Suns @ Lakers Friday game thread, October 25th, 2024

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree the best long term play is pulling the plug but Ishbia would rather live in a state Tom Gulgliotta era purgatory than to blow it up.
Sometimes wanting to win so badly blinds you to what is actually in front of you. We will all know in the coming weeks what we really have.

Reaction score
A power forward could easily slide into the Suns rotation and play some at center. Durant is a finesse 4 who plays like a small forward. In reality, small forward might be Durant's true position.
Yeah, but that wasn't my question. I am interested in getting only a starting-quality center, so whose spot in the starting lineup would the power forward take? No room. Impossible to trade Beal. Stupid to trade Booker. Durant writes his own ticket. Who would want Nurkic?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but that wasn't my question. I am interested in getting only a starting-quality center, so whose spot in the starting lineup would the power forward take? No room. Impossible to trade Beal. Stupid to trade Booker. Durant writes his own ticket. Who would want Nurkic?

Too much focus is placed on position labels. The Suns need an interior big man that can defend and keep defenses honest offensively. IMO, the most likely player to be traded is Allen unless the Suns attach draft picks. The Suns need more size, not less.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too much focus is placed on position labels. The Suns need an interior big man that can defend and keep defenses honest offensively. IMO, the most likely player to be traded is Allen unless the Suns attach draft picks. The Suns need more size, not less.
I totally agree with you on the size issue I just don't know if we can afford to trade Allen. At least not yet.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you on the size issue I just don't know if we can afford to trade Allen. At least not yet.

We will see how the team evolves. I'm not ready to panic yet, but it's obvious the interior defense is a weakness.