Suns @ Mavs - Game thread - Scouting report: Suns vs. Mavs Game 2

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Howard sure looks hurt...
icon6.gif
Maybe it'll stiffen up over the half, his ankle I mean...
icon10.gif
. What a pansy, if he's fine today he should've come back in the second half of game one. On another note, did you guys see Raja leap off the bench and hop up and down after the 2nd TT 3 pointer? If he's jumping around on the sideline today I expect to see him in at least limited action Sunday.

JWF

Veteran
Reaction score
az1965 said:
Points in the paint 34-28 Suns!

Someone has to slow down Josh Howard. He is the only thing keeping dallas in this game.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Why is Nash attempting any shots?

He had Nowitzki on him few times but passed the ball instead of taking it to the basket to try to get fouls. He did that last game few times.

JWF

Veteran
Reaction score
az1965 said:
Sub par game from Nash. Only 5-9 FG!

He should have been more aggressive.

Considering we got the split, and nash and diaw didnt do much in this game, I think we have to feel good knowing we had a chance to win.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
JWF said:
Considering we got the split, and nash and diaw didnt do much in this game, I think we have to feel good knowing we had a chance to win.
Diaw had 25, 10, & 6. Did you mean Barbosa?

JWF

Veteran
Reaction score
az1965 said:
Diaw had 25, 10, & 6. Did you mean Barbosa?

Well he got in foul trouble early and hardly did much late in the game other than missing open jumpers.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
Nash purposely conserving energy for the trip home?:confused:

I'm not sure why else he wouldn't try to work for his shot.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
It's not as if Dallas was playing great D. This game was just there for the taking had Nash shown a little bit more aggressiveness like the first game. That's why this loss is tough to take even though we came out 1-1.

Dallas' D is seriously overrated. We just were not hitting open jumpers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this game falls solely on one person's shoulders... not House... not the refs... not Nash... but on Barbosa - he's been DISGUSTING so far in this series - he's gonna HAVE to show uyp in Game 3 if we have a chance.

My call - if we win Game 3 - we win the series in 7, if we lose, we're looking at a 4-1 loss, just my gut. It all rides on Game 3 and without Raja - that means it ALL rides on Barbosa.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
this game falls solely on one person's shoulders... not House... not the refs... not Nash... but on Barbosa - he's been DISGUSTING so far in this series - he's gonna HAVE to show uyp in Game 3 if we have a chance.
Barbosa has just been awful both these games, but there is no excuse for Nash to be 5-9 FG only. Its not that his shots were not going in. I don't remember Nash driving for any layups at all.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az1965 said:
Barbosa has just been awful both these games, but there is no excuse for Nash to be 5-9 FG only. Its not that his shots were not going in. I don't remember Nash driving for any layups at all.

they filled the lane better tonight and when he was dishing to wide open guys, we missed threes and turned it over in the 4th.

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
Oh well. Typical Game 2 effort from the Suns. I just hope we can finish the Mavericks off in 5 or 6. I can't take another 7 game series.

Nashfan

Rookie
Reaction score
They won this game at the freethrow line. I agree about Barbosa sucking, he has to play much better than that for us to win. I am amazed that Nash did not play more agressive in the second half. They were trapping him some though. Still was a winnable game for us. Still think we can win this series.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
We HAVE to win next two at home to keep the home court we just stole. It's not that we can't win on the road, it is just tougher.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Damn, the sky is falling, ain't it? We are short handed and we almost beat a healthy Mavs team in their own building. The media will disagree, but I still believe with the next two games in our house, we have the advantage. Nash will have a huge game in Phoenix.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
We really could have put Dallas on their heels had we pulled off another late rally. But, we got the home court now. Let's burn the nets!

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

My call - if we win Game 3 - we win the series in 7, if we lose, we're looking at a 4-1 loss, just my gut. It all rides on Game 3 and without Raja - that means it ALL rides on Barbosa.

Really, if we lose game 3, i can't see us losing game 4. Dallas will relax a little getting home court back, and the suns will go balls to the wall knowing their season is on the line.

jibikao

Reaction score
I watched some parts of the game.

I think everyone looks tired, especially Marion. I don't know how many layups and easy finger rolls he has missed. He also didn't box out Dirk enough in the 4th to let them catch on fire. He did have good rebounds in late 4th but it was a bit too late.

We had the chance to tie the game. Mavs' defense couldn't stop anything. TT had great shots but just didn't go in.

Nash looked like he was either trying to save energy or just be happy with 1-1. Honestly, I am just glad we didn't get blown out. lol The game had NO ENERGY. I don't know how to explain it but there was not enough "urge" to win this game, unlike game 1.

Barbosa was struggling with his shots all night. House had some good moments and I actually like James Jones' defense intensity.

Overall, we can easily win at home if we play a bit better. Nash did not choose to score and it's unfortunate but he could be hurting. He had a jumpshot in 2nd quarter and that was way off. He did hit 2/2 3pt. Mavs chose not to let Nash take 3pt at all in late 4th so TT had the chance.

Diaw looked tired and he even requested to rest (but couldn't rest long of course). He still had a good game. Mavs can't guard him.

No big surprise really. If we steal 2 at Mavs' home court, that will be a REAL joke.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Come on now. This game was ours for the taking until about 2 minutes remaining.

No energy--that was Game 6 against the Clippers, not this game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05