Suns @ Bulls

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Bulls were without Curry and Antonio Davis due to suspensions for their first two games. From what I can tell:

1. Bulls have terrible defense, giving up over 50% shooting from both the Nets and the Pacers.

2 Bulls show poor shooting, averaging only 40.4% and are around 30% for three.

The key for the Bulls to remain competative:

1. Bulls rely heavily on creating turnovers (they created 30 against the Nets)

2. The Bulls will attack the offensve boards - 20 against the Nets and 15 against the Pacers.

Unless the Suns get sloppy with the ball, they should win fairly easily.

Last edited:

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
I like how we're so excited for the season that we are posting game threads 2 days in advance now.

I don't think the Suns can keep beating their opponents by 20+ points, so I'm going to guess they'll let the Bulls keep this one close. Suns win by 15. :p

Any idea if Outlaw will be in a uniform Tuesday?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Suns - 102 (Little rusty from the break)
Bulls - 91

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I like how I can say 102 points is rusty.. :thumbup:

StatsAmare

Playin' 110%
Reaction score
carey said:
I like how we're so excited for the season that we are posting game threads 2 days in advance now.

I don't think the Suns can keep beating their opponents by 20+ points, so I'm going to guess they'll let the Bulls keep this one close. Suns win by 15. :p

Any idea if Outlaw will be in a uniform Tuesday?
from what i understand, they sign him tues morn

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
StatsAmare said:

Supposedly he is already in Chicago, and will be signed tomorrow morning before practice. He can't participate in practice without a contract, and I am sure they want to get at least 1 practice under his belt.

Shame Memphis cut him so late.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
StatsAmare said:

I read somewhere they're signing him tonight.

Suns 112 Bulls 100 :shrug:

Errntknght

Reaction score
I think the Bulls are a better team than they've shown so far and the Suns get over-confident at the drop of a hat so I think the game will go down to the wire with Bulls winning it.

I'm sure Skiles would like nothing better than getting his first win of the season against the Suns - and he's enough of a defensive tactician to come up with a plan that will slow us down. Unless the Bulls have a game Monday night - I doubt they do - he will have had lots of time to work on it. I think it will be a good learning experience for the Suns to be forced into slower tempo game. I'm very interested to see how well we deal with it.

sunsfn

Reaction score
For those of us that are going to watch this game on tv, pay attention to Deng to see if we screwed up in not drafting him.

Suns should win this game by 15 points.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
How could we screw up by passing on a SF who comes off the bench for one of the 5 worst teams in the NBA?

sunsfn

Reaction score
slinslin said:
How could we screw up by passing on a SF who comes off the bench for one of the 5 worst teams in the NBA?

HUH???

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
SF is the easiest position to fill in the NBA. I dout we made a mistake by passing on a SF as high as #7 when we already had Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson.

I'd rather have that Chicago pick and Quentin Richardson than Luol Deng. Couldn't care less if Deng eventually makes an allstar team.

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
slinslin said:
SF is the easiest position to fill in the NBA. I dout we made a mistake by passing on a SF as high as #7 when we already had Shawn Marion and Joe Johnson.

I'd rather have that Chicago pick and Quentin Richardson than Luol Deng. Couldn't care less if Deng eventually makes an allstar team.

Would have been Iggy any way.

Deng was only 8 of 21 against the Nets. However, the guy who has NOT impressed so far this season is Gordon who is 6 of 20 for the season.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 wins and everybody gets overconfident. Easy guys. Relax and just enjoy the ride.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
3 wins and everybody gets overconfident. Easy guys. Relax and just enjoy the ride.

It's not overconfidence if you actually think it will happen..would you bet against it happening? I wouldn't :thumbup:

Dr. Dumas

Registered
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

It sure beats being 0-3 and talking about trades. I understand what you are saying about being too overconfident, but as a Suns fan, we have not had too much to get excited about in the last couple of years.

I'll take the excited approach, and if I get let down down the road, I'll have to live with it.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
Deng is putting up stats on a bad team and I'd rather have Andre Iguodala - Quentin Richardson will pick it up (shooting)...

I'm still going to stick with 81-1 :p

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Lots of Chicago fans seem to be predicting a Bulls win as well as keeping us in the low 90s. ;)

Both the Nets and Pacers averaged over 50% shooting against the Bulls (and the Pacers did not have J. O'Neal), while the Bulls are shooting 37%. Low 90's? Don't bet on it.

asudevil83

Reaction score
slinslin said:
Lots of Chicago fans seem to be predicting a Bulls win as well as keeping us in the low 90s. ;)
oh please show me where you've read that....pretty please. i want to be able to tell some of those fans off. i mean come on how could a chicago fan even say that?

you lose to a nets team that took 2OTs to beat you. but this nets team goes home and on the next night gets destroyed by 32 on their home court. granted you could brush the loss off because they played a 2OT game the night before, but that doesnt explain 32 points.

i think the suns will give Chicago a treatment Tuesday night....but only if the outside shot is there. i really, really, really dont want to be around for a game when things arent clicking one night, and the next day all hell breaks lose on all the boards.

cuzz in all honesty....us phoenix fans are very very very tempormatic with how this team does. one day they could be all about a championship...the next its about trading JJ or Marion for a center because we suck.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
things arent clicking one night

The nice thing is that there are so many offensive weapons, that even if 2 or 3 guys are having an off night, the others can pick up the slack!

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
This board will always have Trade Proposal's regardless of record but I like team and other than a few Shawn Marion haters, this board has been positive through 2 bad years out of 17 (minus Penny Hardaway talk) :thumbup:

When Suns are in Lottery, there will be Trades to get team back to Playoffs and while in Playoff hunt, there will be Trades to push team to the elite AND then there's ME and slinslin :wave:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05