2024 NBA Draft talk: Suns own pick 22

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I wish the Suns would trade Durant now if they received a realistic offer, but I doubt the Suns front office is willing to admit they made a mistake.

If they can't put it together by the trade deadline, hopefully they will reconsider. One can only hope they have some things cooking on the back burner and can nail the draft.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Personally, I wish the Suns would trade Durant now if they received a realistic offer, but I doubt the Suns front office is willing to admit they made a mistake.

If they can't put it together by the trade deadline, hopefully they will reconsider. One can only hope they have some things cooking on the back burner and can nail the draft.
Mat Ishbia doesn't seem like the type to give up on his vision that quickly. Settle in for the rest of Durant's contract. Let's just hope that they have a plan on how to greatly improve on what we saw last year. I hope Bud is a miracle worker.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mat Ishbia doesn't seem like the type to give up on his vision that quickly. Settle in for the rest of Durant's contract. Let's just hope that they have a plan on how to greatly improve on what we saw last year. I hope Bud is a miracle worker.

Yeah, let's hope Bud is a miracle worker. The Suns definitely need more than their big three. I've seen enough of Durant to know he can't carry the team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope to see the Suns active pursuing UDFAs after the draft, like many other NBA teams.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like these players in this draft.

Kolek--would love this pick.
Edey--I doubt he slips but I would take him if he does.
Dunn--I like the defense, I am afraid of the shooting.
Mogbo--for me, he might be the sleeper of the draft. He does a lot of things well and moves on the court like a pro. He is a fantastic passer. Honestly, he reminds me a little of Kawhi.
KJ Simpson--like his stats and his frame for a second round pg pick.
Shead--he is interesting, although his three-point shooting would be a problem.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So the draft will be on ABC and ESPN, but they will be different broadcasts with the ABC coverage being more aimed at normies I imagine. They do the same thing with the NFL draft.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Edible tipsy candy cubes 2 of em lets get bakeddd for the nba draft rollercoaster :)

I hope suns keep kd but if trade hope good value picks player and knock on wood good pick if its bronny so be it

Gooo suns

Been bit busy why not postin much :)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is Houston using Smith, to create conflict with the Suns and force a trade.
I just happen to be in Houston for a conference and on the sports this evening they were basically laughing at the Suns saying they were either going to get Durant or have a great future draft pick because the Suns will be bad.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no comparison for Dunn. Maybe like a mini MPJ. Dunn seems to rebound good, has a little push shot with a soft touch, and good athleticism. His mechanics don’t look bad so maybe there’s hope for an outside shot.

Those saying we have JO already, this guy is much taller and can guard wings and forwards. JO also hasn’t improved his shooting numbers too in 6 seasons.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Tankathon has Zack Edey falling past us. Watching the tape of him. He is slow, but seems to have good hands and a really nice drop step and hook shot. He blocks shots just because of his size. He will not defend out to the three point line but he does set some pretty amazing picks. He is also a good and willing passer. He has a body that is proportionate to his size and seems sturdy, rather than the twig like guys you normally see at his height. If he drops to us, I don’t think I would pass on him. He is almost an automatic two points when you need offense.
I think he ended up in the right spot in the draft. I never thought he would be available to us. I was really pulling for Mezzi. True to our history of coming up short, he was drafted one spot before our pick. :(

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm coming out of posting retirement to say this:

If there is any deal that sends Durant to the Rockets in exchange for a minimally palatable return, the Suns have to make it. Period. The Suns franchise has a life-threatening systemic infection, and the only way to survive is to get rid of it any way you can, and sort out the rest of the healing process later.
Not sure why you're retired from posting, but your insight is missed around here throughout the board.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure why you're retired from posting, but your insight is missed around here throughout the board.
Probably for the same reason as me. Durant. He just sucked the positive energy out of this team. Vogel did too. I could see it was a failure from the beginning and I just do not have the time or will to watch something so depressing.