Suns @ Sacramento game thread

AmareFan

4DASUNS
Reaction score
I am never going to be able to sleep tonight...my adrenaline is sky high and I have lost my voice because of the horrible officiating tonight...the refs deserve a fine!

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Man the f up. This was looking like it was going 30 the other way. If we can win on national tv against dallas, and the cavs can't get to 50 wins (they have detroit tommorrow), nash should be looking good for mvp.

AmareFan

4DASUNS
Reaction score
Great Win, great win.....put some thoughts into the Kings heads....suns win and Lakers up by 20 right now...may get a Suns/Lakers matchup..oh boy!

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
AmareFan said:
I am never going to be able to sleep tonight...my adrenaline is sky high and I have lost my voice because of the horrible officiating tonight...the refs deserve a fine!
:rockon:

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
Finally, it's the Suns that come back from a double-digit deficit and win big. It seems like forever and a day since one of those.

OP
OP
S

sunsfn

Reaction score
Raja Bell had a great game, 25 points and played tough mean basketball!!.........Tim Thomas played great, and Brian Grant even looked decent. The big guys did not let them make a lot of layups. Thomas fouled on purpose about 3 times and others did the same. Grant looked a little slow but played a decent amount of minutes in a rough game. Barbosa had another good game, Marion had a typical quiet 23 point game.!
The suns were not getting any calls in the first half because they played D....! poor basketball. They got aggresive in the 2nd half and got the calls.

Down 17 at the half and win by 13.......... ! WOW!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
wow...ummmm what happened.

i see were getting blown out, so i decide to do my homework (its not like i could have watched the game anyway) and i now see we won by 13

mribnik

Reaction score
Only the Suns can be -26 in free throws attempted, give up 54% shooting, and still win in double-digits.

keric

Reaction score
great comeback

Great comeback against the Kings and the refs!

Huge win not only for the confidence factor but more importantly combined with the Lakers win, the Kings are now the 8th seed.

Anyone who saw the first half should know that we do not want the Kings in the first round. (Give them to the Spurs) (Manu vs Artest) :D

*Anyone else think there was something "SAID" at halftime in the Suns' locker room?????

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Wow, sounds like a missed a good one! Too bad I had to work until 11:00 tonight.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt=AoM0q6rKJBKU456H2tmRHMG8vLYF?gid=2006041123

Mike D'Antoni sometimes seemed determined to scream the Phoenix Suns out of their month-long slumber. The coach berated the officials with long tirades, and he ripped into his players at halftime.
Bell and D'Antoni had the harshest words at halftime, when Phoenix trailed 68-51 to the free-flowing Kings. Bell and Marion then led the Suns to an 84-all tie after three quarters, and they pulled away in the fourth in typical Phoenix fashion.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Impressive!

The Suns showed a lot of heart in the second half.

Eddie Johnson called it. The Suns got the lead down to single digits and the Kings tightened up.

The Suns erased the 10 point lead with Nash on the bench. :thumbup:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is the first game in a long time that has meant anything at all to the team.

With Sac losing and the Lakers winning, the Lakers move ahead of Sacramento into the 7th seed in the playoffs.

We cannot change our seeding or our homecourt advantages from here on out. But with this game, we had the opportunity to choose the opponent we want to face in round 1.

This was a huge game for Sacramento. They REALLY do not want to face San Antonio in round 1.

keric

Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
Bell and D'Antoni had the harshest words at halftime, when Phoenix trailed 68-51 to the free-flowing Kings. Bell and Marion then led the Suns to an 84-all tie after three quarters, and they pulled away in the fourth in typical Phoenix fashion.

Looks like my guess was right. It was almost as if a different team came out for the second half. Nice to see Raja take some leadership (even better to see him carry the team during that one stretch in the 3rd quarter.)

Some other observations:
-I believe this was the first time I saw Brian Grant block a shot all season. This was by far his best game as a Sun. Scored a little, rebounded and played "decent" defense but more importantly he looked much more mobile than in previous games. :)

-Tim Thomas had a fairly good game. Not judging him by his offense production but rather his team defense and rebounding. Looks like someone has been in his ear about this.

-Impressive to see the team comeback, for the most part without Nash. Who I believe is far from the Nash we saw in the Mavs and Spurs playoffs last year.

-Anyone else notice that Barbosa always attempts to finish his drives with "the bank of the backboard"? :shrug: He needs to develop a "non bank" finish ala Boris Diaw and Marion. Barbosa finishes are one dimensional. Most of his misses are too hard and brick off the board. Tired of seeing it every other game.

jibikao

Reaction score
Wow. Impressive.

I went to the bed last night earlier 'cause I didn't want to find out the bad loss. Nice. Very nice.

The boxscore looks so unfair. Kings attempted 43 FT and made 53% of the shot. How in the hell did we win by 13pt?? lol Artest missed tons of FT.

PS: Nash only played 29mins. Was he in early foul trouble or coach D wanted him to play less mins? Either way, good decision.

Congrats on Tim Thomas' offense tonight. We really needed that from him.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Wow. Impressive.

I went to the bed last night earlier 'cause I didn't want to find out the bad loss. Nice. Very nice.

The boxscore looks so unfair. Kings attempted 43 FT and made 53% of the shot. How in the hell did we win by 13pt?? lol Artest missed tons of FT.

PS: Nash only played 29mins. Was he in early foul trouble or coach D wanted him to play less mins? Either way, good decision.

Congrats on Tim Thomas' offense tonight. We really needed that from him.

The reserves caught fire and D'Antoni wisely road them until clutch time. The reason the Kings had so many FT attempts is because we fouled them on every trip down the court in the first half.

Of course, Nash could make a strong case that the same happened to him, but this has been a season long problem. He drives and people can't guard him so they slap and yank his arms.

jibikao

Reaction score
Chris_Sanders said:
The reserves caught fire and D'Antoni wisely road them until clutch time. The reason the Kings had so many FT attempts is because we fouled them on every trip down the court in the first half.

Of course, Nash could make a strong case that the same happened to him, but this has been a season long problem. He drives and people can't guard him so they slap and yank his arms.

This team almost has no reserves. Everybody is so important to the team. We don't have Amare dominanting on the offense end so everybody has to contribute.

Great job!

PS: Lakers won last night!! Yahoo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser