Suns sign center, Mason Plumlee to a one year deal

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After thinking beyond the fact that he's seems to play okay against us... the more I think about this signing, the less I like it.

He is a vet, he will want minutes, he's never been an above average player... he's now 34.

Seriously... while he isn't terrible, what does do well?

I'd rather give minutes to the rookie or Bol or some other young hungry player than an old, vet who's teams have consistently been better when he's off the floor.

Maybe we are planning on running a lot more screens (something we were bottom 5 at last year)... he can set a screen.

But, I suppose if you only can offer min contracts, you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After thinking beyond the fact that he's seems to play okay against us... the more I think about this signing, the less I like it.

He is a vet, he will want minutes, he's never been an above average player... he's now 34.

I'd rather give minutes to the rookie or Bol or some other young hungry player than an old, vet who's teams have consistently been better when he's off the floor.

Maybe we are planning on running a lot more screens (something we were bottom 5 at last year)... he can set a screen.

Backups play about 15 minutes a game depending on matchups. Sometimes more, sometimes less. This is right where he was last season with the Clippers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

There is a relative dearth of good centers in the NBA. Plumlee is a rotational piece and that's it. He's better than Eubanks.
Eh I think that going with the young guys can be an even worse move. Bol looked pretty solid but he isn't exactly a proven NBA player.

The Suns unfortunately are stuck try to hit on the bargains.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can have too many players—especially vets.

They should only sign one point guard. Choose wisely.