Suns @ Lakers - Game Thread - Sunday April 29, 2007 - 12:30 PM

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great effort and energy by the Suns tonight. We did a great job on the boards and were the aggressive team pushing the tempo. There was a lot of bad officiating both ways, but we got the benefit of it more than the Lakers and outshot them at the ft line 31 attempts to 17. I really hope we come out with this energy in game 5 and close this series out.

Also, nice games by JR & KT. Neither played a whole lot, but they both hit some good shots while they were in and gave us a boost.

Suns didn't play great defense all game long, but they had their usual spurts that allowed them to get leads. They had 12 steals and forced 20 turnovers by the Lakers and that was the key to igniting our fast break and getting easy baskets.

Last edited:

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Hunior played well, not giving him the J yet though, as you can see he's getting closer.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Good Lord looking at Lakers boards, they think they lost because of the refs, that we are whining and flopping the entire game and that they are not good enough to overcome the officiating like they used to. They are saying Kwame Brown went straight up in the circle, that's so pathetic. Brown backed up in the circle and turned into the defender with his shoulder, such an easy call, straight up and contact just in the air? Ridiculous.

How blinded can those guys be? Kobe Bryant could have been called for 10 Ts this game and got none. Vujacic had the one and only flop in this game and it was really ridiculous. And the Lakers were involved in more scandalous officiating that won them games they absolutely shouldn't have won than any other TWO teams in the history of the league combined.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Good Lord looking at Lakers boards, they think they lost because of the refs, that we are whining and flopping the entire game and that they are not good enough to overcome the officiating like they used to. They are saying Kwame Brown went straight up in the circle, that's so pathetic. Brown backed up in the circle and turned into the defender with his shoulder, such an easy call, straight up and contact just in the air? Ridiculous.

How blinded can those guys be? Kobe Bryant could have been called for 10 Ts this game and got none. Vujacic had the one and only flop in this game and it was really ridiculous. And the Lakers were involved in more scandalous officiating that won them games they absolutely shouldn't have won than any other TWO teams in the history of the league combined.

Hey can you link that for us?

mribnik

Reaction score
The defense on Kobe in the second half was superb. I can't remember how many times he left his feet to shoot only to pass because he had 4 hands in his face. Awesome defense.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I'm not surprised. There were a lot of bad calls both ways and we outshot them at the ft line by 14 attempts. I'd say we got the benefit of the calls by being the aggressive team today.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
As we all know, the Suns need to play Game 5 as if it were Game 7 and get a breather for the next round.

As long as they don't slow the ball down, it should happen. :thumbup:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diaw doesn't suck because he doesn't have the ability. He sucks because he tends to be so passive and soft. Drives everyone nuts by passing up wide open shots and layups.

Who's Letterman's little mexican guy? He was interviewing Parker at the all-star game and he asked

"So what's it like to be French and in the NBA? In the middle of a game do you feel like just giving up?"

bigfoot

Mystery solved.
Reaction score
I wonder what Nash and Kobe were bitchin' about at the end.

Here's your answer from the postgame press conference:

REPORTER: Steve, before your exit ... (inaudible) ... you had a little conversation with Kobe Bryant and the official. What was that all about?

STEVE: Well ... boxers or briefs, and uh ... he said he's briefs although I don't believe him.

He cracks me up. :)

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
That was probably the best game we'll see from the Suns this year when Nash and Barbosa combine for 9-27 from the field.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
nash kicked kobe in the groin?

when did it happen?

what quarter? minute?

sorry, i didn't see the game because it was shown here at 3am
but i'm going to watch the replay later..

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
Those of you that do not like Marion have to admit that he had a great game today. Nash and Amare had great stats and great games, but so did Marion. It seemed like he was all over the court at times playing defense with steals and just knocking the ball down on passes etc. The announcers talked about it more than once. He helped on Bryant many times and forced him to pass the ball a lot today.

Marion had 22 (10-15) points and 11 rebounds. The box score says 2 steals, but man it seemed like he had a lot more than that.?

kobeskool

Reaction score
The Suns were a better team then us today. They played better and they came out in the third quarter on fire. We were tryin to make a run in the 3rd but the scrub Smush messed up our momentum and took a horrible 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05