Suns @ Bulls Wednesday game thread, 11-8-2023

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, this team as currently constructed has lost 3 of 4, with two of those losses coming against a bad Spurs team, who outside of the wins they got against us, are 1-4 with multiple 40 point blowouts.

Expecting this team to be favored in any road game until they at least have KD/one other star back (for sure) is a little unrealistic.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, this team as currently constructed has lost 3 of 4, with two of those losses coming against a bad Spurs team, who outside of the wins they got against us, are 1-4 with multiple 40 point blowouts.

Expecting this team to be favored in any road game until they at least have KD/one other star back (for sure) is a little unrealistic.
And that's the case tonight allegedly. The way they played Detroit and the way the Bulls have been playing, I'd still like the bet even if Beal didn't return tonight. Anyway, we'll see in a few hours.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Expecting this team to be favored in any road game until they at least have KD/one other star back (for sure) is a little unrealistic

Yeah we are 3-4. But we were up by 20 and damn sure should have beat the Spurs in the first game. We never should have lost that Lakers game, and we were right in the game with Philly who is supposed to be much better than us with only KD.

Yeah the Spurs beat us in the second game - but really only because we sucked so bad in the first quarter and got down 20.

The Bulls are awful, no better than the Pistons who we just beat fairly routinely.

I expect Beal back tonight and for us to win by double digits.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah we are 3-4. But we were up by 20 and damn sure should have beat the Spurs in the first game. We never should have lost that Lakers game, and we were right in the game with Philly who is supposed to be much better than us with only KD.

Yeah the Spurs beat us in the second game - but really only because we sucked so bad in the first quarter and got down 20.

The Bulls are awful, no better than the Pistons who we just beat fairly routinely.

I expect Beal back tonight and for us to win by double digits.
That’s a nice laundry list of excuses for why we lost to a bunch of below .500 teams but no argument made why this shouldn’t basically be a pick ‘em game between a 3-4 team missing it’s best player against a 3-5 team at home.

None of which is to say we can’t or won’t win. We definitely can and I hope we do, but oddsmakers ain’t just giving us the benefit of the doubt… because.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That’s a nice laundry list of excuses for why we lost to a bunch of below .500 teams but no argument made why this shouldn’t basically be a pick ‘em game between a 3-4 team missing it’s best player against a 3-5 team at home.

None of which is to say we can’t or won’t win. We definitely can and I hope we do, but oddsmakers ain’t just giving us the benefit of the doubt… because.
The argument is simple the Suns with Durant and Beal are a better team that will have a spark with Beal making his debut. Line should be something like Suns -6 with Beal confirmed.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

So why would you say we lost those games? There are reasons even if you want to dress them up as “excuses.”

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beal reportedly will have a minutes restriction.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there something unique about the local broadcast tonight? For some reason, only the Bulls broadcast is available on League Pass tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there something unique about the local broadcast tonight? For some reason, only the Bulls broadcast is available on League Pass tonight.

I'm not aware of anything. I'm watching on local channel 3.