Suns @ Spurs Game Thread 2-27-13

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I have not watched it yet, but anytime the Suns beat the Spurs it is a thing of beauty. Living in San Antonio just got a little more tolerable for a while.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
Why are Parker, Ginobili, Splitter, and Duncan playing? Pop should do the smart thing pull them out of the game now! We would still lose by 20+ anyway.

:D I guess Ronin didn't come back to post after that prediction...

I'm not going to crow on you Ronin,,,,I was thinking the same thing early in this game,,,why are those guys playing? Hey,,even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. I didn't read the final stats,,,but the Spurs looked terrible offensively, couldn't buy a bucket in the second half. Not taking anything away from the Suns at this point, they came to play this game.
Maybe the last embarrassing loss to the Spurs had some influence on their hurt egos,,,,,but they played above their talent, and O'Neil looked like a 25 year old player last nite :thumbup:

A fine win,,,and if you bailed out from watching this game, you lost.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Especially when you consider that, having just left the Suns, Nash is a shell of his former self and Hill can barely play. It's freaky.

I was, of course, quite wrong about whether O'Neal would contribute anything this season, but I doubt anyone expected him to become the crunch-time PF of choice.

Maybe they pump HGH and deer antler spray directly into the drinking fountains and showers?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Wes Johnson hit the shot of the year. Hey maybe Jermaine should be the starting center next year. He has found the fountain of youth

I was thinking about this. If the Suns happen to draft a big, trade Gortat for some solid pieces and start O'neal for awhile. I don't know if he could handle 25-30 minutes a night for 82 games though.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That outlet pass from ONeal was a thing of beauty.

Some thoughts. Wes Johnson seems to be maturing before our very eyes. What impresses me most is that he is playing very solid defense. His shot is a thing of beauty. That shot he made to send it into overtime is the type of thing that can get a player to a new level.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:D I guess Ronin didn't come back to post after that prediction...

I'm not going to crow on you Ronin,,,,I was thinking the same thing early in this game,,,why are those guys playing? Hey,,even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. I didn't read the final stats,,,but the Spurs looked terrible offensively, couldn't buy a bucket in the second half. Not taking anything away from the Suns at this point, they came to play this game.
Maybe the last embarrassing loss to the Spurs had some influence on their hurt egos,,,,,but they played above their talent, and O'Neil looked like a 25 year old player last nite :thumbup:
:D:thumbup:

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Great win for the Suns. They play with pride and as any athlete you can't just tank. I personally would have a hard time losing games on purpose. Pride is what drives an athlete, not just $$$. These players could least care what draft position they end up in. I enjoy beating the Lakers and the Spurs a great deal so this was a great feeling. Thanks Suns!!

Also, Goran Dragic has become a beast passer of late. Not picking up the dribble a lot either.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake