Suns players and Team USA Basketball in the Olympics

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the beginning he did. Out of rhythm.

Looked much better later in the game
He’s obviously focused on D for the most part. Think it was D wade tweeted or stated D Book is great defender, we know he can if he wants to be. Vogel ran a shot show while he was here, so excited to see a coach who is gonna demand guys play D and actually has a game plan that is more than just relying on your stars to out score everyone.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the beginning he did. Out of rhythm.

Looked much better later in the game
That's not what I saw. I saw a team player that sacrificed his numbers for his team and dug in defensively from start to finish. If you were looking for him to take over and try to be a superstar then I guess I could understand how you might think that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's not what I saw. I saw a team player that sacrificed his numbers for his team and dug in defensively from start to finish. If you were looking for him to take over and try to be a superstar then I guess I could understand how you might think that.

Booker plays excellent for Team USA. He'll take shots when needed but won't force anything. I hope he carries some of that into next season. Let him go off if the D starts playing off a little and in the 4th when necessary.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the box score for Team USA vs South Sudan.

Both Devin Booker and Kevin Durant were in double figure scoring. Devin also had 6 assists.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Book and KD have looked like the best 2 players on the team IMO over the last 2 games.

I hope they shoot the 3 like they are shooting it lately for the Suns.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Book and KD have looked like the best 2 players on the team IMO over the last 2 games.

I hope they shoot the 3 like they are shooting it lately for the Suns.

Team basketball will do that for you. Hopefully, the Suns have filled their roster with team players.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Book has the only positive +/- among the starters, beside leading with 6 assists. He's been playing really excellent D. If he could do it consistently on the Suns, while he was the weakest link on D last season, this alone would make the team a lot better overall.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker does it on defense, then finishes it on offense.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker says Phoenix is well represented in the Olympics.

"We got Phoenix all over. We have three on the women's team also so we're well represented. It's a basketball town and we want to put the city on the map. No better way than winning gold."

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Team USA needs to beat Puerto Rico by five points tomorrow to secure the top seed of the elimination round.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat