Suns at 76ers 2/9

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
The second Porter put in Dragic is the second he waved the white flag...

Way to go Suns, you couldn't beat an inexperienced young team, hats off to you....have fun on Wednesday

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
We are getting blown out by a team that hasn't been 2 games over 500 all season...

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We are shooting the ball better than the 76ers but committed 7 more turnovers and gave up 16 offensive rebounds through three quarters. We are being out-rebounded 42-31. Amare is scoring, but he has 2 defensive rebounds in 33 minutes.

i am the bad guy

Registered
Reaction score
The second Porter put in Dragic is the second he waved the white flag...

Way to go Suns, you couldn't beat an inexperienced young team, hats off to you....have fun on Wednesday
You make it sound so easy. This is a young team that has talent that was just sitting at home waiting to play us. The suns get into town at basically 3 in the morning, following a game where their key old guys played way to much the night before. Knowing how the Suns play in back to backs how much can you really by disapointed? Be mad at the coaching staff for not getting the vets a couple of extra minutes of rest last night.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns down 66-80 after the 3rd quarter. :( Suns shooting 44% with 2/12 3 pointers, 76ers 44% with 2/12 3 pointers.

Suns have committed 14 turnovers (Nash, Shaq, and Amare all have 3), 76ers have 6. :(

Suns have 12 offensive rebounds, 76ers 16. :rolleyes:

Suns have hit 4/8 free throws, 76ers have hit 16/20 free throws.

The Pistons put up a lot better fight last night even though they had played an overtime game the night before. :(

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game is making last nights win over Detroit seem like it had more to do with Detroit being tired on back to backs. Then again, we are the team on the back to back this time.

Wow...this team makes you want to cheer one game and puke the next.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
You make it sound so easy. This is a young team that has talent that was just sitting at home waiting to play us. The suns get into town at basically 3 in the morning, following a game where their key old guys played way to much the night before. Knowing how the Suns play in back to backs how much can you really by disapointed? Be mad at the coaching staff for not getting the vets a couple of extra minutes of rest last night.

not to mention they had 3 of their starters out there when we had mostly all the bench

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score
We are shooting the ball better than the 76ers but committed 7 more turnovers and gave up 16 offensive rebounds through three quarters. We are being out-rebounded 42-31. Amare is scoring, but he has 2 defensive rebounds in 33 minutes.
Hard to get em when they are shooting lay ups and dunks and he has to guard a guy on the three point line.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Although we're losing, I'm really glad Porter put Dragic and Tucker out there. They really need the experience, and am certain these guys are going to be great later in their career.

i am the bad guy

Registered
Reaction score
I know its been said on here many times before. But what the heck I'll go ahead and say it again, Barnes B'Ball IQ is astonishingly low.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I got the impression that the guys just don't CARE in this game. Hell, in the 1st quarter they didn't even seem to be trying (except for JRich).

I think it's almost insulting when they play like that, especially after Nash went off about apologizing to the fans.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I got the impression that the guys just don't CARE in this game. Hell, in the 1st quarter they didn't even seem to be trying (except for JRich).

I think it's almost insulting when they play like that, especially after Nash went off about apologizing to the fans.
But they're tired and already got their win on this road trip. :p :rolleyes:

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game is making last nights win over Detroit seem like it had more to do with Detroit being tired on back to backs. Then again, we are the team on the back to back this time.

Wow...this team makes you want to cheer one game and puke the next.

That is exactly what it was.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why are Amare and JRich still out there?

Finally Amare rests with 6:23 left in the 4th quarter and the Suns down 77-95.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yah...6 rebounds in 39 minutes of play and 4 turnovers are something other teams are gonna really like. :p
I don't get that too. The more time we keep this loser in the team, the less value we will probably end up getting in return.

PhoenixMaverick

Veteran
Reaction score
I thought beginning of the fourth we were down by like 13?

Isn't down by 13 small for the phoenix suns?? I kinda felt it was doable. Aren't we suppose to put up quick numbers ? Then I saw dragic get in, "nervously" dribble the ball in the beginning and throwing up an airball, I knew Porter just gave up.

If you can get into single digits, I felt we had a good chance but porter just gave up. Maybe thats just me being optimistic.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So do we get any closer to firing Terry Porter after tonight? That could be the one positive to come out of this game. :p

Blackification

Registered
Reaction score

Isn't down by 13 small for the phoenix suns?? I kinda felt it was doable. Aren't we suppose to put up quick numbers ? Then I saw dragic get in, "nervously" dribble the ball in the beginning and throwing up an airball, I knew Porter just gave up.

If you can get into single digits, I felt we had a good chance but porter just gave up. Maybe thats just me being optimistic.
terry porter is our coach now.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We were down by as little as 11 in the 1st 1 1/2 minutes of the 4th quarter. Maybe under D'Antoni we could have back but this team this season doesn't really seem to have much ability to come back. :shrug:

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
You lose to a team who hasn't been 2 games over 500 all season, you let a bunch of inexperienced, young players outclass you in every aspect.

Good job, Suns. I want you to hold your heads up strong and yell "WE SUCKED TONIGHT" because that is what you did.

Unexplainable.

This team isn't even worth my time...right now...just painful.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05