Suns @ Lakers Thursday 5/4/2006 game thread -Insider - Yahoo previews

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
jibikao said:
I'll be nice this time and be reasonable with you.

I was ROOTING for the refs to suspend Raja. I didn't want Raja to be the sparkling in game 6. If Raja plays, he will only light up the whole team. I didn't watch the game (and I don't intend to) but it was a good decision afterall.

Kobe attepted 35 shots unlike his usual 20ish in all previous games. I knew the moment Raja is gone, Kobe will want to take over and that's when Laker strays away from their gameplan. When Kobe scores big, we lose because that means other players aren't involved enough.

Game 7 will be too intense for me.
Ik Kobe was taking 35 shots amd was only making 15, you'd have a point. Bryant was spectacular tonight except he and the Lakers were sloppy with the ball and only played defense in the fourth quarter. The Suns stole this game much like the Lakers stole Game 4. I have a feeling it's going to be another nail-biter on Saturday.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Since you didn't watch, I'll let you know that's not how it went down. In fact, you almost died at his hand until TT nailed a huge shot after two OR.
Whatever...

Suns won.

jibikao

Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Ik Kobe was taking 35 shots amd was only making 15, you'd have a point. Bryant was spectacular tonight except he and the Lakers were sloppy with the ball and only played defense in the fourth quarter. The Suns stole this game much like the Lakers stole Game 4. I have a feeling it's going to be another nail-biter on Saturday.

It doesn't matter because the shots Kobe took, Lamar/Brown/Walton could easily make at a higher %. That's how weak our inside is. I am not sure about Walton but for the games I watched, he was great. He was making shots here and there and caused big trouble on Barbosa. That's what I am talking about. When Kobe decides to take over the game, that's when we make our push. For each game he scores huge (over 30 at least), Laker loses. Kobe was averging 20-25 before today wasn't he?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
LOL

How come this response isn't very surprising?

Is it not true?

Just sayin...you guys even the series up and go to a 7th game at your place and NOW the big talk starts again? This from the guys calling for sweeps and 5 games max a couple weeks ago?

I'm just suprised anyone is wanting to talk big after how close this series has gone. I say I'm afraid to watch and dude replies "I wouldn't watch it either if I were you." Nice talk if you're up 3-0, but this is a game 7 which means both teams are taken to the brink.

It's been an amazing series, and far better than most of you thought it would be. This game may have won it for the Suns, but it isn't over by far. You were a good shot from being bounced, and now feel comfortable talking big?

Great...good showing.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Say what you will, once this became a 3-1 series, with the suns losing a devastating game 4, all the pressure went on the lakers to win this series (you can see this in how loose barbs/boris are playing). When 97% of teams in the lakers position win the series, the pressure is on them.

Oh, gotta love mary jane jackson flat out stating the refs evened the game out because raja was out. Do we need to bring out the game 4 picture... again.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Is it not true?

Just sayin...you guys even the series up and go to a 7th game at your place and NOW the big talk starts again? This from the guys calling for sweeps and 5 games max a couple weeks ago?

I'm just suprised anyone is wanting to talk big after how close this series has gone. I say I'm afraid to watch and dude replies "I wouldn't watch it either if I were you." Nice talk if you're up 3-0, but this is a game 7 which means both teams are taken to the brink.

It's been an amazing series, and far better than most of you thought it would be. This game may have won it for the Suns, but it isn't over by far. You were a good shot from being bounced, and now feel comfortable talking big?

Great...good showing.
Whatever...

We should have won the series today.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Is it not true?

Great...good showing.

Listen, Snapper...

You're coming into enemy territory. What the hell do you expect?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
jibikao said:
It doesn't matter because the shots Kobe took, Lamar/Brown/Walton could easily make at a higher %. That's how weak our inside is. I am not sure about Walton but for the games I watched, he was great. He was making shots here and there and caused big trouble on Barbosa. That's what I am talking about. When Kobe decides to take over the game, that's when we make our push. For each game he scores huge (over 30 at least), Laker loses. Kobe was averging 20-25 before today wasn't he?
Luke was awful tonight and Kwame Brown was Kwame Brown. Odom played a good game but Smush Parker is again showing why he was a 10 day contract journeyman. I understand what you're saying when Kobe just goes off on his one man shows and that's when the Suns win by 25 like they did in the regular season, but I felt the overwhelming majority of his shots tonight were within the game. Marion couldn't guard him to save his life with the notable exception of the final shot of regulation.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Is it not true?

Great...good showing.

yatta yatta blah blah suns were a foot out of bounds from closing the series out tonight.

Smushy better show up saturday cuase Kobe ain't gett'n fiddy saturday....raja's back!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Is it not true?

Great...good showing.

Dude this was an elimination game IN LA, against a guy who was on fire in Kobe. You shouldn't deny us a little bit of celebration and use a haughty superiority complex to demean the fans.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Why the hell was Smush in the ballgame?

Thank you, Phil. That was brilliant.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

He was spectacular but whenever he scores over 30 points, they lose. He forces up alot of shots that lead to Suns fastbreaks. He also then promptly turns the ball over when he is forcing it. But evidently according to DDogg him having 7 TOs didn't hurt them, which is an interesting theory.

He played like he did during the regular season and they lost again.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sly fly said:
Listen, Snapper...

You're coming into enemy territory. What the hell do you expect?

Intelligence. Knowledge. Respect. About the same as I try to give you in return.

Snapper.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Luke was awful tonight and Kwame Brown was Kwame Brown. Odom played a good game but Smush Parker is again showing why he was a 10 day contract journeyman. I understand what you're saying when Kobe just goes off on his one man shows and that's when the Suns win by 25 like they did in the regular season, but I felt the overwhelming majority of his shots tonight were within the game. Marion couldn't guard him to save his life with the notable exception of the final shot of regulation.

He did about as well as you can on the guy when he's shooting the way he is. He made quite a few prayers

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Dude this was an elimination game IN LA, against a guy who was on fire in Kobe. You shouldn't deny us a little bit of celebration and use a haughty superiority complex to demean the fans.

Deny you it? Hell, I'm giving you food for it!! :)

(I post whether we win or lose).

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
After watching a helluva lot of Kobe this year, I'm convinced he's a better offensive player than Michael Jordan.

However, the other parts of his game are nowhere close to Jordan's. At least, not yet.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
He was spectacular but whenever he scores over 30 points, they lose. He forces up alot of shots that lead to Suns fastbreaks. He also then promptly turns the ball over when he is forcing it. But evidently according to DDogg him having 7 TOs didn't hurt them, which is an interesting theory.

He played like he did during the regular season and they lost again.
That's a simplistic way of looking at it. During the regular season, Kobe took bad shots (most likely to settle some score with Raja) and the Suns took advantage of it. I thought for the most part Kobe took good shots tonight and not surprisingly, he made 57% of them.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

majority of the shots kobe took were good shots. but there were at least 3-4 shots that he took when the lakers could have tied the game or taken the lead that were bad shots, imo. he had TT isolated on the baseline on one play and instead of taking it to the basket on TT who had 4 or 5 fouls at the time, he pulls up and takes a jumper. he did the same thing against marion at the top of the key on another play. just because the jumper is there, doesn't mean he should take it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kwame played great, Lamar did as well. Luke did ok in the first half, then disappeared. Smush NEVER showed up...terrible game for him.

TOs were the biggest problem, yes...but did Kobe get those TOs shooting the ball, or facilitating? Again, Kobe's shooting tonight came late, got us back in the game and then damn near won the thing. We went cat in the OT after TT came back from the dead and we refused to rebound in the last 30 seconds of regulation.

Just disgusting game. Again, these Lakers are too young, dumb and inexperienced to win such a winnable game. Idiots.

I expect a complete war on Saturday (it is Saturday, right?)

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Barbosa Has Arrived

The only way the Suns could win was that someone had to step up. Leandro played the finest game of his career under impossible conditions. Everyone played tough, but someone had to elevate his game to a new level.

7 of 9 shooting, 2 of 4 for three, 6 of 7 free throws and 2 assists. He is forced to play Kobe and was at least partly responsible for 15 misses by Bryant. Bryant was hitting shots that were unstoppable, but Leandro made him work which is all anybody could do.

Another guy who came up huge was of course Tim Thomas who hit the three that tied the game and put it into overtime. We expect Nash, Marion, and lately Diaw to be key players - but they needed help from the bench and Leandro and TT came through.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
lol.

Nash said were up 4-2 in this series, and then said oops, did i say that out loud?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan