Suns @ Kings 4-16-14, Season Finale

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play at the Kings tonight at 7:30 PM Arizona time in the last game of their NBA season. I understand Dragic will sit out this game which makes me happy as he needs time to get his injured ankle healed. Hopefully the Suns give significant playing time to Archie Goodwin and Alex Len. See more from the Paul Coro article at azcentral dated 4-16-14 at the link below.

Suns (47-34) at Kings (28-53) … 7:30 p.m. Phoenix tip time

C: Miles Plumlee … Reggie Evans

PF: Channing Frye … Jason Thompson

SF: P.J. Tucker … Rudy Gay or Derrick Williams

SG: Gerald Green … Ben McLemore

PG: Eric Bledsoe … Isaiah Thomas

Key Kings injuries: DeMarcus Cousins is suspended for having 16 technical fouls this season. Rudy Gay (back) is a game-time decision. Carl Landry (knee) and Jason Terry (knee) are out.

Key Kings reserves: Ray McCallum, Quincy Acy, Travis Outlaw, Aaron Gray and Derrick Williams.

The way the Suns handle a game like this is another situation for management to judge, just as how it was in seeing how players handled the high-impact, high-pressure games of the past month. In this case, those who do not take a serious approach are showing something about how they would handle a season that goes awry.

Hornacek is setting the tone for an honest game look by starting the usual lineup, except holding out Goran Dragic because of his sore ankle. Those starters might not re-enter either half after playing the first few minutes so that the likes of rookies Archie Goodwin, Alex Len and Dionte Christmas can get rare extended time.

"That's going to be real fun," Suns point guard Ish Smith said of playing with those guys tonight. "Just to play is. What else would be doing? We'd be playing pickup somewhere. I know we're all disappointed about how it ended. But at the end of the day, when the ball starts bouncing, we'll be competitive again and give it our best."

* If the Suns win tonight, half of the franchise's 46 seasons will have ended with at least 48 wins.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...uns-kings-game-preview-orange-slices/7785423/

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
guess I will watch just cause be nice to see the suns end the season on a positive note. Is Bledsoe a free agent after this season? I mean I like Bledsoe but I am still not sure I would pay him max money to keep him injury concerns and down the stretch was okay but still didn't win the games we had to. Don't get me wrong if we resign Bledsoe I will be more than happy just not for max money

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
guess I will watch just cause be nice to see the suns end the season on a positive note. Is Bledsoe a free agent after this season? I mean I like Bledsoe but I am still not sure I would pay him max money to keep him injury concerns and down the stretch was okay but still didn't win the games we had to. Don't get me wrong if we resign Bledsoe I will be more than happy just not for max money

Bledsoe is a restricted free agent which means the Suns can match any offer sheet from another team if they so desire and retain him. The Suns could also choose not to match another offer if the salary is considered excessive (or other reasons) and simply let him go to another team without compensation. Also the Suns, if they get a reasonable trade offer from another team, could do a sign and trade with compensation coming back to the Suns from the other team. The most likely scenarios is the Suns match any offer sheet for Bledsoe and keep him. The second most likely scenario, the Suns trade Bledsoe if the negotiations turn sour and do a sign and trade. I do not think the Suns will let Bledsoe walk for nothing.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must say, not an inspiring effort effort by the Suns starters except for Gerald Green.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alex, please show me something to give me a glimmer of hope.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had one really good defensive possession there, grabbed a couple of boards. Not much, but it's something. :p

All I want is a layup or a tip-in from him. At this point I would even take a jump shot. :lol:

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Archie Goodwin is worth the price of admission.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HA! I thought that 20-footer was gonna go in.

On a positive side, how about Archie tonight? He's showing us something to be excited about.

Archie Goodwin was a steal late in the draft. He is going to be so good, probably even next season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alex please go to the front of the rim on offense and something good is bound to happen sooner or later.... please.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Archieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Gets the steal and takes it the length of the court for the reverse dunk.

Then gets the follow up to tie the game on the last play of the half

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice game by Archie Goodwin. He made the game worth watching.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns finish the season at 48-34. It was a good season.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Yet the Hawks, SIX GAMES under .500, are in the playoffs.

:lame:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

Certainly was.

What is the record for most hardware for a non-playoff team? Maybe the Suns can set it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

It was better than good... Almost great, but not quite... but definitely better than good. At least for me as I was expecting the total opposite of what transpired this season.
MacDonough is awesome and I am totally onboard with him and Horny!
If Len and Plumlee are able to develop their games, their finess and their strength, and we can add a legit presence to replace Frye, this team can be very, very good for a very long time!!