Suns @ Spurs Game Thread

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man - I really think the Cardinals season and now the beginning of the Suns season just came to full boil tonight for me. Yeesh!

Things I liked:

AMARE - he got hosed a couple times, but he showed explosion/quickness on offense. Just the fact that he went up for that jam on Duncan gave me hope - the fact that he actually finished it and flushed it on his made got me very exicted.

BANKS - very good game off the bench - first time I saw what I was hopign to see from him.

NASH - he was Nash. What else do you need to say?

KT - even though I knew he would eventually miss a crucial shot, the guy played a great game out there tonight.

Things I disliked:

MARION - but this is to be expected against SA - he disappears offensively, can't take advantage of match-ups on offense. He rebounded well, but man did he seem lost on defense for the most part. Also looked pretty gassed out there all game.

DIAW - PATHETIC - I don't know what to say about him at this point except PATHETIC.

BARBOSA - so many ups and downs with this kid. I guess he shouldn't be in the "disliked" parts of the game, but he's not ready to be out there in the clutch and he's not ready to be a starter... actually, starting is fine - but he's in no way ready to finish.

THE ABSENCE OF CLUTCH: You know what we looked like at the end of the game? What we looked like at the end of games LAST YEAR before the playoffs when TT and Raja came up with some of the clutchest shots I've ever seen. I'm hoping that Jalen and Amare (when he's not saddled with a ridiculous amount of fouls) will be able to remedy this because this team - again - is desperate for the ability to play in the clutch. They've been in almost every game this season and have melted down in the fourth quarter three straight games. That's got to change.

besides that - I got nothing. Man, that was a heartbreaker - we'll see what this team is truly made of tomorrow night. They win there and I feel a hell of a lot better with a somewhat soft schedule ahead of them. They lose and we couldbe looking at an uphill climb all season long, with possibly twovery good teams in front of us... in our own divison.

again - thank God the Democrats beat the Republicans. I can't imagine what it's like right now to be a Republican/Cardinals/Suns fan. YIKES!

phxrising

Registered
Reaction score
:madarms:

Throw a fit why dont ya ppl??

CALM DOWN

For starters...Amare looked GREAT!! Tonight is the best I've seen him since pre-microfracture. Gives me a lot of hope...makes me care less about the Spurs loss.

Banks stepped up. That dude can STEAL it baby. I like his fast hands and defense. Knocked down a three....hey its a start.

Bell finally is coming out...glad to see that.

This team is coming around. Nice competitive game....GO SUNS!

I agree even with the loss we looked much better tonight.
Amare looking good, Bell got going.

If we would have got ANYTHING from DIAW we could of... oh well.

yeah and Barbs tring to make that drive at the end, any other time but not with the game on the line, not yet.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was a very positive game...honestly, how many times are you going to go into a fellow contender's home court and WIN? Not often...

The fact that we really torched them for most of the game, plus had foul trouble with Amare spoke a lot to me.

I thought we played the best game we have so far. Shooting was there, passing, the threes...and AMARE.

Amare looked awesome in the first half...and I mean awesome as in so far this season, not how he used to look.

Two huge dunks, some great post moves...they are starting to get more confidence in him, and he is getting confidence in himself.

We'll win tomorrow and Saturday and everyone will be loving this team.

Mike

mribnik

Reaction score
I think this is the low point. This team is going to start kicking some ass.

basketballfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm very dissappointed with the result tonight, but I can now say with confidence that we'll beat Dallas tomorrow, and we're starting to get things going.

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
Man, it was a close game and a bitter loss but some of us are getting awful panicky. I thought we did very well against SA considering Boris' lackluster play for most of the night. If he was as aggressive as he was last year we'd have won this game. However, Ginobili wasn't exactly at his peak either so it's tough to say if those two would have been a wash. I don't count MArion's off night because he was contributing with his hustle for the most part.

Is it just me or is Barbosa getting better as a passer now that he's mostly playing 2? I think he feels it and rolls with the newfound confidence. Considering how big he showed himself to be in last summer's Laker series I think he is not too far off in overestimating his skills.

Good game from everyone but Diaw really and even he had 4 assists.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm still not sure why the NBA (refs) loves the Spurs so much. My goodness. The new "Techinical Rule" obviously does NOT apply to Tim Duncan. And why are they (refs) hating on Amare? He maybe only had 3-4 fouls...not six. Those refs were making things up. Shi-eeet!!! :shrug:

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
it was a fun game guys. Yeah we lost and it sucks, but we can't negate the positives we saw today with the L on the schedule.

One complaint though and it's not even about the game. I didn't like how some people jumped on other posters for being illogical or panicky. After all this is a game thread, and shouldn't be held to the same standards of logic and reason as other threads. That's just my opinion though.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tonights game reminded me of the game the suns and spurs played 2 years ago. I think it was the Suns 10th loss of the season. It was the last game of that terrible losing streak when Nash went down. Up until that game the team looked dead, and despite the fact that they lost that game it was encouraging to see them really compete and go to OT. After that game they turned things around and got back to winning, and I'm guessing thats what will happen this time as well

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05