Suns sign Tyus Jones

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are the one that made the stupid argument and tried to justify that logic by trying to say something that nobody said….again. You don’t get to change the meaning of words just because you made such a stupid logic leap.

Nobody asked you to respond. Nobody asked you to misinterpret what was said. Nobody asked you to change the meaning of the words YOU HIGHLIGHTED. Yet somehow I started it with you?

ROFLMAO.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Here it is again, your exact words.

Again...you are not likely going to get anything close to those numbers out of any asset we gave up.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whatever helps you sleep at night. Here it is again, your exact words.
Yes I did. Just like the words you highlighted and I had to define for you because you didn’t know what they meant.

Not getting in this clown car with you again. Have a good night.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes I did. Just like the words you highlighted and I had to define for you because you didn’t know what they meant.

Not getting in this clown car with you again. Have a good night.

Let's redefine words now because some people can't stand by what they said when they're shown how ridiculous of a comment it is.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's redefine words now because some people can't stand by what they said when they're shown how ridiculous of a comment it is.
I am sure Websters thanks you for your late night submission.

Out of; something from or from among.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well he’s a 41% 3P shooter in the playoffs so that’s a lot better than the journeyman scrubs we’ve been throwing out there along side KD/Book. Plus we never had a PF so he was always playing out of position. That Denver series would’ve been a little more interesting with Cam instead of TJ Warren, Terrence Ross, Torrey Craig and Josh Okogie who went a combined 8-42 from 3.
If he played. No guarantee from a guy who plays only 61% of games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I agree with that, and I agree that if you view Bridges as the centerpiece of the Durant deal, it was a reasonable gamble for the Suns to take. Where we disagree is on the value of the picks. Even if it's true that a mid lottery pick isn't all that likely to pan out, it has great trade value. The trade value (not necessarily court value) of what the Suns gave up vastly exceeds what they got back.
That’s fair-ish and a reasonable take.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Waiving Little will save the Suns over $40M in tax penalties across the next two seasons.

Huge saving…
Our bench IS deeper than last season, and he barely played last season. Why keep a guy who arguably may not play at all? Regardless of the money savings. We could use wing or center in that spot. Obviously since we cannot aggregate salaries in a trade now, hanging onto him for trade reasons is not helpful either.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am excited that Morris and Jones address one of our biggest weaknesses last season, turn overs! A lot of games you could just look at that stat in the box score and know if the Suns won or lost the game. This is finally using logic to fill team needs. We went out and arguably got the two best available PGs at not turning the ball over on the market.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am excited that Morris and Jones address one of our biggest weaknesses last season, turn overs! A lot of games you could just look at that stat in the box score and know if the Suns won or lost the game. This is finally using logic to fill team needs. We went out and arguably got the two best available PGs at not turning the ball over on the market.
If we can execute in the 4th quarter that is going to make a huge difference.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw @Joe Mama on the PHX Suns podcast by text challenging the hype Flex from NJ on the Tyus signing. Great job @Joe Mama! :thumbup:

My concern is that the Wizards haven't been a good team for awhile now, and we have THREE of their guards now. Do we pump the breaks on that just a little?

We need a big wing. But so far the Suns making more moves than I thought they could do.
Thanks Yuma , but that wasn't this Joe Mama. I believe this was a really good move and more that I thought they would be able to do. There's little that would surprise me in the Western Conference this year, but if I had to bet I believe will be fighting for 1 of the last 3-4 playoff spots.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Thanks Yuma , but that wasn't this Joe Mama. I believe this was a really good move and more that I thought they would be able to do. There's little that would surprise me in the Western Conference this year, but if I had to bet I believe will be fighting for 1 of the last 3-4 playoff spots.
If we play like last year yes. If Bud has us pushing the ball, and using the PG more in the offense, this could be a whole different team. There's just so much unknown. I am waiting to see what happens in preseason games. The few times this team looked good last season was when we pushed the ball. If Bud really leans into that, we could be in the top 4 spots. The west is so tight, anything can happen.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we play like last year yes. If Bud has us pushing the ball, and using the PG more in the offense, this could be a whole different team. There's just so much unknown. I am waiting to see what happens in preseason games. The few times this team looked good last season was when we pushed the ball. If Bud really leans into that, we could be in the top 4 spots. The west is so tight, anything can happen.

IIRC the Vogel Suns looked dangerous last preseason. It ended up being fools gold in the end. We won't really have a good idea of what this team will be until late November or early December.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
IIRC the Vogel Suns looked dangerous last preseason. It ended up being fools gold in the end. We won't really have a good idea of what this team will be until late November or early December.
Christmas Day they looked the worst of all year, arguably.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Christmas Day they looked the worst of all year, arguably.
That Christmas game is probably about as dark as my mindset as a fan has ever gone for a regular season game.

Brutal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser