Suns @ Trail Blazers Thursday game thread 3-11-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are no longer the really young team that couldn't close out games. And it looks good for the future when you consider that Kaminsky, Nader, Saric, Payne, Carter, Booker, Bridges, Johnson, Ayton and Smith are all 27 or younger.

There are certain parts of a game where previous Suns teams would have folded tent like when the Trail Blazers were hitting all those 3-pointers in the second quarter.

This team just battles back and knows how to squeeze the life out of the opponent in the fourth quarter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is almost shocking and it is the reason that Ayton did not play in the 4th.

From the NBa.com power rankings article.

The Suns have outscored their opponents by 23.5 points per 100 possessions with Dario Saric on the floor. That’s the highest on-court NetRtg mark among 304 players that have averaged at least 15 minutes per game. The 96.8 points per 100 possessions the Suns have allowed with Saric on the floor is the lowest on-court DefRtg mark among that same group.

https://www.nba.com/news/power-rankings-2020-21-week-12

dude is a less athletic, more aggressive Boris Diaw.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
It's amazing how the mental hurdle can make the difference between a good player and a superstar. He has superstar ability but zero IQ or drive to become great.

I'm not sure he has superstar ability. He's really not fast, especially to get in the air. I'm consistently surprised at how earthbound he is, although eventually I'll stop being surprised.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton has sat the ending of a few games this year. Motor and mentality just aren’t there.
My question is, does he even recognize that’s not normal for a player who considers himself a star?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are no longer the really young team that couldn't close out games. And it looks good for the future when you consider that Kaminsky, Nader, Saric, Payne, Carter, Booker, Bridges, Johnson, Ayton and Smith are all 27 or younger.

Except for the fact there is a good chance due to the cap we lose Payne and Nader next year, and cam shortly thereafter.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saric is playing incredibly right now. Just goes to show how effective smart basketball can be. And Saric is a relatively young player at 26.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saric is playing incredibly right now. Just goes to show how effective smart basketball can be. And Saric is a relatively young player at 26.

he’s in by far the best shape of his career.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except for the fact there is a good chance due to the cap we lose Payne and Nader next year, and cam shortly thereafter.

There's a chance we'll lose any player when their contract comes up, I don't get the "due to the cap" part though. Won't we have the right to go over the cap to sign any of those guys? Meaning, it won't be forced on us because of the cap, it will be a choice made by the Suns and the players.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he’s in by far the best shape of his career.

I don't think he is, actually. I suspect his play will only get better as he gets healthier and in better shape. He's played hurt too often to be in the best shape of his career. He's seeing the floor better than he ever has before. He's comfortable here in the system. If you look at his history in the league it takes him some time to get acclimated to his teammates and coaches but once he does, he's a very valuable contributor.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little morning refresher of the defense played by Mikal Bridges.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is an amazing team jones put together what ever outcome is in poffs

Just fun seeing booker ayton on a winning team

It's crazy a few players can make suns make such a big leap in terms of w

No way i expected suns to be this good.

Keep foot on pedal and again awesome job suns!!! And owners

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris Paul says "the spirit is definitely right on this team." Kukdos to James Jones for assembling it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think he is, actually. I suspect his play will only get better as he gets healthier and in better shape. He's played hurt too often to be in the best shape of his career. He's seeing the floor better than he ever has before. He's comfortable here in the system. If you look at his history in the league it takes him some time to get acclimated to his teammates and coaches but once he does, he's a very valuable contributor.

they had a piece about him changing his whole diet and routine

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
they had a piece about him changing his whole diet and routine

That's what the marketing team says but in reality he's struggled to stay off the injury report. So how can he be in the best shape of his career when he's already missed more games because of injuries this season than he has in any other year he's been a pro?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's what the marketing team says but in reality he's struggled to stay off the injury report. So how can he be in the best shape of his career when he's already missed more games because of injuries this season than he has in any other year he's been a pro?

you know what your right. I’m sure the Suns just made it up to fool everyone, but you are clearly to smart for all of this.

because being in great shape mentally and physically often prevents players from getting injured. Just look at guys like Klay, Steph, KD all horribly out of shape when they got hurt.