Suns Versus The Magic

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nash and Marion WOW what more can you say about thier play this season!!!!!

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:

Such a simple statement....but it really does say it all.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
What's the fascination with Howard again? Compared to Amare as a rookie he is pretty much still worse at everything except rebounding and maybe defense although his defense is nothing more than average at best.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
slinslin said:
What's the fascination with Howard again? Compared to Amare as a rookie he is pretty much still worse at everything except rebounding and maybe defense although his defense is nothing more than average at best.

He's pretty good and he's really young under 21 I think, he ain't no Amare though you are correct.

mribnik

Reaction score
Well, we didn't deserve to win that one, but I'll take it. Diaw was one rebound away from a triple double again.

Delmon Young

Rookie
Reaction score
Did Howard even play the 4th? Brian Hill is a bigger '**** than I originally thought.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Shawn just missing the double double by a single board... but his did get more than Howard :)

How about Tim Thomas!!!

mribnik

Reaction score
TucsonDevil said:
Shawn just missing the double double by a single board... but his did get more than Howard :)

How about Tim Thomas!!!

Well, Tim Thomas did pretty much exactly what I thought he'd do, score, and nothing else. 20 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists, 0 steals, 0 blocks, 4 fouls.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
TucsonDevil said:
How about Tim Thomas!!!

20 pts not bad for a guy who hasn't played in an NBA game since November.

Great team win though ... Marion, Nash, Diaw, Leandro, and Tim Thomas all had very good games

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:

Nash once got into a fight with Lance Armstrong over who had more testicles and Nash won by three.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Tim Thomas had 0 in every other category because he was in terrible shape, couldn't defend, could't board, and couldn't get his breath. But 20 frickin' points for your first game in 4 months, that's pretty good. His jumper is so silky smooth it looks good everytime it leaves his hands.
Btw I was right about junior losing playing time, how much did he play in the second half? I think as tim gets into shape this will only continue, james is a nice player but not as good as an even out of shape tim thomas. Not only this but we still have three guys (hopefully) coming back before the playoffs.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Btw, Darko looks like he could be pretty damn good (although he was playing against our midget frontline). The pistons screwed up that 2003 draft it's not even funny.

mribnik

Reaction score
hsandhu said:
Tim Thomas had 0 in every other category because he was in terrible shape, couldn't defend, could't board, and couldn't get his breath. But 20 frickin' points for your first game in 4 months, that's pretty good. His jumper is so silky smooth it looks good everytime it leaves his hands.
Btw I was right about junior losing playing time, how much did he play in the second half? I think as tim gets into shape this will only continue, james is a nice player but not as good as an even out of shape tim thomas. Not only this but we still have three guys (hopefully) coming back before the playoffs.

Thomas is so long he can shoot that shot over anybody.

sunsfn

Reaction score
For those of you that did not get to see the game.

In 3 possesions at the end, Nash threw an alley oop to Marion, they go back on defense and Marion blocks a shot, Bell gets the rebound and throws the ball to Nash who took off at the block, Marion is running down the sideline and runs past everyone, (remember he is the one that blocked the shot) Nash throws another alley oop to Marion......WOW!!

Marion and Nash beat everyone down except 2 Orlando players who were out of position to stop the alley opp.

Then Orlando made a shot and immediately fouled Nash. Nash ended the game making 4 foul shots.

Really a great game to watch!!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Let's not be ready to give James Jones his walking papers just yet. He has a very bright future ahead of him, and I still think we should keep him.

mribnik

Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Let's not be ready to give James Jones his walking papers just yet. He has a very bright future ahead of him, and I still think we should keep him.

Yep. Jones is cheap and a solid shooter and defender. Thomas has been here for one game and shot the ball well, but he didn't do much else (ok, i'll give him lack of conditioning, practice etc.). We'll just see how it plays out. I wouldn't exactly consider this to be a problem right now. :thumbup:

mribnik

Reaction score
Oh, and wasn't it interesting how Pat Burke played 2 minutes tonight after he went off about getting more playing time?

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
mribnik said:
Oh, and wasn't it interesting how Pat Burke played 2 minutes tonight after he went off about getting more playing time?

Pat went off about not playing enough?:biglaugh:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
mribnik said:

Thomas just pretty much took away all future minutes that Burke would have gotten.