Suns @ Mavs 5/24/2006 game thread - ESPN scouting report

meth

Rookie
Reaction score
Check out nba.com playoff bracket. They think Mavs won that ballgame. :)

btw new intro on suns.com is just killing me

Last edited:

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
I just wanted to point out that Marion was limping throughout the second half. Major credit to him for his play--he was every bit as key to the Suns' win as Nash and Diaw were.

Other than that, I think what I was going to say has already been covered. :)

nowagimp

Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
Avery Johnson is upset because his vaunted defense was shredded for 120 points on 54% shooting. He changes up his defense to take away the three point shot and Boris Diaw has a career. He throws four guys against Nash and all he does is score 27 on 11 of 18 including two killer threes in the closing run.

The birzzre part is that the Suns did not really play well offensively. Barbosa was off target and Tim Thomas was not much help after a huge first quarter. Bell scored only 8 points. Boris did not find his shot until the second half.

Avery thinks the problem is that his guys aren't doing their job. What he is not accepting is that the Suns really can score like that against almost any opponent.

Imagine what Avery will say to Cuban. I think that Avery better act as if its a simple solution, just got to play better D. If he even thinks that the mavs cant stop the suns, Cuban will roast him alive.

nowagimp

Reaction score
elindholm said:
Those of us saying that Diaw was key were right. But I didn't expect anything like this! When he is focused and in rhythm, he's a devastating weapon. What a great time for him to score his career high.

Now, just think, what if the Suns actually get some rebounds in Game 2?

The Suns were held to 5-15 from behind the arc, but shot 60% from two-point range (42-70). LOL.

The series is a long way from over, but it sure is nicer to be up 1-0 than down 0-1.

I love DIaw, but the Mavs plan was to make Diaw and Nash make plays, cut off the 3pt shots, force the penetrators to score in the lane area. Its essentially the spurs plan that Amare ran wild on last year. They did a good job of contesting the 3's, until they left Nash open at the end of the game. Raja was well convered all game at the 3pt line, TT was also tightly covered at the 3pt line after draining his first 2 3's in the opening minutes. Well, it appears it was very costly for the mavs, as Diaw and Nash scored 61pts on 59% shooting. The look on Cubans face as Boris drained the winning shot ... priceless!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05