Suns @ Lakers : Game 3

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, here is a new thread for tonight's game. I know there are a lot of threads from prior games, so let's keep this thread focused on the prize...Game 3. :)

I am looking for another close game. How will the Suns adjust to what the Lakers have shown them in the first two games? Will the Suns be able to get out and run? Will Odom continue his solid play? How will Marion react on the road given his body language and comments after Game 2? What Sun will step up like TT did in Game 1?

Let's get it on! :)

A-Bomb

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Suns had better show a lot more energy and confidence in the first four or five minutes. Even if they fall behind, their energy will tell the story. If they come out flat again, I'm not optimistic about the series.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Hopefully Marions defensive assignment is switched. Honestly, if the Suns play 10% better than they did the last game, they win. The Lakers didn't really look good on offense, both teams were very sloppy offensively. The Lakers did an excellent job most of the game getting back on D and preventing the fast break, as well as guarding the perimeter.

The Suns need Diaw and Marion to make hard cuts to the basket A LOT more. W/ out Stat or even KT to throw the ball into down low, the Suns have been in trouble, Marion needs to go to the rim more (he did it once really well in game 2 when there were like 4 Lakers in the paint- and he drew a foul).

Diaw and TT need to do a better job on the boards so that Marion can take off down court on the fast break. Also, I'd like to see James Jones given a chance, I know he's been inconsistent, but he may be able to create some awkward match ups for the Lakers.

baltimorer

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The thing that sucks is that, I really feel like Marion should have a great game tonight. He did little in game 1 and really sucked the big one in game 2, and common logic would tell you that he's going to have a breakout game. That's what good/great players do. Hell, that's what mediocre players do. But the truth is, I've had that feeling so many times in the playoffs before with him, and he has rarely, if ever, delivered. Think of the Spurs series last year; the Spurs series in 2002-2003 (when i htink he averaged like 13 points on 36% shooting). Think of the Kings series in 2001.

It's not that he's never played well in the playoffs. I don't think it has anything to do with him being nervous on a bigger stage. I think it's really the fact that he isn't good against teams that defend him. The Mavericks didn't play very good defense on him last year in the playoffs, so he played well. But you stick Bruce Bowen on him and hold the Suns in the half-court, and he's not good. When he finally gets a good look, he rushes the shot because in the back of his mind he's gotta be thinking, "Man, a defender's coming, I gotta get this shot off quick, ya know what I mean!" and before he can get that last "man" out, he shoots the shot rushed and it misses. I feel like, if he played poorly in the last 2 games, there's no real reason to believe that he is going to step it up in the next few games. It's not that he had a bad game, but it's that Phil Jackson knows how to defend him. And so does Greg Popovich.

Although I hope I'm wrong.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Suns just need to come out with some energy and force some turnovers to get them going. They also need someone off the bench to step up.

If Sasha Vujanic is out scoring the Suns bench by himself again they are in trouble.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be tough going for the Lakers if someone like TT or Marion steps up tonight.

Lakers need to play the same game, slow it down, reduce the total number of shots, dominate in the post and play aggressive.

This is a pivotal game in the series. Both teams want it very, very badly...I think the Suns feel they need it more though to wrest back home court without giving the Lakers any more confidence.

Kobe's not going to let his team feel confident at all...he's going to have them ready.

Prepare for a battle.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Highly disappointed with the energy level of Suns in both games. If they come out with same lathargic ways, so long series, hello first round embarrasing exit...

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
T minus 1 hour....it's the finaaaaaaaaal count......down. ;)

A-Bomb

jibikao

Reaction score
Energy level is the key. We outplayed Laker in 2nd half because we were much more confident and played with a sense of urgency. Now the series is 1-1 and we are back to square one. There is no reason to slack off.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Lakers are favored by 2.5 tonight. :rolleyes: :lol:

Guys are playing tight, especially Marion, Diaw, and Barbosa. James Jones is in a Q-like slump. Brian Grant...probably shouldn't get any more time in this series.

The Suns didn't run last game, which is the thing they needed to get back to after game 1.

It's up to the Suns tonight. They should beat the Lakers if they play their game, but that's something they haven't done for seven quarters now.

S_Nash

Funky Fresh
Reaction score
TIMMAAAYYY!!!!

Lakers should be up by alot more, they've controlled this game so far.
Awful T on Boris
Marion has taken what he's been given, but they're not giving him much

GO SUNS!

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Well, Lakers are ahead, by I like that (so far) game is fast- paced. Just keep running. AND please, somebody put a body on Brown and Lamar.

jibikao

Reaction score
I like our energy level so far but our offense doesn't look good besides Tim Thomas.

jibikao

Reaction score
I guess Marion still wants to guard Lamar. It's so obvious that Marion guards his right and we send in a guy to draw charge.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
The Suns are going to lose this series.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Could the refs start the game out any worse than they did with the T on Boris (who was shoved in the back by KOBE). The flagrant was bad enough, TT calmly went over to Walton and freaking PG Smush Parker jumps into his chest and puts both arms around TT and eventually tackles him to the ground......yet the only T is on Diaw??? The only thing that made that situation worse is Parker jumping into TT chest and creating the havoc.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Will someone please inform Nash that his teammates are the ones in the purple jersies? Right now he's the Lakers MVP

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
The lakers can do whatever they want whenever they want thanks to a combined effort of the Suns horrid D and some god awful officiating

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05