Suns @ Lakers Friday game thread, October 25th, 2024

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really don’t have a keen interest to watch these guys every night. Same piss poor defense, turnover machine, and I just don’t see a real leader on this team who will put their foot up someone’s ass. Hope that would be Booker but he just seems content to be one of the guys right now. His demeanor changed once KD joined this team to me.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Pretty apparent that upgrading from Nurkic has to be the next direction they go.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
After the first quarter, it was all downhill for the Suns.
We went away from the game plan that was working. We had 19 baskets on 17 assists at one point in that span and were 12/18 from three at the half. We drifted back to one on one play and abandoned the perimeter passing game we established in the first half. Then Nurkic started turning it over and doing silly fouls in the second half. I am guessing we do make a trade for a center.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The good news is the Suns have point guards and a bench.

The bad news is they still don't play defense and turn the ball over.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns through first two games are leading the league in turnovers. LOL.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So do you agree that giving Durant a two-year extension would be a very bad idea?

Are extend and trades a thing? That's the only way it might make sense. He has another year after this one though so the idea of an extension now doesn't make sense. His play as a Sun has not warranted an extension. He does not make the Suns better and the team has regressed with him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones needs to find a buyer for Nurk tonight.
Better chance of finding an honest crook and a flying unicorn. We might find someone who will take him off our hands, don't think we'll find an actual buyer.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I think by midseason I blow up the entire thing and sell high on both Book and KD.
It’s still early and the Suns are in a new system with bunch of new players. I am not sure you can fix stupid but it’s not time to panic just yet.

Having said that? If the Suns play like this by the midpoint? Like you said blow it up. Put the fans out of their misery. Besides, if the Suns blow it up Beal will waive his no trade clause. He won’t want to be here.

You can probably get a ton of assets for those 3 guys.