Suns at Raptors 7pm et MY45HD

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
I may be in the minority here but I'd gladly trade a few wins for getting the bench ready for crunch time.

Today is a perfect example. Up by 21 to start the 4th, dwindles down to 15 and D'Antoni puts in Nash. I say sit Steve as a statement to the rest of the guys that hey, you need to figure this out because Nash can't save your asses all the time!

agreed, buy DA is addicted to Steve like crack.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I may be in the minority here but I'd gladly trade a few wins for getting the bench ready for crunch time.

Today is a perfect example. Up by 21 to start the 4th, dwindles down to 15 and D'Antoni puts in Nash. I say sit Steve as a statement to the rest of the guys that hey, you need to figure this out because Nash can't save your asses all the time!

what you saw tonight in the first 3 quarters is the crunch time bench.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, 15-4 and likely on the way to 18-4 and I still think we'll know nothing about this team's contender status until we see how they fare with that foour game run of Utah, NO, SA, Dallas and LA in a 5 of 6 game span. Hopefully, after beating upon the East again, we'll fare better than our last challenge when we went 1-2 in our "big week" against GS, HOU and ORL.

They come out 4-2 in that stretch, with SA being one of the Ws and I'll be a happy man and start believing in this team. Till then, I just can't get all that excited about us running through the East. They're definitely doing what they should be doing and that's nice to see, but I can't legitimately gauge where this team is until they actually start playing/beating the West powers.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I won't trade any wins. I want the #1 seed.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I won't trade any wins. I want the #1 seed.

Agree, win the game.

You won't win in June if you don't tune in December and January.

If you must take it easy, play hard now, so that you can do it in April.

sunsfn

Reaction score
Nash is not going to rest a lot in the games in Canada. They pay to see him and they want to see him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash is not going to rest a lot in the games in Canada. They pay to see him and they want to see him.

who cares what they want to see? I sure as hell hope our coach cares more about our guys then Canadian fans.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
it was awesome how the raptors' announcers seemed to like nash more than any of their own players. they love that guy.

mribnik

Reaction score
I love how Amare played today. He didn't force anything on offense and he stayed out of foul trouble. His jumpshot has become automatic.

Grant Hill went 3-5 from 3 tonight which puts him at 34.7% for the season.

Stargazer

Registered
Reaction score
Problems? What problems? If you can't feel good about this team after watching tonight's game, you'll never feel good. Doris looking aggressive? Check. LB got his shot back? Check. Can the team play back to back after a tough win on the road? Check. Bell hitting 3's again? Check. Put a game away early? Check. Amare fouls? None, thank you. Hell, even Marion is hitting FT's, finally (4-4; the team was 17-19).

I guess you can complain about defense if you want something. Looking at just Toronto's stats, it's hard to believe they lost: 55.4% FG, 62.5% from 3, just 12 TOs, outrebounded the Suns, and more steals, too. Actually, how did they lose?

I've got no problem with D'Antoni playing the starters at the end. Honestly, does anybody really think that jogging Nash and Amare up and down the court for an exra 5 minutes in a blowout is going to "take its toll" come April?

38 assists, including 18 for Nash and 9 for Hill. Amare 9-11 FGM, and 7-7 from the line. Hill 3-5 from 3 (and over 35% if you throw out game 1). LB 35 pts. Wow.

Last edited:

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
Negatives - Ball pressure needs to be better on the guards.

Positives - The whole game. If Stoudemire continues with that kinda range he's gonna be putting up mad points. Because if they come out to him, THEN he can fake it and turn past them and get to the rim. That's why he's getting so many free throws. When Kobe got his 82 points he had a LOT of free-throws.

I think the team still lacks a lot of depth, but the starters have gotten better since earlier in the year. Grant Hill is getting better at the three..

Steve is doing more on the offensive end. Sometimes he gets so focused on assists that he doesnt score enough. Gotta have that balance.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Problems? What problems? If you can't feel good about this team after watching tonight's game, you'll never feel good. Doris looking aggressive? Check. LB got his shot back? Check. Can the team play back to back after a tough win on the road? Check. Bell hitting 3's again? Check. Put a game away early? Check. Amare fouls? None, thank you. Hell, even Marion is hitting FT's, finally (4-4; the team was 17-19).

I guess you can complain about defense if you want something. Looking at just Toronto's stats, it's hard to believe they lost: 55.4% FG, 62.5% from 3, just 12 TOs, outrebounded the Suns, and more steals, too. Actually, how did they lose?

I've got no problem with D'Antoni playing the starters at the end. Honestly, does anybody really think that jogging Nash and Amare up and down the court for an exra 5 minutes in a blowout is going to "take its toll" come April?

38 assists, including 18 for Nash and 9 for Hill. Amare 9-11 FGM, and 7-7 from the line. Hill 3-5 from 3 (and over 35% if you throw out game 1). LB 35 pts. Wow.

The only negative I can get from this game, is how they started the 4th Q when they had a chance to rest Nash for the rest of the game. Their 20 point lead got cut in half and Nash had to come in and wrap it up. I was pleased with just about everything else.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good easy win showed some of the firepower I expect they will have as the chemistry continues to build with all the guys this season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why didn't Skinner play? Don't recall seeing him all night.

He played in the 1st Q IIRC. He was hitting outside shots too. Played very well.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good game. That was fun to watch. :)

It's nice to see Boris have a good game.

What's the deal with Marion and his 3 point shooting this year?

Whoo...Suns are #1 in the league in scoring again at 110.5 pts/game. :) They're also tied for 1st in field goal % with the Jazz at 49.4%. :)

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
The jazz are that high because Boozer is averaging a bazillion
points per game by dunks alone

If we fed amare more and saw as many Marion-oops as we did last year we would be over the top in FG%

Notables:

Boozer - 57.5
Williams - 51.5
Brewer - 52
Millsap - 51.5
Harpring 49.5

Okur - 40
AK - 46.7

====
Nash - 53
Hill - 50
Marion 49