Suns vs. Clippers Game Thread

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Barring injuries, we're gonna be scary. We're already pretty good, and we still have Amare getting better, Banks getting better incorporated, and surprisingly Boris getting in better shape .

He looked better tonight, but come on boris this ain't the old days when you sat on your ass during the offseason and play yourself into shape. You're supposed to not only train in the summer, but add to your game.

We're gonna have ups and downs this year getting everyone incorporated and some disgusting losses like last night, but we're gonna be hittin come playoff time. Watch the Hell out. Gimme both Dallas and San Antonio (won't really matter too much cause the clippers will be tough in the second as well).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice to finally see one of my favorite teams win a game again!

Boris and Marion stepped up big in the 4th.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
6 pt lead with 16 seconds come on guys hang on to this game

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Way to bounce back from that bad lost against the lakers last night Diaw and Marion were awsome in the 4th qtr great win :)

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
GJ suns, pretty sure we shot horrible from the 3 but pulled off a win!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
solid. Gonna be ups and downs in the first month or so, but once we start rolling, barring injuries and if our 3s start dropping, wow - this team could really be frightening.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Nice win, still alot of improvement to be had.

Nice to see Amare involved more. Lets see more of that, and more Raja sightings.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Bell started off very slowly last year too.

Can someone describe the Nash out of bounds play?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sadly no - it was hilarious though.

holy cow Paul Westphaul looks OLD!!!!!!!!!!

CaptainInsano

Reaction score

Hmm lemme try my best, pretty difficult:

You know how on defense they want people to bend their legs so they are lower to the ground. Well after the obvious clipper out of bounds was called against the suns steve squatted in front of the ref like he was playing defense, shuffled his feet to move to the right while still remaining facing forward, and had both arms pointing to the right. He did all of this in the same motion while also having the funniest look on his face.

Nash

Reaction score

I have no f'in clue why Nash did made that face but it was funny as hell. It was so frikkin' crazy that even the commentators couldn't help laughing.
Imagine Nash saying 'ooohhhhhhhhhhh', pointing his hands in one direction, squatting like he's defending and moving sideways -- only he was doing this after the ball went out and was facing the sideline as he did this.

This video is gonna be all over the net soon.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I needed this win in a bad way. :stick:

The way Amare moved and scored some points tonight gave me some hope for the future. The Suns desperately need his inside presence especially with KT getting whistled for seemingly phantom fouls. Nash, Marion and Diaw also stepped up nicely. I think Banks is also starting to find his niche.

Does anyone know what stores in Arizona carry the Suns' pocket schedule? I'd sure like to get one.

Nash

Reaction score
why do we never mention Livingston in the same breath as Cassell and Kaman when it comes to ugliness? I'm sure he's pretty close to their frontline ugly men. he must be feeling pretty left out now that we never mention him along with the other two.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no f'in clue why Nash did made that face but it was funny as hell. It was so frikkin' crazy that even the commentators couldn't help laughing.
Imagine Nash saying 'ooohhhhhhhhhhh', pointing his hands in one direction, squatting like he's defending and moving sideways -- only he was doing this after the ball went out and was facing the sideline as he did this.

This video is gonna be all over the net soon.

If we're talking about the same play, Nash became quite animated when the referees were going to initially give the ball to the Clippers out of bounds after a scramble. The ball had clearly went through the legs of a Clipper player touching the private parts of his anatomy before going out of bounds. Nash really got his point across and was clearly beside himself when the officials did not make the obvious call without some help. The referees finally got it right.

Nash's expression was priceless.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Hmm lemme try my best, pretty difficult:

You know how on defense they want people to bend their legs so they are lower to the ground. Well after the obvious clipper out of bounds was called against the suns steve squatted in front of the ref like he was playing defense, shuffled his feet to move to the right while still remaining facing forward, and had both arms pointing to the right. He did all of this in the same motion while also having the funniest look on his face.

and his mouth looked like a big O for awhile with his eyes wide open

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how long until amare is in there in crunch time? and at the expense of who?

Diaw was clutch down the stretch tonight and KT seems like a foul magnet. So IMO, Amare (when ready), Diaw and Marion will likely man the front line at crunch time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Glad Boris finally woke up there in the 4th. He had previously 7 quarters of futility. He was just awful in the first half.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sitting at the bar watching the game and a girl next to me looks up and sees a close up of Kaman and says "Oh wow he is NOT attractive."

Too damn funny.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05