Suns in 2006-07

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Guess It depends on how heathly we are and Amare really. Many think he needs to be the old amare for us to win it all but really all we need is a guy who can score, rebound and be a force on the inside by just being a big body. Come playoff time I expect Amare to be in decent enough game shape to help us get where we need to be.

Had Raja not got hurt last year I feel we would of made the finals

HooverDam

Reaction score
The Suns WILL win the NBA Championship this year. Put your money on it, Amare or not, the Suns can do it and they will.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point in the season, it is easier to predict number of wins. The Suns have not had much luck in terms of health during the playoffs, so it is hard to say more than that they have a real shot.

BTW, I'm predicting 60 wins.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Guess It depends on how heathly we are and Amare really. Many think he needs to be the old amare for us to win it all but really all we need is a guy who can score, rebound and be a force on the inside by just being a big body. Come playoff time I expect Amare to be in decent enough game shape to help us get where we need to be.

Had Raja not got hurt last year I feel we would of made the finals
I agree, we have a good chance even if Amare is not 100% but still productive. Even so, if he's 100% near the end of the season imagine how great this team can be. It all depends on health...please no more injuries to key players!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
...please no more injuries to key players!
That would be great, but injuries are a part of the NBA.

The keys are . . .

The Coach going with more than a 7-man rotation, to reduce the chance of injury and fatigue . . .

and having a contingency plan for injury coverage at every position.

Hopefully, last season will lead to preparation before injuries happen, rather than scrambling when it's too late.

Nasser22

Reaction score
That would be great, but injuries are a part of the NBA.

The keys are . . .

The Coach going with more than a 7-man rotation, to reduce the chance of injury and fatigue . . .

and having a contingency plan for injury coverage at every position.

Hopefully, last season will lead to preparation before injuries happen, rather than scrambling when it's too late.

Well i'll take minor injuries like every other team but it seemed like we are the ones with the bad luck all the time.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In 2004-05, the Suns were remarkably injury free until JJ got hurt. Last year was pretty bad, but mostly because it was all in the same position - center (Amare, Grant, and KT) before Bell got hurt.

I hope the Suns don't need to go deep into the roster this year, but I'm encouraged that they will not fall apart if they have to.

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The importance of preseason games is far from clear. For bad teams, winning is a big deal because they need to prove they can win. For top teams, experimenting with player combinations and doing new stuff is more important than a meaningless victory.

Still, it would be nice if the Suns showed more fourth quarter grit.

Nasser22

Reaction score
Because the defense was pretty decent with Kurt Thomas playing. Actually our opponents field goal % was better than the Mavericks at that time. With our fast paced style the other will get more opportunities and score more. Also, our problem last year was rebounding too and that will be improved with Amare back. This team won't have the rebounding troubles it did with Kurt, Amare and Marion out there at the same time. They also got Banks, Barbosa is continuing his improvement on D. The Suns will never be a great defensive team but the D this year should be good enough so that it's not a problem.