Suns @ Timberwolves 3-23-14

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Find a solid power forward (not even a superstar) and this roster is a contender in the making. L
So you are finally convinced that Frye is not a solid power forward? :)

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope Bledsoe recovers his 3pt shooting stroke soon. He's shooting 20% from 3 since returning to the lineup.

Somebody is going to get the crazy idea that you lean a little to the negative side.:) His outside shot has yet to return but he had a fantastic game today once he got untracked. The early foul problems with him and Green set us back some but Eric was terrific especially in the second half. Hopefully his outside shot will return soon but let's face it, that was never his claim to fame.

Last edited:

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So you are finally convinced that Frye is not a solid power forward? :)

I've maintained all along that you really weren't following what I was saying. I'm not a fan of Frye the basketball player but those of us that actually watched the games saw him fill a valuable role earlier in the season. You were relying mostly on box scores and memories of the Channing Frye from years before and completely missed just how well he played for a couple of months. He's struggled mightily since the All Star break and he's had several bad games along the way in addition to this recent stretch so yes, I would prefer to see a more consistent player at that spot. But I've made that point several times this year, he was never my ideal power forward.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've maintained all along that you really weren't following what I was saying. I'm not a fan of Frye the basketball player but those of us that actually watched the games saw him fill a valuable role earlier in the season. You were relying mostly on box scores and memories of the Channing Frye from years before and completely missed just how well he played for a couple of months. He's struggled mightily since the All Star break and he's had several bad games along the way in addition to this recent stretch so yes, I would prefer to see a more consistent player at that spot. But I've made that point several times this year, he was never my ideal power forward.
I was under the impression that you thought Channing was a solid PF but that he wasn't a star or elite PF and that you thought we could use an upgrade at PF but that it wasn't much of a priority cause Frye was fine.
Somebody is going to get the crazy idea that you lean a little to the negative side.:) His outside shot has yet to return but he had a fantastic game today once he got untracked. The early foul problems with him and Green set us back some but Eric was terrific especially in the second half. Hopefully his outside shot will return soon but let's face it, that was never his claim to fame.
He's been great other than his shooting. I said that in the other GD threads and others have already said it in here, so I didn't want to repeat the same stuff that everyone's saying. It'd be kinda boring if we all just sat here and sang praise for EB. Just tryna bring something new to the discussion.

Bledsoe is our go to player in the 4th QTR. Dragic is the only Suns player that gives a damn about playing hard in the 1st QTR so he usually gets worn out by the 4th QTR and then Bledsoe takes it from there and allows Dragic some rest (even when Goran's on the court).

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's been great other than his shooting. I said that in the other GD threads and others have already said it in here, so I didn't want to repeat the same stuff that everyone's saying. It'd be kinda boring if we all just sat here and sang praise for EB. Just tryna bring something new to the discussion.

Bledsoe is our go to player in the 4th QTR. Dragic is the only Suns player that gives a damn about playing hard in the 1st QTR so he usually gets worn out by the 4th QTR and then Bledsoe takes it from there and allows Dragic some rest (even when Goran's on the court).

An Eric Bledsoe cult? Sign me up.

He really doesn't have his game back yet, not just his shot and still he's making such a huge difference for us.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I hope Bledsoe recovers his 3pt shooting stroke soon. He's shooting 20% from 3 since returning to the lineup.

Recovers? I don't think outside shooting has ever been a strength of his. I think he's about a 30% career shooter from 3.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
Recovers? I don't think outside shooting has ever been a strength of his. I think he's about a 30% career shooter from 3.

He was .397 for the Clips last year and I believe he was close to that this year prior to his injury issues. His stroke looks good to me and I expect his percentages will go up as time goes on. For his career though you are correct he is a 30% shooter from the 3 point line and 30 % this year.

Unless health becomes an issue the Suns would be nuts not to sign this guy to an extension, no matter what it costs.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/4238/eric-bledsoe

He shot .350 before the all-star break and just .200 after. 35% is respectable and if he can get back to that I think his game will open up again. Interesting stat in there, in Suns wins, he shoots 37.7% on 3s, in losses, 19.4%

What I distinctly remember though is that he made a higher percentage in clutch situations. The Jazz game winner is the most obvious example but there were other games where he he would be cold all game and knock down a late 3.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after looking at our schedule, if this team harbors any hope of making the playoffs, they pretty much have to sweep the next four games against ATL, Washington, NY and the Lakers. That is one brutal stretch to end the season having to face OKC, the Clips, Portland, SA, Dallas and Memphis in the last couple weeks.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/4238/eric-bledsoe

He shot .350 before the all-star break and just .200 after. 35% is respectable and if he can get back to that I think his game will open up again. Interesting stat in there, in Suns wins, he shoots 37.7% on 3s, in losses, 19.4%

What I distinctly remember though is that he made a higher percentage in clutch situations. The Jazz game winner is the most obvious example but there were other games where he he would be cold all game and knock down a late 3.

I don't know if the stats actually support him being clutch but it's the way I remember it too. That image of him rocking back and nailing those clutch threes is burned into my brain. Regardless of his percentage though, he clearly has the confidence to take the big shots and I see nothing wrong with his form. He supposedly is a gym rat so I'm sure he'll get there.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Regarding the Suns, the referees have rabbit hears, especially that technical on Tucker when Barea was in his hear.
William Bohl ‏@BreakTheHuddle
P.J. Tucker said "f--- you guys" to the Wolves' bench after he made that three. Then he got a technical.
William Bohl ‏@BreakTheHuddle 16h
There have been multiple occasions this season where opposing players have yelled expletives at the Wolves' bench after making shots.
William Bohl ‏@BreakTheHuddle 16h @ChrisBarnewall
I sit behind them, so it's hard to tell. Sure as hell seems like someone on the bench rubs a lot of people the wrong way.
William Bohl ‏@BreakTheHuddle 16h @ChrisBarnewall
One of them, I'd guess, is Barea. A.J. Price (of all people) can be quite chatty, as well. But I don't know for certain.
Someone needs to teach midget Barea some manners.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
after looking at our schedule, if this team harbors any hope of making the playoffs, they pretty much have to sweep the next four games against ATL, Washington, NY and the Lakers. That is one brutal stretch to end the season having to face OKC, the Clips, Portland, SA, Dallas and Memphis in the last couple weeks.

Well, its either in the playoffs or the 14th pick now. The Minny pick is out of the picture. Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me either way. Best case scenario: Get on a hot streak with Bledsoe back and make some waves in the playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I don't understand is why the bench is allowed to yell at the player but the player is not allowed to yell back. :shrug:

The Suns defensive coach got a technical for talking from the bench in the Wolves game. It seems the referees have selective hearing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake