Suns At Rockets Game Thread

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
nice suns good win way to hang on the road after blowing the lead :), btw thank god brooks did not get the missed the ft and it was called violation lo. Great games by Hill, Amare, Lopez.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nash with 11 points, 16 assists, 8 boards and 0 turnovers despite a bad shooting night. Amare with 36 points and 11 boards before fouling out, but still turning the ball over (5 again). Hill had a big first half. Dudley strong off the bench. Dragic didn't do much tonight.

Road wins are important for us now, so I'll take it anyway we can get them. But another double-digit lead blown and it almost cost us the game. But we are 3-0 vs. the Rockets this season, the one team that makes the Suns look really big.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
even this win, we are still in the 7th spot.

Last edited:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Good win, i thought we'd lose it though but we didn't.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
If Amare plays like this consistently like in years past there would be no questions about re-signing him.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
If Amare plays like this consistently like in years past there would be no questions about re-signing him.

The scoring is nice and the random rebounding boost was good too. 5 TO's and 6 PF isn't so good so when you say "this consistently" i hope you mean just the good parts. I'd also take a scoring rebounding Amare with little turnovers (living with the fouls). But we all know his TO and PF foul problems won't go away magically.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good win for the Suns despite losing a double digit lead yet again. It's a shame we couldn't get a better shot off than what Nash forced up at the end of regulation. Our final possession offense has been abysmal for a couple years now. But somehow our opponents always hit the big shot like Ariza did tonight.

A couple plays really bothered me. The first was Landry's flop. Actually you can't even call it a flop because there wasn't any contact from Stoudemire. It was a flat out official manipulating acting job. That kind of crap needs to fined and rooted out of the game by the league. I don't mind a player selling "legitimate" contact, but this WWE b.s. needs to stop. Landry also traveled when Lopez contested his shot underneath the hoop. The refs called it a jump ball, but the replay showed Lopez never touched it. Overall, I thought the game was poorly officiated, and the Rockets flop-happy defense was rewarded by the officials.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Nash with 11 points, 16 assists, 8 boards and 0 turnovers despite a bad shooting night. Amare with 36 points and 11 boards before fouling out, but still turning the ball over (5 again). Hill had a big first half. Dudley strong off the bench. Dragic didn't do much tonight.

Road wins are important for us now, so I'll take it anyway we can get them. But another double-digit lead blown and it almost cost us the game. But we are 3-0 vs. the Rockets this season, the one team that makes the Suns look really big.

That's the way we should have been going all along: Nash should play more like Stockton!

He had zero TO because he didn't dribble too much, at least not in the first 3 qutrs. If there are TOs between Amare and Nash, I'd rather them all by Amare, as each Nash TO is almost automatically 2 pts for the other team. And by trying all by himself too much, he gets tired. Actually, his defense late in this game was quite good. And Brooks didn't blow off on our face as bad as usually the case, shooting 8/22.

We had a lot of cutting and screening from everybody. Aside from a stretch when Rox harassed Lou and Clark when they had the ball looking for passes on perimeter, Hill, Frye, Dud, and Amare all passed to the cutting guy very well. A lot better movement than Nash/Amare pnr and Nash dribbling, with others stationed and stagnated.

cly2tw

Reaction score

I kinda believe, Amare blackmailed Gentry to get this kind of touches, by playing disinterested for a couple of games. In the 1st half, Nash had 4 assts and 0 pts, the team had 10 assts together, and we still dominated with defense and ball movement against a very good defensive team. One important fact is that Rox didn't have much chance to get easy fastbreak pts.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
amare said on nbaTV that the trade talks etc, have been bothering him the the past 3games. and that going on the road kind of helps him escape that, implying maybe thats why he had a good game against houston.

i think it'd be best(for himself) if just did the extension, and became a top5 FA in 2011. right now he just has no chance at max $$.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For those counting, that's now 10 times in the last 27 games where we've blown a 15+ point lead.

You mean, out of the past 27 games the Suns have had leads of 15 points or more at least 10 times? Impressive.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Record in those 27 games - 13 wins, 14 losses.

Still impressed?

I'm impressed! I mean, how many other teams have put up such a record?? 13 & 14 in games leading by 15 or more?? C'mon man, that's impressive futility no matter how you slice it!!! ;)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I'm impressed! I mean, how many other teams have put up such a record?? 13 & 14 in games leading by 15 or more?? C'mon man, that's impressive futility no matter how you slice it!!! ;)

You have to be good enough to get up by 15 on another NBA team, which is hard to do in today's NBA. Then you have to be equally poopy to blow 15 point leads. That's a rare combination of NBA team work if you ask me!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Seriously, you almost have to try to blow that many leads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05