Suns trade rumors

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
The Suns inquired about trading for Zach Randolph, according to USA Today, but they were turned down by the Grizzlies.
Z-Bo has a $16.9 million player option and he's already stated his desire to remain in Memphis beyond this season. The Suns are stacked with draft picks and young players, so even if Randolph is off-limits they're sure to be in the mix for a big-name player around the deadline.
Related: Suns
Source: USA Today Feb 8 - 9:46 AM

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wonder who their source is. Doesn't sound like something McD would go for, even with Pau Gasol floating out there.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A player the Suns might be able to get in a trade is PF Derrick Favors of Utah. He is having a rough time of late but he is only 22.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For the right price I think he could fit in very well here. Seems like he'd thrive in this type of system.

He has a lot of talent but if there's ever been a star that didn't make his team better it's Rudy Gay. Vince Carter was often accused of this but Gay has taken it to a new level despite the fact he can be a stopper on defense and unstoppable on offense. Players like that rarely turn things around this far into their career. If he were a castoff that we could play on the nights he wants to give it his all and rest him otherwise I'd be all for it but as a starter he's a scary option.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
This is going to get insane betweeen now and the deadline. Everybody knows the Suns have the best trade assets so we're going to be part of a lot of rumors.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A player the Suns might be able to get in a trade is PF Derrick Favors of Utah. He is having a rough time of late but he is only 22.

I highly doubt UTA will trade Favors. They let Jefferson & Millsap go in order to keep him & Kanter.

Hypothetically, what do you think PHX would have to give up to get him? UTA will probably ask for Plumlee & multiple draft picks and that is just for starters. They will want a lot and PHX can't afford to give up valuable assets such as draft picks plus the young players to land a guy like Favors.

If DET is asking for the moon for Monroe, UTA will ask for about the same for Favors, for the simple fact that as you mentioned is only 22 and averaging nearly a double double this year.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score

Living in the Jazz Market, I would be shocked, shocked! if the Jazz executives have even or would ever consider parting with Favors. They would let Hayward walk twice before trading Favors.

If Rudy Gay is really who we are targeting in the offseason... crap. This has to be a red herring. Yeah, it has to be.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Hypothetically, what do you think PHX would have to give up to get him? UTA will probably ask for Plumlee & multiple draft picks and that is just for starters. They will want a lot and PHX can't afford to give up valuable assets such as draft picks plus the young players to land a guy like Favors.

They would ask for Dragic or Bledsoe and picks. Kanter is their center of the future. Trey is good, but they consider Favors to be a future All-Star

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They would ask for Dragic or Bledsoe and picks. Kanter is their center of the future. Trey is good, but they consider Favors to be a future All-Star

I'd give them Bledsoe, Okafor and one pick for Favors, Hayward and filler and I'm not sure they wouldn't make the deal. They have a high payroll and a bad team and they're only a year away from maybe losing both Hayward and Favors for nothing. I don't know much about them so maybe they're content with losing money for awhile but I'd certainly inquire if I were McDonough.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I doubt Utah is losing money, they're still under the cap, their fan base is pretty rabid, and most of their payroll expires this summer. In trading Favors and Hayward they actually lose two of their current best "bang for buck" players.

If they landed Wiggins or Parker in the draft then I could see them letting Hayward walk or moving him in a sign and trade, but other than that I have little doubt they'll keep him.

As for Favors, I expect you'd have to blow them away to even get them to listen.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Golden State Warriors' ownership has championship aspirations, but their play suggests they are a notch below the contenders based on their current roster construction.

The Warriors have been consistently aggressive in trade talks throughout the tenure of Joe Lacob.

Rival executives believe the Warriors' only untouchable players for Bob Myers are Stephen Curry and Andrew Bogut.
I wonder if Barnes could be had for the Suns at the right price. He's struggled a bit in the NBA but honestly he hasn't gotten much opportunity with Curry, Klay, Lee, Bogut and now Igoudala all ahead of him as options.

I liked the kid a lot in that draft.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I doubt Utah is losing money, they're still under the cap, their fan base is pretty rabid, and most of their payroll expires this summer. In trading Favors and Hayward they actually lose two of their current best "bang for buck" players.

If they landed Wiggins or Parker in the draft then I could see them letting Hayward walk or moving him in a sign and trade, but other than that I have little doubt they'll keep him.

As for Favors, I expect you'd have to blow them away to even get them to listen.

My bad then, I thought I had read they were over the cap. I know that their attendance is outside the top 10 for the first time this century.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
McDonough's in the driver's seat. He's already hung out the open for business sign now all he has to do is sit back and wait for the perfect offer. Every GM that wants to make a deal is calling him first. The best part is that he's fine with doing nothing at all.

Only downside is that he's killed on just about every deal he's made and some of the egomaniacs he's dealing with are scared ...less of being his next victim and may be unreasonable.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Turns out it is alot easier to go from bad to good than it is to go from good to really good.

The options are so much more limited.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I have no interest in Favors. He hasn't shown any improvement since he entered the league and has run out of excuses.

Of course, Gay would be even worse.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no interest in Favors. He hasn't shown any improvement since he entered the league and has run out of excuses.

Of course, Gay would be even worse.

Who would you be interested in?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Right now if we made a trade for anyone, I hope its for Hayward.

He's the only person that may be on the block and that would fit our team perfectly. I wouldn't mind paying him his $12M/yr either cause he's an all around player and is young.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now if we made a trade for anyone, I hope its for Hayward.

He's the only person that may be on the block and that would fit our team perfectly. I wouldn't mind paying him his $12M/yr either cause he's an all around player and is young.

The Suns trading for Hayward was a rumor early on. The Jazz have a lot of talent on paper to be this bad. One has to wonder why, even with questionable coaching, the Jazz are not winning. I hope the Suns do not sink a lot of money into a role player.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake