Sun's New GM

VinceBlack

Reaction score
I know this might be a stretch and doesn't make much sense, but I was flying out of Phoenix on Thursday afternoon and saw Danny Ainge just getting into Phoenix. Could the Suns be interviewing him for the new GM position? I know he has done a questionable job at best in Boston.

I thought this was interesting. Why else could he be here?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
VinceBlack said:
I know this might be a stretch and doesn't make much sense, but I was flying out of Phoenix on Thursday afternoon and saw Danny Ainge just getting into Phoenix. Could the Suns be interviewing him for the new GM position? I know he has done a questionable job at best in Boston.

I thought this was interesting. Why else could he be here?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thud:

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
He hasn't lit the world on fire in Boston, but I thought as a coach and player he was good. Do you remember "small-ball" - he won with the weapons he had at the time. As long as he takes serious input from Coach D - I wouldn't be opposed to him as GM

Let's put it this way - HE IS 100% better than Steve Kerr!

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
TucsonDevil said:
He hasn't lit the world on fire in Boston, but I thought as a coach and player he was good. Do you remember "small-ball" - he won with the weapons he had at the time. As long as he takes serious input from Coach D - I wouldn't be opposed to him as GM

Seriously, let's go to the boston boards and ask them they would be able to provide the best indication of his performance, upsides and downsides.

I really like the idea Foamy had of putting guys who know the team in the GM role (Griff snd Coach D etc for player personel desicons...) What they really need is a strong cap guy to come in here so we don't over spend Sarver's jack and get us in trouble.

mribnik

Reaction score
TucsonDevil said:

Ha, smallball was probably even smaller than our starting lineup now. He used to put out 3 point guards on the floor, a shooting guard and a forward.

Wally

Registered
Reaction score
TucsonDevil said:

Sorry for shouting, but :biglaugh: YOUV'E GOT TO BE KIDING!!!!!!

The only difference between Ainge & Kerr is that Ainge has proven he is terrible.