Suns @ Lakers Thursday 5/4/2006 game thread -Insider - Yahoo previews

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sly fly said:
I'm not bashing the way LA has played this series. I give them tons of respect.

Kobe is such a dominating force offensively, it causes his teammates to stand and watch.

Lamar Odom is scary good when he come to play.

Kwame Brown has shown remarkable improvement. You can credit Phil and the coaching staff for that.

I love Luke's game. Although, he has trouble on D.

Sasha is a mini-Ginobili in the making.

Obviously, the series isn't over. But, I do think PHX has it's groove back.

Let's hope he refs can stay away from determining Game 7.

Is that enough respect? Snapper? :)

:thud:

I'm only a tiny bit sad it took a big win for you to say it. Would you have been as gracious if TT had missed that shot? I hope you would have (at least after awhile...we all need to stew after a loss...I'll probably call that hitman back and cancel that thing with Smush he and I talked about after I calm down.). ;)

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
The gameplan seems to be to force the ball inside to take advantage of the Suns biggest weakness. I happen to think the reason we beat the Lakers is when we run our offense efficiently and score a lot of points. If we had not run our offense tonight, the Suns would be setting up tee times whether Kobe had shot the ball fifty times or ten times.

the lakers didn't force the ball inside enough down the stretch. every play should have been either a drive to a basket or a post up move by either lamar (preferably) or kwame. the only time any of the lakers should have shot a jumper is if the suns double team the post player and he kicks the ball out to a WIDE open shooter. instead kobe took a couple of jumpers during key moments that got the lakers nothing but a trip back down to the defensive end.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I counter that his rebounding, steals, and defense helped the Suns shoot that 57%.

People are too obsessed with scoring. His game was fantastic.

jibikao

Reaction score
Suns_fan69 said:
You hit the nail right on the head. I'm almost considering keeping Bell off the bench, providing Barbs can replicate this game. The pressure he put on the defence tonight more than made up defensive shortcomings.

I was thinking about that because quite honestly, nobody can stop Kobe. Without Raja, Kobe can score easier and it puts Kobe in situation where he has to fight himself not to "take over" the game.

I would start Barbosa to keep the scoring momentum.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
:thud:

I'm only a tiny bit sad it took a big win for you to say it. Would you have been as gracious if TT had missed that shot? I hope you would have (at least after awhile...we all need to stew after a loss...I'll probably call that hitman back and cancel that thing with Smush he and I talked about after I calm down.). ;)

Go back and read my earlier posts. I've been saying this since the series started. I wasn't about to predict a sweep. I had no idea what PHX team would show up.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
sly fly said:
Just accept the fact that Marion was Marion in this game. He came up big when we needed him most. Are you really expecting him to hit the money-shot? If so, your expectations are too high.

We need Marion for the dirty work, and he delivered in the biggest game of his life.
Well put.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
bko32 said:
the lakers didn't force the ball inside enough down the stretch. every play should have been either a drive to a basket or a post up move by either lamar (preferably) or kwame. the only time any of the lakers should have shot a jumper is if the suns double team the post player and he kicks the ball out to a WIDE open shooter. instead kobe took a couple of jumpers during key moments that got the lakers nothing but a trip back down to the defensive end.

i concur.

although, to be fair, kobe was making every shot he was taking.

jibikao

Reaction score
Man, it's like 2:33am now and I can't freaking SLEEP!!!!!!!!!! agrrrr

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your doubles on Lamar, IMO, are the main reason for the win from a defensive standpoint. Those doubles are coming fast as hell, and he's not ready for them.

The Lakers are simply playing your game however. If we stop shooting with so much time in the shot clock left, we can win game 7. If we keep shooting with 17 left, we will lose. Simple as that.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here's ultimately the problem w/ shawn, that i think everyone can agree on. If he can do what he did today, and just keep his mouth shut, he'll never get killed. Because he was awesome FILLING HIS ROLE today.

But his role does not include being a dominant scorer, because he can't do that. And thus he shouldn't always whine and bitch about his status in the league.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
The goat???

You are so biased it is crazy.

20, 12, 4, 4, and zero turnovers. 45% from the field.

There is nothing goat about that. He played very good defense and flat stole several rebounds from Kwame Brown by effort alone.

OMG - Chris - I said IF TT doesn't hit that shot he's the goat - because then he finishes again with 14 points, 10 boards and heart and a loss - OT wiped all that away - period. You'll notice I wrote that post when we were losing with seconds left in OT and at that point Mario HADN'T gotten that huge board, nor played big in OT - he did and I thank God that he did - now let's ee a FULL GAME FROM HIM SATTY AND PUT IT AWAY!!!!

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
For the last time, I think Marion had a good game. But those blown layups were really painful. The euphoria of this win doesn't erase that. He needs to convert those.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
although he missed too many layups

You mean 3. According to the official play by play he missed 2 layups and a dunk. Kwame blocked one shot.

He had 8 missed jumpers. Yep that is 9-20.

Nash, he missed 2 layups.

But because it's Marion it's the huge thing.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marion did play a full game. You just can't see it through the hate.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I believe the guy getting teabagged is Kobe. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
You mean 3. According to the official play by play he missed 2 layups and a dunk. Kwame blocked one shot.

He had 8 missed jumpers. Yep that is 9-20.

Nash, he missed 2 layups.

But because it's Marion it's the huge thing.

I thinbk it's a huge thing because Marion ******* and complains so much - at least that's what it is with me.

Bottom line - at the end of the game, the man was HUGE - gotta give him major props for that but ******* if I don't want to see a FULL GAME from him in Game 7 - he gives us a GREAT Marion game and we wipe the floor with these punks!!!!!!!!

Bring it Marion! Shut all of us up! I want... NEED... YOU TO DO IT! I CAN'T LIVE IN LA IF WE LOSE GAME 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has been one of the sickest series I can ever remember.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
Marion did play a full game. You just can't see it through the hate.

"the hate" - you make me laugh Sanders!

Bring on GAME 7 - THE GREATEST THING IN ALL OF SPORTS!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate is your word not mine. I don't hate any Suns player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
Hate is your word not mine. I don't hate any Suns player.

I think Chris needs a hug. Come here big fella! One more game! BEAT LA!!!!!!

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
i concur.

although, to be fair, kobe was making every shot he was taking.

he was making a good portion of them, but the ones he missed were huge. not simply because he missed them, but because it was a bad shot. there were quite a few times this game where kobe MADE a jumper and i was pissed off. why? because the shot didn't get other players involved, it didn't put any pressure on the suns defense, and it gave kobe more confidence to shoot even more jumpers. the lakers have not, and probably will not win if kobe takes a bunch of jumpshots.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow - I did say HATE - man, my passions run the gamut during these games.

I lvoe and hate Shawn Marion - don't know any other way to put it - hated him with 10 seconds left and loved him for the last 5:07 - make me love you more on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously - just a sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick, sick win.

Saturday is going to be... you guessed... SICK!

Oh and just for Eric...

DB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KTAR post game they are saying Marion plays Kobe better than Raja. Kobe can't post up Marion like he can Raja and Marion's length forces Kobe to take bad shots. Of course Kobe still hits some bad shots, but the important thing is that he WILL miss some of them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan