Suns @ Hornets Game Thread

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Such late friggin calls in this game!

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Nash really pissed me off. What was he trying to do? There is no need for pick and roll when you have 2 low post mismatches- Diaw vs. Posey and Amare vs. West.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give the Suns credit for playing the kind of defense we will need later in the year.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
It's either one of those games or we have no perimeter defense lol.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
even warriors without baron davis and monta ellis,no PG gave much harder time to NOH yesterday and lost in last seconds

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
You just can't turn the ball over 24 times and let the other team shoot 54% for threes and expect to win.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
well that game sucked but I figured we might lose especially after playing such a hard road game vs the spurs... just sucks we had to play bad with all the turnovers etc. But i'm sure the suns will pick it up next game but for some reason the hornets just own us hope we don't see them in the playoffs :(

cly2tw

Reaction score
Paul just feasts on Nash. Amare is not good enough defender to help out Nash. Our only chance to win was to defend Paul better with Dragic.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
the biggest guy the hornets had on the floor for the last 6 minutes of the 4th was west. why was shaq not out there? west has no chance against him, and posey is really an easy matchup for amare and diaw in the post. even if they go to hack a shaq, they have so little depth that the fouls could really become a problem for them.

can't win with 24 turnovers, especially when the other team is knocking down wide open 3 after wide open 3.

also, i think we should try playing nash and dragic together. put dragic on paul and nash on peterson in the corner. dragic did well on paul and forced a turnover or 2. paul just abuses nash.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don't get why they don't run offense through the low post every possession. You have Shaq, Amare and Diaw- one of them should be getting the ball in the low post every time down the floor.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
This team still does not have a backup PG and Nash is showing signs of age... those TO at the end of close games are becoming more often.

And our bench is still very weak.

Barbosa is too inconsistent.

Raja has not done much last two seasons and continue to show his decline.

Diaw is Diaw.

Dragic is tragic... so far has not shown anything to be excited about.

No way we can compete in the extremely strong West.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow I am Mr Negative Nancy on the Suns and they impressed me more in defeat today then they did in victory yesterday.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mama said there'd be days like this. bad matchup for us.

posey's gonna be HUGE for that team though.

cly2tw

Reaction score
the biggest guy the hornets had on the floor for the last 6 minutes of the 4th was west. why was shaq not out there? west has no chance against him, and posey is really an easy matchup for amare and diaw in the post. even if they go to hack a shaq, they have so little depth that the fouls could really become a problem for them.

can't win with 24 turnovers, especially when the other team is knocking down wide open 3 after wide open 3.

also, i think we should try playing nash and dragic together. put dragic on paul and nash on peterson in the corner. dragic did well on paul and forced a turnover or 2. paul just abuses nash.

Actually, the couple of time they got the ball to Diaw and Amare they were quite successful. Nash even nailed a couple 3s with Amare screens. But we couldn't make any stop on the other end, and they shot 3s like crazy.

However, NOH might be the only matchup for us to have no way to prevail against with Nash on the court, as long as we don't have better defense to help out Paul/Nash mismatch.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
That was supremely frustrating to watch. And when we finally get a combination of guys that were clicking and working hard on defense Porter subs em out. I liked what I saw from Dragic today, I am hopeful that he may turn into a solid role player by the end of the year.

Wonder

Registered
Reaction score
Give Amare the damn ball.

- Amare needs to play defense
- etc
- It's game two into the season
- Suns had turnovers
- Nash wasn't all that good this game

Now with that aside, even with his 16 attempts, let's say 13 attempts ( a few of those when it did not matter) he should be the center of the offense. ESPECIALLY if they want to play half court? Is Porter actually dantoni painted in black? Now I know the Suns as a whole killed themselves in this game with turnovers. The defense wasn't horrid, New Orleans did make some big 3's and we cut it real short too (peterson/that other no-name? wtf?).

So they kind of went to Amare at the beginning of the game but not throughout the game, not one bit. This is something that Kerr said he was going to change. You have a player on this roster that cannot be stopped, when he is stopped, he gets to the foul line more than half the time. It kills me, for about 3 years all I saw was Dantoni wrapping amare in chains to the floor and I felt that with this new coach and new offense it would all be unlocked, or just more than half of it!

I know it's game two, I know, I know. I'm just saying, give Amare the freaking ball, not when it's too late, or in just one quarter.

cly2tw

Reaction score
That was supremely frustrating to watch. And when we finally get a combination of guys that were clicking and working hard on defense Porter subs em out. I liked what I saw from Dragic today, I am hopeful that he may turn into a solid role player by the end of the year.

Dragic is really smart at defense. In the fourth, he made the right decisions and disrupted NO's offense to allow us to come back within 5. We might have had a chance to win, had we stuck to him for the rest of the 4th and fed Amare and Diaw down-low the rest of the way. But coach probably didn't want to embarass Nash with that. The result is Porter has now the first-hand impression of how we lost 4 games to the Hornets last season by repeating the very same performance one more time.
:bang:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Let's be fair though. New Orleans is a damn good team. David West is an incredibly versatile player with a fabulous mid-range shot.