Reaction score
Good to see Utah keep hope alive.

Any of these stats jump out at you?

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that ridiculous Golden State sham is going to put the Lakers into the playoffs. that sucks.

although Utah didn't do itself any favors completely crapping the bed for like 3 straight weeks last month.

bummer... they're going to get in by one freaking game unless Utah pulls off a REALLY tough win against a Memphis team playing at home for HCA while the Lakers need to completely crap the bed against Houston and we hope that the NBA doesn't send the WWE refs for the game to bail them out.

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
that ridiculous Golden State sham is going to put the Lakers into the playoffs. that sucks.

although Utah didn't do itself any favors completely crapping the bed for like 3 straight weeks last month.

bummer... they're going to get in by one freaking game unless Utah pulls off a REALLY tough win against a Memphis team playing at home for HCA while the Lakers need to completely crap the bed against Houston and we hope that the NBA doesn't send the WWE refs for the game to bail them out.

Desire to make the playoffs trumps the desire to get home court advantage. There still is a chance on Wed.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Still a chance with Houston needing a win against LAL for favorable seeding. Of course Memphis will need a win to have any shot at HCA, the only hope for some sort of advantage for Utah in that game is if the Clippers beat Portland tomorrow and the Grizz concede their victory against the Kings on Wednesday(either by resting guys or half hearted play). Would feel better about the Jazz winning if the game were in Utah, they are just dreadful on the road.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No, the Suns instead get this year's Heat pick, for some convoluted reason I can't remember.

If anyone still cares last year the Lakers traded the right for the Cavs to swap any of their first round picks(the Heat's pick will be the worst) as part of the Ramon Sessions trade. However the Lakers put a lottery protection on the right to swap picks which meant when they traded for Nash they could only trade whichever 2013 first round pick they ended up with.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone still cares last year the Lakers traded the right for the Cavs to swap any of their first round picks(the Heat's pick will be the worst) as part of the Ramon Sessions trade. However the Lakers put a lottery protection on the right to swap picks which meant when they traded for Nash they could only trade whichever 2013 first round pick they ended up with.

That makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Desire to make the playoffs trumps the desire to get home court advantage. There still is a chance on Wed.

if the Jazz were playing at home, I'd give them a real solid shot, but on the road, that's a really tough order. however, Memphis did play their starters only 20ish minutes tonight. maybe they value health more then homecourt since they'll only get it for one round at best. let's hope that's the case come Wednesday.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Memphis has nothing to play for.

Denver is a game ahead and has the tie-breaker and the Clippers are Division Champs and can't be seeded lower than #4.

So even if Memphis loses and Denver loses at home vs Phoenix and the Clippers lose to both Sacramento and Portland. Memphis would still be the #5 seed.

Meanwhile the Houston Rockets must win against the Lakers to avoid OKC. Let's just hope they don't lose on purpose because they would rather play Harden's old team than the Spurs...

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Memphis has nothing to play for.

Denver is a game ahead and has the tie-breaker and the Clippers are Division Champs and can't be seeded lower than #4.

So even if Memphis loses and Denver loses at home vs Phoenix and the Clippers lose to both Sacramento and Portland. Memphis would still be the #5 seed.

Meanwhile the Houston Rockets must win against the Lakers to avoid OKC. Let's just hope they don't lose on purpose because they would rather play Harden's old team than the Spurs...

I'm pretty sure if the #5 team has a better record than #4, #5 gets home-court advantage.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

HCA is determined by record not seeding. If LAC loses to Blazers or Kings then Memphis would clinch HCA with a win against Utah by virtue of a better record, only if they finish tied would the division champs tie breaker apply.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Even then the Clippers losing to Portland or Sacramento seems incredibly unlikely.

Houston definitely has motivation to beat LA, they can keep #7 and keep the Lakers out of the playoffs when they want to try to lure away Howard in the offseason.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even then the Clippers losing to Portland or Sacramento seems incredibly unlikely.

Houston definitely has motivation to beat LA, they can keep #7 and keep the Lakers out of the playoffs when they want to try to lure away Howard in the offseason.

Yep.

With the loss and Warriors win, the Rockets fell back to seventh in the Western Conference. They would fall to eighth and a first-round match up with the Oklahoma City Thunder with a loss to the Lakers on Wednesday. If the Warriors win in Portland on Wednesday, the Rockets could not finish any higher than seventh in the West and a likely matchup with the San Antonio Spurs.

The Lakers would have to win to make the playoffs if the Jazz win their season-finale, Wednesday at Memphis, with the Grizzlies playing for homecourt advantage in the first round.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2013/04/rockets-fall-to-suns-drop-to-seventh-seed/

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So let me get this right. If Utah wins the Lakers cannot be the 8th seed. They will either be 9th or 7th. I believe the Lakers will have the tie breaker over Houston if they beat them. So Houston is looking at OKC if they lose or Spurs if they win.

They should want Spurs over OKC. Spurs have not looked as good in the playoffs in recent years.

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
So let me get this right. If Utah wins the Lakers cannot be the 8th seed. They will either be 9th or 7th. I believe the Lakers will have the tie breaker over Houston if they beat them. So Houston is looking at OKC if they lose or Spurs if they win.

They should want Spurs over OKC. Spurs have not looked as good in the playoffs in recent years.

...... and the Spurs have several injuries and do not look like the same team that was playing earlier this season. Also, Tony Parker is clearly not the same player as injuries have taken a toll. He looked terrible on Sunday versus the Lakers.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
couldn't care less whether the Lakers lost in the first or second round... only interesting thing is if they make it at all.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. The only way the Lakers end up 8th seed if both the Lakers and Utah lose.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
couldn't care less whether the Lakers lost in the first or second round... only interesting thing is if they make it at all.

Me either. My point is that Houston has pretty significant motivation to win this game. And they could have been resting their starters if they had beaten the Suns a few days ago.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If Houston wins and Golden State loses then Houston would jump up to the 6th spot and play the banged up Nuggets, that is probably the most ideal scenario for the Rockettes. Golden State is playing Portland on the road so a loss is unlikely given the Blazers gigantic slide, but final game and at home... maybe Blazers find a pulse.

And speaking of the banged up Nuggets, thats really too bad. They have a really fun roster and IMO were a legit threat to come out of the West before all these injuries struck.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
in the end, i'd love to see the Heat no win it all again

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm starting to think it may be better not to get the Lakers pick. We all know it's destined to be Mason Plumlee. The last thing we need is another low ceiling, career bench player like Marshall and the Morris bros.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm starting to think it may be better not to get the Lakers pick. We all know it's destined to be Mason Plumlee. The last thing we need is another low ceiling, career bench player like Marshall and the Morris bros.

Ha, outside of Dragic/Scola/Gortat, every player on our roster.

That said, no way it's better to have last pick of the first round than something in the low teens. Despite our putrid performance in similar positions, I'd still prefer the Lakers pick. (As I assume you would as well)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Utah down 12 in the third... Looks like the dream is gone. Man.... What a freaking tease!