Suns draft Oso Ighodaro at #40

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. Watching th tape of this guy. Am I seeing what I am seeing? I am talking about his passing, his handle in the open court. His vision. Sure looks to me like this kid has guard skills.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
So. Watching th tape of this guy. Am I seeing what I am seeing? I am talking about his passing, his handle in the open court. His vision. Sure looks to me like this kid has guard skills.
Our answer at PG? :D

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can we trade him for Camara? I'm half joking. Still miss Toumani more than Ayton. Maybe this Oso kid surprises. At least Summer League will be interesting.

I'm fine with him being signed but I think we should have waited until after SL. His play there determining whether he gets a Two-Way or real contract.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Can we trade him for Camara? I'm half joking. Still miss Toumani more than Ayton. Maybe this Oso kid surprises. At least Summer League will be interesting.

I'm fine with him being signed but I think we should have waited until after SL. His play there determining whether he gets a Two-Way or real contract.
They must like him

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My guess is the Suns really liked him and wanted to wrap him up long term.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That changes our roster spots left and opens up a two way.

I don't think Oso was ever on a two-way contract. He will be on the regular roster.

The Suns still have one two-way spot open and they are awaiting what Okogie does for the 15th spot unless they waive or trade Roddy.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am wondering if we really wanted Okogie we would have signed him by now. Maybe we are shopping around still?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Well, hope so. Either that or…. Ishbia seems to like to spend money quickly.
I was worried about filling a roster spot with him instead of a two way, but then I realized Ishbia will just waive who he needs to, to make a roster spot if needed and eat the salary. I don't think it's a money issue other than getting an asset long term for a fixed amount of dollars. After opening the vaults for three large contracts, you gotta have some smaller ones to round it out.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I love many things about him, but that three-point release is at his chin. He will have difficulty getting that off without getting blocked by the long-armed players in this league. They will be able to close a gap on him easily. I would make him shoot threes with Nurk or Bol just standing two feet in front of him. Make him rise up and release high.