Suns vs Bulls

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hope Morris fine and doesn't miss any games. We're really thin at PF all of a sudden with Frye already out.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dragic was a huge disappointment when he came back in the game near the end. Add that to Scola fouling out and Morris getting injured says alot. Telfair was a huge sparkplug for the Suns the whole game until he ran out of gas.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You seriously call that "owned"?
You need to post more often my friend.

Loved your posts and we would always have healthy arguments about certain things and agreed on others.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You seriously call that "owned"?

Dude I can't remember the last time the Suns beat the Bulls. It has been years, maybe 5-6....And yes, I call that owning a team, maybe not by tonight's game in particular, (even though they destroyed us in OT) but as a bi-annual series.

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Own as in consecutive times they've beaten us.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dude I can't remember the last time the Suns beat the Bulls. It has been years, maybe 5-6
Less than 3. Last win came in March 2010. But yes, they've won now 6 of the last 7 match-ups. And prior to that, the Suns won 7 of 8. I guess the ownership keeps changing hands.

Overall, during the Nash era the Suns were 8-6 against the Bulls.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I agree that the Bulls did not own us, but they sure owned Beasley. I can't understand how he is the same person who played at KSU.

This year, almost everyone has owned Beasley. Bulls don't hold the monopoly on that. :D

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Pretty impressed with their effort. Another strong comeback. But this team REALLY needs an extra shooter. Or two. Dudley and Beasley have been awful. I think it's pretty clear that Beasley, even though he is undersized, is better at the 4. He sucked at the 3 in Minny and sucks at the 3 here.

Tucker has pretty much zero offensive game but he's one of those players that every team would love to have. 110% effort. ?Great? defender and overall pain in the ass.

Since the Suns don't really have any other options, at this point I'd almost consider starting Tucker over Beasley and Brown over Dudley. Put Dudley back in his 6th man role and the "anchor" of the bench. Beasley can slide to the backup 4 and still get some minutes at the 3 as well. Hope that Wesley Johnson can provide some sort of spark off the bench.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Tucker has pretty much zero offensive game but he's one of those players that every team would love to have. 110% effort. ?Great? defender and overall pain in the ass.
You do have to wonder why it took him so many years to get back to the NBA. Any team could have signed him at any point during that time if they wanted to. Must have been a fairly unknown player to most GM's and scouts.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Wasn't Amundson an undrafted player that bounced around a bit too? I'm sure there are more examples of pure hustle type players that don't find a home until they find the perfect situation for them.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need a closer. Closest thing might be dragic at this point. But he's usually burnt from playing D, running the offense, dribbling driving rebounding passing. Wish we had a harden at the 2.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Thought it was kind of cool, after the game Noah yelled out to Tucker and congratulated him on a hard fought battle. I'm sure Noah can definitely appreciate that level of heart and effort.

If Beasley had half the heart of Tucker, he'd be an all star every year.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Beasley isn't about heart, he doesn't have basketball smarts. Tucker does.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought it was kind of cool, after the game Noah yelled out to Tucker and congratulated him on a hard fought battle. I'm sure Noah can definitely appreciate that level of heart and effort.

If Beasley had half the heart of Tucker, he'd be an all star every year.

I think it's more a matter of head than heart with Beasley. The guy simply doesn't understand what to do out there. I have no idea how you get to this stage of your life without learning some basics but it's clear, he's done it. I always thought he was a selfish player watching him irregularly but it's clear now that he really wants to be a team player and isn't sure how to go about it. He seems to be a decent individual defender but he appears to have no idea how, when or where to help. He'll just stand there while critical moments are passing him by.

I like him more now than when we acquired him but I don't know if they can get this guy where he needs to go. Also, if our goal is to win each night, the single best coaching decision Gentry could make would be to keep Beasley on the bench. He's really killing us out there right now. But, I consider this a throwaway year and as such, it seems the right decision to send him out there and give him every possible chance. The long shot best-case-scenario is that the light bulb goes on for him and if it doesn't, we improve our chances to find that much needed star in the draft.

Steve

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think it's more a matter of head than heart with Beasley. The guy simply doesn't understand what to do out there. I have no idea how you get to this stage of your life without learning some basics but it's clear, he's done it. I always thought he was a selfish player watching him irregularly but it's clear now that he really wants to be a team player and isn't sure how to go about it. He seems to be a decent individual defender but he appears to have no idea how, when or where to help. He'll just stand there while critical moments are passing him by.

I like him more now than when we acquired him but I don't know if they can get this guy where he needs to go. Also, if our goal is to win each night, the single best coaching decision Gentry could make would be to keep Beasley on the bench. He's really killing us out there right now. But, I consider this a throwaway year and as such, it seems the right decision to send him out there and give him every possible chance. The long shot best-case-scenario is that the light bulb goes on for him and if it doesn't, we improve our chances to find that much needed star in the draft.

Steve

Fair enough, although with the heart of a guy like Tucker, he'd more likely try to fight through his issues, as opposed to standing around with a quizzical look.

Sadly, the light rarely goes on for guys like Beasley later in their careers. It's just so aggravating that someone with his size and talent doesn't just attack the rim every time. He's too strong for SF, too quick for PF, but is just infuriatingly passive.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough, although with the heart of a guy like Tucker, he'd more likely try to fight through his issues, as opposed to standing around with a quizzical look.

Sadly, the light rarely goes on for guys like Beasley later in their careers. It's just so aggravating that someone with his size and talent doesn't just attack the rim every time. He's too strong for SF, too quick for PF, but is just infuriatingly passive.

Unfortunately, this is true. It's really doubtful he becomes the player his talent suggests he could be. Still, he could develop into a scoring threat off the bench if his self-confidence/ego can live with being a Downtown Brown, Vinnie Johnson kind of guy.

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake