Suns @ Spurs Game Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we are getting hosed period no matter how you look at it Cheese!

bs - we dealt with bad calls all game long and were winning and when it got to crunch time, we FOLDED LIKE A SOFT TACO. Horrendous shots and even worse defense.

the same thing we saw against Utah and the Clippers.

cry about the refs if you want, but we should have beaten this team regardless of them and we pissed it away like we have the rest of the season so far.

mesacardsfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i think maybe the HUGE FREAKIN difference in FT had something to do with this HOSE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Spurs are very good in the clutch... last year's Suns chemistry is still working its way back. Not quite there yet.

hawaiiansun

Registered
Reaction score
dude - how about you cool it with the personal attacks and act like a mature human being.

sorry if I'm furious that we've completely blown ANOTHER fourth quarter lead.

try acting civilized toward your fellow posters.

Mature? You should be talking.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It's awfully hard to overcome the types of calls that are going against us, the Spurs just get WAY too much respect from the refs. Uneven calls DO affect the outcome.

In a close game between pretty evenly matched team, every call counts. Bottom line, if Amare is in, we have a go to scorer at the end, and probably win it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's awfully hard to overcome the types of calls that are going against us, the Spurs just get WAY too much respect from the refs. Uneven calls DO affect the outcome.

so does playing horrific defense and not getting good shot when you're 7 with 3 minutes left.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Sure we should have played a little better, but we still played pretty well, well enough to win this game. There are so many blown calls I can't believe it, especially here at the end. I thought the league had fixed everything, but I guess not. That's not to mention the complaining that the Spurs do without any of those so-called "complaining technicals" the league loves to through around. Tony Parker actually SAT down on the court after a call on him, and no call!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
were going to need another 3 spurs have been money on the ft line

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I am pretty encouraged on amare..he seems to play well after a few days off, that just screams conditioning.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mature? You should be talking.

am I saying anything to fellow posters? No - I'm frustrated as hell, but I'm not going to be a jerk and start a flame war on a thread where everyone's passions are high, which is what you've been doing.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
so does playing horrific defense and not getting good shot when you're 7 with 3 minutes left.

Because when we penetrate for a good shot our guys don't get the calls, and at times even get called for phantom offensive fouls :)

Two can play this game Cheese, and you won't win.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
That's not to mention the complaining that the Spurs do without any of those so-called "complaining technicals" the league loves to through around. Tony Parker actually SAT down on the court after a call on him, and no call!

Great point, I have seen Duncan do his complaining tonight and no Technical... The league loves this team

hawaiiansun

Registered
Reaction score
am I saying anything to fellow posters? No - I'm frustrated as hell, but I'm not going to be a jerk and start a flame war on a thread where everyone's passions are high, which is what you've been doing.

All I said to you was you are a whiner. You think everything is pathetic. How bout you settle down, its only a damn game.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
bs - we dealt with bad calls all game long and were winning and when it got to crunch time, we FOLDED LIKE A SOFT TACO. Horrendous shots and even worse defense.

the same thing we saw against Utah and the Clippers.

cry about the refs if you want, but we should have beaten this team regardless of them and we pissed it away like we have the rest of the season so far.

We played well enough to win this game in the end. The no-calls didn't give us any opportunity to actually take any shots. Do you really not recognize that?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHEW! I thought Marion whiffed on fouling Duncan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05