Suns at 76ers 2/9

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let me call it right now for Porter:

blah blah blah....blah blah....we didn't play with energy......blah blah blah blah....energy......blah blah blah......we need to play with more energy.

It's the same thing every single press conference after a game. How many time do we need to hear the energy excuse from Porter.
^LOL. Yeah, same $h!t we heard from the last HC whenever we got a beatdown.
Energy is overrated if your scheme is crap.
Thank God i missed this one tonight.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great win by the Sixers, but I definitely think we benefited from the back to back. You guys really looked disinterested tonight. I'll take it though.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
The more I see this team play, the more I am accepting of an Amare trade.

Kerr needs to apologize for not drafting Speights. He was the obvious choice months before the draft, and still is. The only people who thought Lopez was a good idea was Kerr and Griffin.

Ninjafish

Registered
Reaction score
any postgame quotes from porter...or the players yet?

I didn't see any postgame quotes, but there are some interesting pregame quotes from Amare.

hoopsworld said:
Amar'e stood by his locker by himself and fielded questions from the media. When asked what was the pinnacle point of his decision to want to leave the Suns, Stoudemire quickly answered and blame it fully on the changes over the past year.

"It really began when they made the coaching change and then it got to a point when Raja and Boris was traded away. I was upset because it felt that we were getting rid of the core group that can help us win a championship ... "I understand it is a business and I hear the trade rumors like everyone else. It is no secret that since we made the coaching change our offense have went in another direction which does not fit this team"

Of course he's just saying the obvious, but it's more confirmation that the players hated all of the changes.

OP
OP
FArting

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
any postgame quotes from porter...or the players yet?

Grant Hill

(On how they have played as of late)
“I guess it gets to a point where you are who you are. We’re off tomorrow and then get ready for Cleveland and LeBron and we will be well rested.” (On the game)
“I can’t get into the particulars of the game. They play well in this building and [Thaddeus] Young got going. [Marreese] Speights is certainly a good player. A two-point lead went to six. Next thing you know, we’re down 15. Our second unit came in and did a great job and fought.”

Amare

(On what went wrong tonight)
“I think our energy tonight is what got us down. I think for the most part we played decent. Sometimes it’s just tough getting those wins on a back-to-back.” (On the Sixers’ play tonight)
“They played well. They definitely came out and raised the intensity. We fired back, we hung in there. We had a chance in the fourth quarter to fight back and get that win, but we just couldn’t do it.”

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/quotes_090209.html#Hill

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I really like the comments coming from Amare lately. He is maintaining a high level of professionalism. This keeps his value high and will only help him in the long run.

He's definitely acting like a franchise player.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
It's the same thing every single press conference after a game. How many times do we need to hear the energy excuse from Porter?

It's the standard cliche every coach uses when they don't want to go into details about how this player or that one didn't rotate on defense; that one or this one didn't take care of the ball, ad naseum.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Nice to see Amare already throwing this coach under the bus already. At least with D'Antoni he waited until the end of the season.

Hayduke

Registered
Reaction score
Nice to see Amare already throwing this coach under the bus already. At least with D'Antoni he waited until the end of the season.
I feel like Amare may have except D'Antoni doesn't take any of that sh*t.
I'm sure by summer Amare knew DA was on his way out.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like Amare may have except D'Antoni doesn't take any of that sh*t.
I'm sure by summer Amare knew DA was on his way out.

One of the biggest negatives with DA is that it was said he treated Amare with kid gloves and didn't discipline Amare when needed.

I would say D'Antoni did take that crap.

nowagimp

Reaction score
It's the standard cliche every coach uses when they don't want to go into details about how this player or that one didn't rotate on defense; that one or this one didn't take care of the ball, ad naseum.

Well he could have said something closer to the truth like: "we are one of the oldest teams in the NBA and there aint enough geritol to wake us up for the 2nd of back to backs. And the all star break is just about here, its tradition of vets in the NBA to mail in the last few games before the break. What idiot scheduled all these back to backs? I suppose if we wanted to win alot of back to backs, we screwed up picking this oldass roster."

but if he said that he would have insulted almost everyone, from his players all the way to the suns and the NBA front offices.

But you know, that statement has more truth than any of the others, this is an old team, and back to backs just before the all star break might be the worst scenario. I dont think these guys are lazy, just old. they will do better in the second half if they can survive porter(I'd rather have gentry) and dont trade amare. ANy trade will lead to another rash of turnovers as the suns learn the new guy(s). There is no way the suns can trade for new rotation pieces and get them acclimated, make the playoffs and compete there at a high level.

Last edited:

nowagimp

Reaction score
One of the biggest negatives with DA is that it was said he treated Amare with kid gloves and didn't discipline Amare when needed.

I would say D'Antoni did take that crap.

Porter didnt do any better, didnt "sit him down and punish him". There are very few coaches in the NBA who have the nads, creds, and value to "sit down" their "all star top scorer". Im sure the tix sales would fall and the ownership would go ballistic.

If you looks at the best coaches, only POPs and Larry Brown might do this kind of thing. And typically they trade the guy before that. I cant think of any recent instance where the coach has sat his top scorer down punatively. Youre better off just getting rid of the guy, as he has a guaranteed contract and if there appear to be discipline problems, it could lessen the players trade value.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ANy trade will lead to another rash of turnovers as the suns learn the new guy(s). There is no way the suns can trade for new rotation pieces and get them acclimated, make the playoffs and compete there at a high level.

If we traded for a more defensive/rebounding oriented player, I don't think that is necessarily true. That type of PF would get a ton less touches of the ball IMO. Plus, worse case scenario it would be a wash even if you did give that new PF the ball because Amare is #2 among PF in turnovers. It really can't get any worse then that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05