Suns @ Clippers Wednesday game thread, October 23rd, 2024: Season Opener

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna need 65+ wins or WTF are we doing here?
The Clippers wasn't a pretty win but I'll take it.
First real game with alot of new players in an Arena that the Clippers DID NOT want to lose the first ever game in.
A win is a win
That means the Suns closed out Staples with a win over the Lakers AND opened the new Arena with a win over the Clippers.
Perspective

And the Suns survived "The Wall." Malika Andrews and others discuss it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not put a number on it yet. I am actually surprised nobody put up a win prediction poll yet.
I really like the young guys and the FA additions this year so I'm entering the season with a lot of hope (not championship level hope, but hope). Granted, I felt the same about the additions last year until reality set in a month or so into the season but at least with young guys, you can throw out the scores and just watch to see if and how they develop.

Anyway, I'm going to hope and expect to see 50 plus wins but I also know I might be whistling a different tune by Christmas.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So now you are admitting that you think he is selfish quite often and not just in that game? What was the point of all the back and forth over "this game" then? Also "He can score 25 because he's selfish" in no way suggested you were referring to a single game. "He got 25 because he played a selfish game" would have been much more clear.

I was adding context. Don't see what the issue is. Someone else kept going to the past to say why it wasn't selfish when that's irrelevant to the point he played a selfish game. Saying Grayon led the league in 3pt shooting isn't something that support Durant being selfish. It's shifting the discussion to something else entirely. If you want to constantly move the goal posts that's your prerogative but it's not engaging in a discussion in good faith. See the issue now?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you just trolling? Are you serious?

Ty Lue was able to gameplan the entire game without Kawhi. Book fouled out with like 4 minutes left in the game. And who stepped up? KD did. To think otherwise is just hating.

I'd agree with that part. I was asking because I wanted you to clarify the difference because the "Booker was out" reasoning has been used a lot when it wasnt that big deal to the overall game as 85% of he was available. I'd disagree KD stepped up outside of the game tying shot at the end. Beal stepped up, KD tried and didn't produce.

Who stepped up and filled the hole for the Clippers? It seemed like an old Houston Rockets Harden game where he just tried drawing contact. I think Lue is a great coach but I don't think a Leonard-less team is a quality opponent.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'd agree with that part. I was asking because I wanted you to clarify the difference because the "Booker was out" reasoning has been used a lot when it wasnt that big deal to the overall game as 85% of he was available. I'd disagree KD stepped up outside of the game tying shot at the end. Beal stepped up, KD tried and didn't produce.

Who stepped up and filled the hole for the Clippers? It seemed like an old Houston Rockets Harden game where he just tried drawing contact. I think Lue is a great coach but I don't think a Leonard-less team is a quality opponent.
The 4th quarter was all KD and a few 3s from book before he fouled out. Amazing the hate that Suns fans throw his way.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was adding context. Don't see what the issue is. Someone else kept going to the past to say why it wasn't selfish when that's irrelevant to the point he played a selfish game. Saying Grayon led the league in 3pt shooting isn't something that support Durant being selfish. It's shifting the discussion to something else entirely. If you want to constantly move the goal posts that's your prerogative but it's not engaging in a discussion in good faith. See the issue now?
Weird. Because I count at least 3 someones who actually got the point being made. Also that is completely bull. We had 3 of the best offensive players and yet the team still found Grayson. Everyone, including a certain someone who averaged 5 assists. That absolutely destroys that argument and is not shifting it at all. Even sticking to this one game multiple people have explained why his 25 points wasn’t selfish and you are ignoring all that. That’s not engaging in a good faith argument.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weird. Because I count at least 3 someones who actually got the point being made. Also that is completely bull. We had 3 of the best offensive players and yet the team still found Grayson. Everyone, including a certain someone who averaged 5 assists. That absolutely destroys that argument and is not shifting it at all. Even sticking to this one game multiple people have explained why his 25 points wasn’t selfish and you are ignoring all that. That’s not engaging in a good faith argument.

Going to ignore everyone who criticized his performance? Ok.

Learn this if nothing else, since you want to downplay and dismiss others since you think you're in the majority, that doesn't make you right.

I'm entitled to my opinion and you can't or won't silence me simply because you don't like what I have to say.

Edit - you haven't changed my opinion, you've only tried deflecting from it. You can't argue the point, you are allowing your feelings to get in the way of objective analysis. It happened earlier with those on "your side" attacking Steve and accusing him of bias and being a hater, which they walked back after he stated his opinion. I won't be as cordial as Steve because I'm frankly fed up with you. Kindly pound salt.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to ignore everyone who criticized his performance? Ok.

Learn this if nothing else, since you want to downplay and dismiss others since you think you're in the majority, that doesn't make you right.

I'm entitled to my opinion and you can't or won't silence me simply because you don't like what I have to say.

Edit - you haven't changed my opinion, you've only tried deflecting from it. You can't argue the point, you are allowing your feelings to get in the way of objective analysis. It happened earlier with those on "your side" attacking Steve and accusing him of bias and being a hater, which they walked back after he stated his opinion. I won't be as cordial as Steve because I'm frankly fed up with you. Kindly pound salt.
Why would I ignore it? I brought up what I didn’t like earlier in the thread. Not once did ignore what he didn’t do well. Also, no it has nothing to do with the majority. Multiple people here think what you said didn’t make sense and gave you reasons why.

Just because you don’t agree doesn’t mean all the people who have given reasons are wrong. We gave you solid reasons and if you can’t be objective about it that’s your prerogative.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would I ignore it? I brought up what I didn’t like earlier in the thread. Not once did ignore what he didn’t do well. Also, no it has nothing to do with the majority. Multiple people here think what you said didn’t make sense and gave you reasons why.

Just because you don’t agree doesn’t mean all the people who have given reasons are wrong. We gave you solid reasons and if you can’t be objective about it that’s your prerogative.

You tell me. You're now trying to play majority rules, using the fact others questioned me to DEFLECT and to attempt to claim victory. That's what this whole post is.. .

Quoted for context. You want to argue with me, not a point I made. You're being a troll. Sorry, not sorry.

Lets highlight these reasons he wasn't being selfish. Please. 7 turnovers, 0 assists, absolute tunnel vision. Your KD fandom isn't allowing you to be objective. You and others keep deflecting from the game and performance to try and say he wasn't selfish when his play and statline says otherwise. I'm done, reply with something stupid now trying to shift things more. I don't care. Last words yours, maybe you'll get KD to step in and pat you on the back for stanning for him so hard.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You tell me. You're now trying to play majority rules, using the fact others questioned me to DEFLECT and to attempt to claim victory. That's what this whole post is.. .

Quoted for context. You want to argue with me, not a point I made. You're being a troll. Sorry, not sorry.

Let’s highlight these reasons he wasn't being selfish. Please. 7 turnovers, 0 assists, absolute tunnel vision. Your KD fandom isn't allowing you to be objective. You and others keep deflecting from the game and performance to try and say he wasn't selfish when his play and statline says otherwise. I'm done, reply with something stupid now trying to shift things more. I don't care. Last words yours, maybe you'll get KD to step in and pat you on the back for stanning for him so hard.
Huh? What are you yammering about? It’s not a win or lose scenario It’s a matter of you being objective or not after making a statement multiple people thought was way off base.

The rest of your post is just gibberish and you repeating yourself. Didn’t you say we didn’t change your mind? Guess how successful you are at changing ours?

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Same old Suns. Letting up too many points in the paint and offensive rebounds (maybe a compromise vs letting up too many uncontested threes) while going to the line maybe 5 times in a game.

However, it is early, and I like this team a lot better than last year's team. Early favorites: Monte Morris and Ryan Dunn.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
But you're such an easy mark! :)

EDIT: Need to make sure I post "THIS IS A JOKE" before I post, right?

If it was serious, you'd definitely know.
You can use smiley or wink smiley or whatever emoji that lets everybody know it is in good humor. Just a tip. Then we can save ourselves quite a lot of going back on forth.

We're all in this together, so let's start the season on a good foot!
:thewave:

Can I get a Go Suns?