Suns @ Spurs [Game 1] April 19, 2008, 12pm (3pm EST) ABC

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
It WAS NOT a set play and if you listened to the post game interviews Duncan even said so.

Yeah, ok...remember that Tim's degree ifrom Wake Forest is in psychology and HE NEVER says anything to give the other team something to think about. He just plays it off like that but if you're down 3 and the Suns have the OBVIOUS 3 point shooters covered, then why go to Duncan if all you think you'll get is a lucky shot?
THAT WAS DESIGNED and a trick play, just like a hook and ladder or statue of liberty in football. It takes advantage of your defensive tendencies and for Tim, he made the Suns pay!!!
He makes that regularly in practice, and in shooting stars he made it under the pressure of that on his first try, and then made the half-court shot to win that but...THIS RESULT IS MUCH BETTER

Mr_White

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
natural talent

you like reveling in other people's misery? did you get beaten as a child or are you just a piece of crap? I'm guessing it's both.

Why yes, schadenfaude is one of my talents.

I rather enjoy it, especially after hearing all the asterisk, dirty play, crooked refs, Stern (pick one) excuses all year. Today the Ringless Wonders choked and they have no excuses.

The road to our last three rings has gone through Phoenix. It's a well-beaten path.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now....talking BASKETBALL instead of blaming the refs...

That last 3 in the corner by Nash was amazing. You had Diaw and LB taking the other last second crucial shots. I dont understand that at all. Mark Jackson called it correct when he said Nash should have just shot off the screen rather than dish to LB in a clutch situation.

Another thing i noticed was that Bell looked good in the opening minutes of the game and just disappeared. Is he hurt? And how come Hill played so few mins?
hill is still injured coming off that groin reaggravation/injury.
bell might be injured, maybe we dont know...kind of like at the beginning of the season.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, ok...remember that Tim's degree ifrom Wake Forest is in psychology and HE NEVER says anything to give the other team something to think about. He just plays it off like that but if you're down 3 and the Suns have the OBVIOUS 3 point shooters covered, then why go to Duncan if all you think you'll get is a lucky shot?
THAT WAS DESIGNED and a trick play, just like a hook and ladder or statue of liberty in football. It takes advantage of your defensive tendencies and for Tim, he made the Suns pay!!!
He makes that regularly in practice, and in shooting stars he made it under the pressure of that on his first try, and then made the half-court shot to win that but...THIS RESULT IS MUCH BETTER

You could never convince me that pop called a set play for duncan to take a 3. Never!:)

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
hill is still injured coming off that groin reaggravation/injury.
bell might be injured, maybe we dont know...kind of like at the beginning of the season.

Gotcha! Thanks for the info...I was curious why i wasnt seeing more of Hill. He's needed.

Mr_White

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Sorry. I don't actually know German yet. I am told I have to learn it for doctoral work, however. My studies in Greek and Hebrew have kept me plenty busy.

Honestly, I don't mean anything against Sons Fans. Their team has never done anything worth getting on their case about. When and IF they ever win a title, then they might be worthy of a little hate (see: Lakers). But until then, it's just all in fun.

Alot of Sons fans remind me of 9-11 Truthers: always a conspiracy against them.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
did any of you hear the post-game comments from the players?

shaq, something on the lines of this...
"there were some cheap fouls called due to the floppers..."

lol

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I really hope the Suns aren't hoping for any better treatment from the officials than they got today. If they are, the series is already over. This was probably the most pro-Suns road crew I've ever seen.

STATfan4Life

Veteran
Reaction score
did any of you hear the post-game comments from the players?

shaq, something on the lines of this...
"there were some cheap fouls called due to the floppers..."

lol

I am not able to hear post game comments from the players and was wondering what they had to say regarding the game. I am not talking about the generic answers but how they really felt about the game.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
"I just wanted to play aggressive, but the floppers prevailed today. Amare and myself are going to continue to play aggressive,'' O'Neal said of his foul trouble. "Hopefully those guys will compete rather than just fall down.''

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser