Suns to sign PJ Tucker

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
great deal for the current market. avery bradley gets 8 million, jodi meeks 6 million, 5 million for tucker is solid.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This is infinitely better than throwing big money at a "Josh Childress."

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A slight change:

Paul Coro @paulcoro
P.J. Tucker has not signed his 3-year, $16.5M deal with the #Suns yet but the agreement includes a non-guaranteed $3.8M in the third year.

I hope this is not a deal breaker.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He just might be holding out until we make other moves. Like Bledsoe, we want to sign him after we sign/trade for/sign other people.

Agreeing to a contract takes his situation off the table, and allow us to proceed how we want to.

Of course, it might not matter, but it indeed may.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He just might be holding out until we make other moves. Like Bledsoe, we want to sign him after we sign/trade for/sign other people.

Agreeing to a contract takes his situation off the table, and allow us to proceed how we want to.

Of course, it might not matter, but it indeed may.

It sounds likely the 3rd year is not fully guaranteed which is smart if it plays out this way. However, I do not want to lose Tucker over the 3rd year terms.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...cker-agree-to-3-year-165m-extension/12502407/

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good signing.....please don't be the highlight of Free Agency......please don't be the highlight of Free Agency.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sounds likely the 3rd year is not fully guaranteed which is smart if it plays out this way. However, I do not want to lose Tucker over the 3rd year terms.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...cker-agree-to-3-year-165m-extension/12502407/

Well the claim is that they have agreed. Doesn't mean he needs to sign it immediately. I don't think there's anything to worry about with anyone backing out. He's getting 2 years guaranteed and a third year partial. I'm sure he would have like to get more, but I think it's a fair deal for both parties.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Well the claim is that they have agreed. Doesn't mean he needs to sign it immediately. I don't think there's anything to worry about with anyone backing out. He's getting 2 years guaranteed and a third year partial. I'm sure he would have like to get more, but I think it's a fair deal for both parties.

I'd argue that it would make sense for him not to sign the contract until the Suns sign any other FAs they may be interested in. They can go over the cap to sign Tucker, but can't go over the cap to sign other teams' FAs.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd argue that it would make sense for him not to sign the contract until the Suns sign any other FAs they may be interested in. They can go over the cap to sign Tucker, but can't go over the cap to sign other teams' FAs.

Exactly. No argument from me. I'm sure that's exactly what's going on. He should be the last contract signed this offseason.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Right, except that the difference between Tucker's new first-year salary and his RFA cap hold is probably minimal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser