Suns at Spurs 12-20

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea because he's got like 15 minutes a game.

Please don't act like an idiot, its not funny. Cause by your standards, Gortat should be horrible too right since he's averaging only 4 pts and 4 boards a game.

Maybe it would be good for you to pay attention to more teams than just the Suns.

Lol, going by your brilliant logic of career stats only, Suns wouldn't have considered Gortat.
Like i said, Frye is better than Murphy.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lol, going by your brilliant logic of career stats only, Suns wouldn't have considered Gortat.
Like i said, Frye is better than Murphy.
Frye is a better 3pt shooter than Murphy. Agreed.

But at everything else, Murphy is better unless you can prove me other wise.

For example lets look at seasons in which Murphy and Frye played similar minutes like last season.

Frye-11 pts, 5 boards, 45% FG
Murphy-15 pts, 10 boards, 47% FG

I don't really care if its Murphy but I just want a big that can play D, rebound and have a post up in his game. 3 pt shooting is a bonus which why I said I like Murphy who is on the block btw

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/112116974_Nets_notes__Troy_Murphy_moving_soon.html

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We learned last season that Frye shouldn't be starting.

Are we going to go through that whole thing again?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Murphy is getting 15 minutes a game on NEW JERSEY. What about that number makes you all gooey inside?

And this season, Frye has been better starting than he was off the bench. For someone that puts so much stock on statistics, i find it interesting that you ignore that.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Murphy is getting 15 minutes a game on NEW JERSEY. What about that number makes you all gooey inside?

And this season, Frye has been better starting than he was off the bench. For someone that puts so much stock on statistics, i find it interesting that you ignore that.
Again, all that Frye does is shoot 3s. THATS ALL HE DOES.

Its not about Murphy but rather but about Frye being sent to the bench and Gortat should start.

I only mentioned Murphy cause I know everyone thinks Nash can't run our offense well without Frye (which is completely pathetic) Murphy is a 3pt shooter but unlike Frye he can also do other things like REBOUND, post up and play defense.

Catch-shoot
Catch-shoot
catch-shoot
catch-shoot
catch-shoot

^^I'd be willing to be my house that's the only thing Frye thinks during a game. He doesn't even pump fake. Just chucks it. I bet if he were to pump fake he'd get way better looks.

If he were to post up, then maybe teams would stop sending their guards on him.

Bench is where Frye should be for being scared to post up despite having a player half your size guarding you. Gentry will learn it the hard way that Frye is supposed to be on the bench. Just like last season. And just like the Turkoglu situation.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Again, all that Frye does is shoot 3s. THATS ALL HE DOES.

Its not about Murphy but rather but about Frye being sent to the bench and Gortat should start.

I only mentioned Murphy cause I know everyone thinks Nash can't run our offense well without Frye (which is completely pathetic) Murphy is a 3pt shooter but unlike Frye he can also do other things like REBOUND, post up and play defense.

Catch-shoot
Catch-shoot
catch-shoot
catch-shoot
catch-shoot

^^I'd be willing to be my house that's the only thing Frye thinks during a game. He doesn't even pump fake. Just chucks it. I bet if he were to pump fake he'd get way better looks.

If he were to post up, then maybe teams would stop sending their guards on him.

Bench is where Frye should be for being scared to post up despite having a player half your size guarding you. Gentry will learn it the hard way that Frye is supposed to be on the bench. Just like last season. And just like the Turkoglu situation.

It's obvious you aren't watching the games, so I think we're done talking.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
Out of the 27 games he's played thus far he's only shot well and gone over 14 pts eight times. That's right. Only 8 games did he play well in.

That means he's had 19 bad games and 8 good games. Yea so much for "easily had more good games than bad"

I know I've joined this conversation late, but since when did scoring 14 points in a game become the benchmark for Frye having a good game? It sounds like some arbritrary benchmark you've come up with because it casts Frye in the worst possible light as it allows you to say "he's only had 8 'good' games and 19 'bad' games", which makes your argument appear stronger than it actually is.

Also, your comment I have quoted above was in response to Chaplin's comment about how well Frye has played since he has been starting. From looking at Frye's game log this season he's only had 3 or 4 single digit scoring games in the 18 games he has started (most of his 'bad' games were at the start of the year when he was coming off the bench and getting fewer minutes). That sounds pretty good to me, not even taking into acount Frye's improved rebounding and defense recently.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yea his improved defense & rebounding lol. How many times has he hit double digit rebounding numbers since he started? And yea plays great D...exactly the reason why he averages close to 5 fouls a game since he started.

Im not gonna go over this whole thing again. You joined the party too late or else I'm sure we could have had fun.

Its pretty amusing though the amount of people in here that wear the homer shades and drink the kool-aid.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
Yea his improved defense & rebounding lol. How many times has he hit double digit rebounding numbers since he started? And yea plays great D...exactly the reason why he averages close to 5 fouls a game since he started.

And there you go again setting these silly arbritrary standards to try and win an argument - this time scoffing at my comment about his improved rebounding because he doesn't get double digit rebounds in a game very often. Did I say he was Bill Russell? No, I said he has improved in that area. And he has.

Its pretty amusing though the amount of people in here that wear the homer shades and drink the kool-aid.
Sure whatever, if disagreeing with you on anything makes me a homer, which it apparently does, then color me purple and orange. Suns for 2011 championship baby!! :koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He's improved but he's still not rebounding at a level a starting C should be rebounding.

Guys like him (big men that only shoot 3s) are on the bench in the rest of the NBA. For example, Bonner and him have very similar game and the Spurs have Bonner off the bench same way Suns should have Frye.

Another player who I think Frye see's as an ideal is Rashard Lewis. Same exact gameplan. Same reason Lewis comes off the bench now once he started becoming "three happy."

There's only one PF in the NBA that never works in the paint and rarely ever posts up...Channing Frye

Thank you. I'm done. I aint comin to this thread anymore. Feel free to PM me if you have any more to say cause I dont think its right that we clog up a game-day thread with a matter not regarding to this game.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't look at Frye's stats in isolation and judge his value to the team. And he's been the whipping boy since he joined this roster so it's no surprise that anyone could find negative fan comments about him. Let's face it, they've been easy to find on this site also.

It's his job, in THIS offense, to stand out there at the 3 point line and shoot as soon as he gets the open look. He hurts us when he's not making them but he'd hurt us even more if he simply caught the ball and looked for someone else every time (something he does occasionally when his confidence ebbs).

If you doubt that it's his job to catch and shoot from out there than ask yourself this question. WHY would Gentry leave him on the court all those minutes if he wasn't trying to do his job (especially when his shot isn't falling)? It IS his job and the rest of the offense depends on him doing his job.

Steve

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry im being late. Just wanted to say Merry Christmas. Props to Steve Nash. Your team is not so bad after getting rid of Turk. Hope to meet u in the playoffs.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
We would not have beaten Denver without Tiago. He was fantastic (21 min, 12 p on 6 of 7 FG, 9 reb, and playing very solid D). Spurs 25-3!!! Cheers!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I agree, Splitter had a very effective game last night. I am duly impressed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know the Spurs are on pace for a 70 win season and playing great basketball, but is it just me or does anyone else think that the Lakers would just destroy them in 5 or 6 MAX in a 7 game series?

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
The Lakers are the champs and would be very difficult to beat in the POs. They play better D than the Spurs and have very good bigs but we have better shooters. If Bonner, Neal, R.J. and James Anderson drops 3s at close to 50% then we have a chance. Of course our big three would need to play at their best too.

The west is really competitive this season and I would not feel safe in the first round regardless of the number of regular season wins. Dallas is probably best in the west right now. They finally improved their interior D and Dirk is better than ever.