Suns @ Spurs 4-11-14, 5:30 PM

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here still think the Spurs have ANY fear of this team?

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Danny Green was unconscious from three point land. I can't believe he was that accurate. He just killed the Suns, almost single-handed. Gotta find a way to cover the open shooter better. Defense and rebounding was pretty good on everyone else.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Those threes from the spurs killed us. Was a tough loss. Bled was good but not in the last two minutes.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I went to the game with my son. We got their early to watch players warm-up. As we went down the stairs towards the court, I thought that Ish was a ballboy until I got closer. It was partly because he was the only player out there wearing long sleeves, but also because he looked tiny next to other players. Bledsoe, Green and Smith spent much longer shooting around before the game than anyone else on the team.
Watching Plumlee shoot around was pretty sad. The guy has some athleticism and hustle but could not hit anything during the shoot-around. After a while my son would wince every time he attempted a shot from more than 5 feet away.
Alex Len does not know how to play basketball. During warm-ups I was surprised how athletic and nimble he seemed, especially considering how big he is. But during his brief time in the game the poor thing looked lost. He did not know where to stand or where to move on offense and looked completely uncomfortable. . . like “fat kid at a middle school dance” level of uncomfortable. On one inbound play he looked to the bench like he was hoping someone would tell him what to do.
The Morris twins are exceeding my expectations this season and Markeif looked pretty solid against the Spurs, but the Suns (and several other teams) should be kicking themselves that they did not take Kawhi Leonard. His senior year, I thought Kawhi was the best player in his conference, even though Jimmer scored a lot more points and was much more exciting.
The Suns have sunk low enough that Spurs fans are no longer hostile to me, but are now just condescending. Instead of taunts that the Suns suck or are going to lose the comments were more along the lines of the Suns are starting to show some potential and you guys might be pretty competitive soon.
The statement that the camera adds 10 pounds does not hold true to Boris Diaw. For him it subtracts at least 20 pounds. I thought he looked fat on TV, but in person it looks like he ate Oliver Miller. The fact that he can still move and play as well as he does is pretty amazing.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The statement that the camera adds 10 pounds does not hold true to Boris Diaw. For him it subtracts at least 20 pounds. I thought he looked fat on TV, but in person it looks like he ate Oliver Miller. The fact that he can still move and play as well as he does is pretty amazing.
...but in person it looks like he ate Oliver Miller.

'Cracked me up! :)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to the game with my son. We got their early to watch players warm-up. As we went down the stairs towards the court, I thought that Ish was a ballboy until I got closer. It was partly because he was the only player out there wearing long sleeves, but also because he looked tiny next to other players. Bledsoe, Green and Smith spent much longer shooting around before the game than anyone else on the team.
Watching Plumlee shoot around was pretty sad. The guy has some athleticism and hustle but could not hit anything during the shoot-around. After a while my son would wince every time he attempted a shot from more than 5 feet away.
Alex Len does not know how to play basketball. During warm-ups I was surprised how athletic and nimble he seemed, especially considering how big he is. But during his brief time in the game the poor thing looked lost. He did not know where to stand or where to move on offense and looked completely uncomfortable. . . like “fat kid at a middle school dance” level of uncomfortable. On one inbound play he looked to the bench like he was hoping someone would tell him what to do.
The Morris twins are exceeding my expectations this season and Markeif looked pretty solid against the Spurs, but the Suns (and several other teams) should be kicking themselves that they did not take Kawhi Leonard. His senior year, I thought Kawhi was the best player in his conference, even though Jimmer scored a lot more points and was much more exciting.
The Suns have sunk low enough that Spurs fans are no longer hostile to me, but are now just condescending. Instead of taunts that the Suns suck or are going to lose the comments were more along the lines of the Suns are starting to show some potential and you guys might be pretty competitive soon.

I think your comments about Len are essentially correct. Hopefully he is still young enough at age 20 to learn the game. When I watch Len play, I often find myself wanting to position him on the court. I think the Suns drafted him for the future, not the present. Let's hope he develops with time.