76ers @ Suns 12-26-15

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeffs lack of a post game interview so far a tell-tale sign?

I was changing rooms and wondered if Hornacek appeared in the post game interview. It says a lot if Hornacek did not attend the press conference.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Saver has no stones. Id be fuming if this were my team.

He is. Supposedly he has given everyone on the team an ultimatum - playoff or bust. Its been to our detriment as our best players are probably our young ones but they are way too inconsistent

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I was changing rooms and wondered if Hornacek appeared in the post game interview. It says a lot if Hornacek did not attend the press conference.

Unfortunately he showed up. Hoping change will come will probably be futile.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yay for Eric... Now, let's lose every game from hear on out and do all we can to lock up the #1 draft position!

This would be very unlikely even if the Suns continued to lose.

Do you know the Suns have never had the first pick in the draft?

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
He is. Supposedly he has given everyone on the team an ultimatum - playoff or bust. Its been to our detriment as our best players are probably our young ones but they are way too inconsistent

Where did you read this? and when?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some more news about Bledsoe:

Paul Coro ‏@paulcoro 13m13 minutes ago

Eric Bledsoe's knee injury was non-contact. He did not tear his ACL. A MRI will assess any possible meniscus injury.

I believe this involves his left knee not the right knee where he had surgery previously.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I honestly dont know if just firing Hornacek is gonna do it. McD has not done a good job putting a winning team together. I really dont see how you can argue with that. But even going over him, Sarver is still there. I still put a lot of our current situation on Babby being absolutely terrible. Not that he is the reason this team is losing, but he is the reason this team exists at all. If we hadn't wasted fruitless years with him at the helm we might be in a much different place and again, that goes back to the top.

We need to cure the cancer, not treat the symptoms.

Maybe JC will be so incredibly disgusted by what he saw tonight and what his love child has become, and he will get some investors together and buy them back from the Banker.

I know that's not happening but I can dream. :)

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I honestly dont know if just firing Hornacek is gonna do it. McD has not done a good job putting a winning team together. I really dont see how you can argue with that. But even going over him, Sarver is still there. I still put a lot of our current situation on Babby being absolutely terrible. Not that he is the reason this team is losing, but he is the reason this team exists at all. If we hadn't wasted fruitless years with him at the helm we might be in a much different place and again, that goes back to the top.

Maybe JC will be so incredibly disgusted by what he saw tonight and what his love child has become, and he will get some investors together and buy them back from the Banker.

McD never wanted to win right away. The Suns were going to tank and rebuild thru the draft but 7 different guys had career years and won 48 games. At that point Sarver was all in. McD has made mistakes but his biggest was not staying true to the plan.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score

I actually read somewhere that JC was trying to do just that, prior to taking the Philadelphia gig.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
McD never wanted to win right away. The Suns were going to tank and rebuild thru the draft but 7 different guys had career years and won 48 games. At that point Sarver was all in.

Yep, that was pretty much it. Not to be a broken record, but the overachievement of that 48-win team was terrible luck for the franchise. There wasn't enough basketball wisdom in the front office to recognize it for the fool's gold that it was.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yep, that was pretty much it. Not to be a broken record, but the overachievement of that 48-win team was terrible luck for the franchise. There wasn't enough basketball wisdom in the front office to recognize it for the fool's gold that it was.

Totally agree.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is the best thing that could happen. McD can finally convince Sarver it's bad enough to blow it all up.

Can he convince Sarver to actually sell the team too? If so then McD deserves his own shrine in Phoenix.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yup... 48 pyrrhic victories.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy cow... they lost... TO THE SIXERS... AT HOME?!!?!

Everyone involved in this team is an absolute disaster.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake