I doubt Sarver will want to wait on that kind of talent but we aren't just a player or two away from competing so what's the rush? I'm willing to wait on a Kawhi, Butler, Harden kind of talent that doesn't hit his stride until his second contract. I'd prefer a superstar from the first day but that rarely happens.

I think Ingram will be better than Simmons on day 1.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

I agree with you. I don't think Len will be an all-star, but I think he could become a solid starter. Young bigs need time. It will click.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Contrary to popular belief BEFORE Hornacek was forced into playing Goodwin due to the injuries, Archie definitely has a future in this league. He's showed enough to prove that he's at worst, a rotation player on some team in this league.

No he did not. Come on.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I'm still on the Simmons bandwagon. But I really don't know why people have knocked this draft class, it looks pretty impressive to me. Simmons and perhaps Ingram might stand alone at the top but there's a dozen other intriguing talents. There seem to be more draft-able centers in this class than power forwards but at least there's some size this year.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

He may very well be always the best player.

Simmons has a serious flaw in his game. I'd still take Simmons for the Suns because I think he fills more needs for the Suns and having a playmaking 4 can absolutely work in the NBA.

I am not sold on Kris Dunn as the 3rd best player in this draft though. I think the drop-off is pretty significant from Simmons and Ingram to the rest. Although I might be underselling Jaylen Brown for instance since the shooting guard position can be ruled out for the Suns imo (Booker, Goodwin, Bogdanovic and Knight)

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Anybody else diggin the twin towers? If Len keeps knockin down that 15 footer it could be a nice asset. Its defenitely a work in progress. I hope they don't give up on it before giving it a chance.

I'd still lean towards letting Chandler go to a contender and unloading his contract.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I love our new starting lineup, especially the twin tower setup.

Now if Warren could play instead of Tucker. Although I am not sure how well TJ fits into that lineup, we should find out.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You guys are awesome fans. All the regulars who post in the gameday threads.

I admit, I turned on the game last night, saw we were down like 13 to the freaking sixers and I just turned it to the Coyotes game.

But I should be watching and see the development of guys like Booker like you guys are.

Anyways, just wanted to say, ya'll are great fans. Sticking with the team and looking to the future during this, what is the worst season I can remember in a while.

Good on all of you!

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No he did not. Come on.

Yes he has. I know you've hated him since the day he got drafted for whatever reason but he's at worst a rotation player in this league.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I think someday Len could be in that group if he manages to stay healthy which is a a very tough task for him.