Suns @ Timberwolves 1-8-14

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was such a classic "no, no, no... YESSSS" play. Goran bobbled the dribble, got stuck in no mansland, left and jump passed to Kieff who bobbled it (not a great pass by Goran). Credit Green for making a smart cut and canning a tough shot.

He's the only player on our team that has a realistic chance at making that kind of shot. I could have done without the posturing afterwards but that goes with the territory with Green.

Steve

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's the only player on our team that has a realistic chance at making that kind of shot. I could have done without the posturing afterwards but that goes with the territory with Green.

Steve

I actually thought Green dont usually go overboard with his celebrations after a made basket, he is usually "unusually humble" after scoring, but you gotta agree that was a huge basket, so i can understand the extra jubilation after making it.

What surprises me the most is they didn't go to the Sun's killer pekovic, or their superstar Love..Adelman may have some explaining to do about his plays down the stretch.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched but I was working so not much time to comment. Dragic was not good and still ended up with all star stats. Loved seeing Barbosa back. I would ditch "Plays like Ish" Smith for him for the rest of the season.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This place (Game-day thread) has been dead for a long time, it doesn't necessarily mean we missed the game though, great or otherwise. I tend to watch two games at the same time so I can avoid commercials which leaves me a little behind real time. My DVR has two tuners (most of them probably do) so I put one on pause and watch the other game till commercial at which time I pause that tuner and watch the other till it goes to commercial. Rinse and Repeat, it's a fun life. And yes, it was a great finish. We won therefore it was also a great game. Minnesota fans probably feel differently though.

Steve
Ah I see.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green gets such elevation on his jumpers. He can take off awkwardly and then find a way to square up in the air and get the shot off with reasonable form. Goran dribbled himself into trouble and then elevated and made a desperation pass. Kieff was doing good just to catch it. But once he had it didn't seem to know what to do with it. All of a sudden Green showed up for the hand off and the clutch shot.

Green seemed to be the only one with the cool head and thinking clearly in the clutch moment. Yes, I just said that, Green was the one with the bball smarts in the moment. Not usually thought of as his strong suit. He is really progressing as a player this year. He is gaining maturity bball-wise.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Really impressed with the never say die nature of this team.

I was watching knowing that they had won but with 4:00 left they looked done I was wondering how they were going to pull it off. This was a really impressive road win even considering the struggle of the Wolves.

I can't say enough about Channing Frye. He must have been reading this site where everyone wanted to get Love to take his spot. His defense was very good and his ability to stretch the defense continues to be a huge weapon for the Suns offense.

It was fun to see Barbosa in a Suns uniform again. I was impressed with his ability to step right in and play so many minutes without any practice time. He didn't play particularly well but should improve as he get for comfortable playing with this team.

The refs were horrible. I thought they made some bad calls both ways but they just seemed wildly inconsistent. The Suns sure got the short end of the FT attempts. 35 FTA for the Wolves and somehow the Suns still pulled it out on the road. The neutralizing effect of good 3 point shooting I guess.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stunning come from behind win by Suns.

That was fantastic! I didn't get to watch the game until late last night but it was a great experience. We looked good in the first half and then not so good in much of the second. It wasn't looking good near the end of the game and then, bam! The guys were so pumped up after that win and it was so fun to watch their reactions.

It's so funny to me how ESPN kept showing how the TWolves were 0-9 in games decided by 6 points or less. We were hanging around right about there but also down as much as 9. I don't think we got the lead down to 5 until less than two minutes left. Then our guys willed the game away from Minny and Minny stayed true to their nature and choked at the end.

Crazy game.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goran was stopped on the baseline, I believe he tried to pass it to a Morris twin behind him but the ball ended up with Green. He elevated over everyone to make the game winning two point shot.

Actually, Goran got caught in the air and made a scary pass to Morris who made a good grab and then Morris handed it off to Green who drove to the right corner, elevated, and nailed the game winner.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Goran dribbled himself into trouble and then elevated and made a desperation pass.

Yes, but it almost went according to plan. It looked to me like the intended result of Dragic's pick-and-roll with Frye was to get Dragic an elbow jumper over Rubio. That was there, except then Dragic mis-handled, which gave Rubio the time to recover.

Dragic's playing well this year, but I continue to be amazed that he hasn't devoted an off-season to shoring up his ball-handling. It's always a question mark with him, and that's unnecessary.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This place (Game-day thread) has been dead for a long time, it doesn't necessarily mean we missed the game though, great or otherwise. I tend to watch two games at the same time so I can avoid commercials which leaves me a little behind real time. My DVR has two tuners (most of them probably do) so I put one on pause and watch the other game till commercial at which time I pause that tuner and watch the other till it goes to commercial. Rinse and Repeat, it's a fun life. And yes, it was a great finish. We won therefore it was also a great game. Minnesota fans probably feel differently though.

Steve

I almost never get to watch a game in real-time. I get home late from work and right now I'm in crunch mode and working even later. So, I'm usually watching the game a couple hours to several hours later, DVR delayed. Last night I didn't get started until almost 11 pm. But I always avoid any information ahead of time and everything is fresh to me. I didn't finish watching last night's game until almost 1 am and then fell asleep watching highlights.

And Steve, I've got 5 tuners so there! :p

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost never get to watch a game in real-time. I get home late from work and right now I'm in crunch mode and working even later. So, I'm usually watching the game a couple hours to several hours later, DVR delayed. Last night I didn't get started until almost 11 pm. But I always avoid any information ahead of time and everything is fresh to me. I didn't finish watching last night's game until almost 1 am and then fell asleep watching highlights.

And Steve, I've got 5 tuners so there! :p

DTV Genie? I suspect we have the same thing or close enough. I can record up to 5 channels at once but I can only flip between two live programs and that's what I was talking about.

Maybe we should invent the DVR Game-day thread where you can pop in and post at any time as if the game were live. It might get a little confusing and the thread title would need the word "spoiler" in big bold capital letters but it might provide some entertainment with a handful of different time streams in the same thread.

Steve

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those who want Love to someday play for the Suns, he was very critical (again) of the T-Wolves after last nights Suns win. So as a bonus to the win, they frustrated Love enough that he was once again bitching about his team to the media thereby increasing the likelihood that one day he'll ask for a trade or just opt out and sign elsewhere, perhaps to the Suns.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
As a top 5 pick ain't gonna happen, I'm fine with wins now, and this team is pretty damn entertaining. Such a motley crew, but they play hard and they seem to care.

Amazing they aren't getting more attention, for a team that was in the pole position for the #1 pick at the beginning of the year, they've been shockingly good.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
For those who want Love to someday play for the Suns, he was very critical (again) of the T-Wolves after last nights Suns win. So as a bonus to the win, they frustrated Love enough that he was once again bitching about his team to the media thereby increasing the likelihood that one day he'll ask for a trade or just opt out and sign elsewhere, perhaps to the Suns.
I suppose the question is do we really want a guy like him in our locker room? Not sure I want someone on this team that is going to complain about his teammates to the media after every tough loss.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nowadays I can only watch the games a day later after work, but I also do my best to avoid finding out what happened. So far I only failed once, accidentally catching the score. It's a nice luxury to be able to skip through commercials and game stoppage time.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Barbosa got a few minutes, at the expense of Christmas and Goodwin. I am sure they are trying to get a look at him at this point. I have mixed feelings on Barbosa. Its cool to see him back with the Suns, but I would really like Goodwin to get minutes each game to assist his development.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like Barbosa got a few minutes, at the expense of Christmas and Goodwin. I am sure they are trying to get a look at him at this point. I have mixed feelings on Barbosa. Its cool to see him back with the Suns, but I would really like Goodwin to get minutes each game to assist his development.

I guess I'm in the minority on this but I don't want to see Goodwin out there solely to assist his development. For one thing, I'm not so sure that NBA court time is necessarily what he needs. But more importantly, we need more from a rotation player than Goodwin has been giving us. Once Bledsoe returns we can probably afford to give him 10 - 15 minutes a game but right now we don't have that luxury. I like the Barbosa signing because once he's up to speed with our team, this offense should be able to play a similar style to what we've played with Bledsoe and Dragic. And we won't have to overwork Dragic.

Steve

drk3351

Rookie
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with some of you, if Goodwin isn't ready, you don't need to give him minutes with guys like Barbosa now on the team.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
DTV Genie? I suspect we have the same thing or close enough. I can record up to 5 channels at once but I can only flip between two live programs and that's what I was talking about.

Maybe we should invent the DVR Game-day thread where you can pop in and post at any time as if the game were live. It might get a little confusing and the thread title would need the word "spoiler" in big bold capital letters but it might provide some entertainment with a handful of different time streams in the same thread.

Steve

Yep, we have the same thing. Man, you might be on to something. It would be so cool if there was some way to integrate shifted viewings into one thread where the thread was aware of where you were in the game and only showed you posts up to that point and you could insert your comments in at the appropriate junctures in the thread.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as Goodwin's minutes is concerned, I think they were also cut back so that Len has an opportunity for some playing time now that he's able to play.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, we have the same thing. Man, you might be on to something. It would be so cool if there was some way to integrate shifted viewings into one thread where the thread was aware of where you were in the game and only showed you posts up to that point and you could insert your comments in at the appropriate junctures in the thread.

Actually you outthought me here, that's a great idea. I didn't consider the possibility of integrating the various posts in that manner. I was thinking about the humorous value of a thread where people were all over the place time-wise and how much fun it might be to read such a thread after the fact. Your much improved idea might actually be doable and would probably be a great plus for a site with heavy traffic. Although as I think about it I wonder how that could be accomplished in a threaded format.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as Goodwin's minutes is concerned, I think they were also cut back so that Len has an opportunity for some playing time now that he's able to play.

I think it's far more important to get Len the playing time even if it hurts us short term. Playing Goodwin heavy minutes might send the wrong message to this group as he really seems to still be a few years away from being NBA ready. Playing Len makes sense in large part because of our huge hole at backup center but also because he looks closer to being able to contribute in real game situations. He needs to stay healthy, add strength and learn the game (stop bringing the ball down big guy!!!) but you can see he has some skill.

Steve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake