Suns get lottery pick from Lakers if they miss playoffs

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Now people can stop crowing about what a fabulous trade it was and how we're loaded with draft picks. (Unless a bunch of 2nd rounders makes you excited)

Just another kick in the nuts as an Arizona sports fan, something we've gotten plenty of as of late.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh well. At least it provided some excitement to a horrible season. Now we get to wait to see how many teams jump ahead of us in the lottery drawing. I'm certain at least one team will jump ahead of us if not two.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Alright, time to lock this up. *** the Lakers!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Oh well. At least it provided some excitement to a horrible season. Now we get to wait to see how many teams jump ahead of us in the lottery drawing. I'm certain at least one team will jump ahead of us if not two.

Yep. We'll be just outside the range of McLemore/Noel/Porter/Oladipo and end up with some turd like Len.

Good times!

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Now the Lakers get the 3-7 Spurs in the first round and then injured Denver or a so-so Golden State team. I would say they were the luckiest team ever had they not lost their best player.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Now people can stop crowing about what a fabulous trade it was and how we're loaded with draft picks. (Unless a bunch of 2nd rounders makes you excited)

Just another kick in the nuts as an Arizona sports fan, something we've gotten plenty of as of late.

What we still get Lakers 2015 pick as well so it is not over from a compensation wise. Still better than getting noting for a player that would not have made this team that much better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What we still get Lakers 2015 pick as well so it is not over from a compensation wise. Still better than getting noting for a player that would not have made this team that much better.

if Dwight stays, that 2015 pick will be garbage simply because in 2014, the Lakers will have a boatload of cap space and you know they'll get a great FA (in a great FA class) to pair with Dwight to make that pick as irrelevant as this years is.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still getting something for Nash when he could have walked for no compensation is welcome.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Still getting something for Nash when he could have walked for no compensation is welcome.

Something is usually better than nothing, but the odds of us getting anything of value from the 30th pick this year, a couple 2nd rounders and the Lakers pick in 2015 is extremely low.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that wasn't the only place Nash wanted to go and needed us to swing a deal. We could have dealt him to NY apparently to get Shumpert. whether that's better or worse, who knows... but I have a feeling that having seen who this FO has drafted at 14, that anyone they draft at 30 is going to be out of the league within two years.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
that wasn't the only place Nash wanted to go and needed us to swing a deal. We could have dealt him to NY apparently to get Shumpert.

It was a sign and trade. If Nash didn't want to go to the Knicks, he could have just signed outright with the Lakers and left the Suns with nothing.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
The best thing for fans that we got from this trade so far is a way to make what would have otherwise been a total a waste of a season something semi-intersting to follow. At least we had something to be excited about until the end of the season. Otherwise we have got to be about the least exciting team in basketball.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score

One cannot argue with pessism or superstition, but statistically speaking the odds of moving down are slightly more than 50% (52.3%) and the chances of moving up are about 40% (40.2%) and we have about a 10% chance of sticking at number 4.

The aproximate odds of each draft pick is as follows:

1. 11.9%
2. 12.6%
3. 15.7%
4. 9.9%
5. 35.1%
6. 16%
7. 1.2%

My personal guess is the Orlando will get the number 1 pick and use it on Noel. He'll turn into the leagues most dominant big man and then force a trade to the Lakers at the end of his rookie contract after taking Orlando to the Finals once.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something is usually better than nothing, but the odds of us getting anything of value from the 30th pick this year, a couple 2nd rounders and the Lakers pick in 2015 is extremely low.

I disagree at #30, especially when a player like Carrick Felix will likely fall into the latter half of the second round and a good choice for the Suns then if he is available. There is talent to be found. The problem is the Suns are poor at evaluating talent.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The problem is the Suns are poor at evaluating talent.

Exactly. We can't hit on lottery picks, what are the odds we'll find a diamond in the rough?

Further, about the best you can hope for from a late 1st/2nd rounder is a bench player. We've got plenty of those. We desperately need starting talent. Call me pessimistic, but I doubt anything comes out of any of the Lakers picks.

Guess we'll see...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. We can't hit on lottery picks, what are the odds we'll find a diamond in the rough?

Further, about the best you can hope for from a late 1st/2nd rounder is a bench player. We've got plenty of those. We desperately need starting talent. Call me pessimistic, but I doubt anything comes out of any of the Lakers picks.

Guess we'll see...

This is why Blanks needs to go. The Suns used to be good late in the draft in yesteryear. Even Kerr, who I considered a terrible GM, snagged Dragic.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Look at the 2012 draft and tell me which player drafted after Marshall now screams "YOU SHOULD HAVE PICKED ME?"

I guess Harkless, Fournier, Ezeli and Barton have shown something but far from making anyone regret passing on them.

If Kendall continues to work hard on his shot he will be a good player. 12.3apg 2.3topg as a starter except that he was shooting 29% in those 3 games but the assist/turnover numbers are absolutely outstanding. His core PG skills are there.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the 2012 draft and tell me which player drafted after Marshall now screams "YOU SHOULD HAVE PICKED ME?"

I guess Harkless, Fournier, Ezeli and Barton have shown something but far from making anyone regret passing on them.

If Kendall continues to work hard on his shot he will be a good player. 12.3apg 2.3topg as a starter except that he was shooting 29% in those 3 games but the assist/turnover numbers are absolutely outstanding. His core PG skills are there.

Every draft is different so I don't think you can say the 2013 draft will be like the 2012 draft. I still like the upside of players like John Henson, Arnett Moultrie and Jae Crowder. Also some players take longer to develop and are still unknown. And then there are the international players.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
And Marshall can't develop?

He looked pretty good in the 3 games he started considering he is a rookie. Putting up 12.3apg at 2.3topg.

If he could consistently do that he'd probably lead the league in assists and assist/turnover ratio.