Suns VS Lakers : Game 2

Errntknght

Reaction score
I thought the two offensive fouls on the Suns were correct calls, both Diaw and Bell put their shoulders into their defenders. Of course, its true that the refs screw up this call frequently and give it to the offensive player but you can't knock them too much when they do get it right - it is just darn annoying when they pick your team to do it to.

Personally, I like Joey Crawford as a referee, showboating and all. He isn't a 'homer', doesn't favor stars, and he keeps the game under control. He also keeps the other refs in line - Violet Palmer becomes a shrinking violet when he's the senior ref and you don't get her usual spate of lunatic calls. That absurd game against the Knicks would never have happened with him there.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
I haven't read this entire thread, because I'm too tired and lazy(I apologize if this has been mentioned, or if it's off topic)...

But if Amare and Crazy eyes were on the floor, does anyone think Kobe would have the balls to step to Nash in the 1st quarter after that call? How can we get calls when our smallest player is the only one defending himself? Obviously we have no choice, which luckily shouldn't matter this series, since the Suns will pick it up a notch...but this will kill us against most teams in further rounds...I would have loved to see Amare stand up and tell Kobe to shut the #@#$ up, or he'd have hell to pay next season!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZBALLER said:
I haven't read this entire thread, because I'm too tired and lazy(I apologize if this has been mentioned, or if it's off topic)...

But if Amare and Crazy eyes were on the floor, does anyone think Kobe would have the balls to step to Nash in the 1st quarter after that call? How can we get calls when our smallest player is the only one defending himself? Obviously we have no choice, which luckily shouldn't matter this series, since the Suns will pick it up a notch...but this will kill us against most teams in further rounds...I would have loved to see Amare stand up and tell Kobe to shut the #@#$ up, or he'd have hell to pay next season!

Yes, Kobe would. Kobe's an idiot..he fought Shaq in practice. He doesn't back down from anyone, but he also doesn't prepare to fight, just to jaw (which is why chris childs kicked his ass before Kobe even got his hands up).
He'd also get his ass kicked by Amare too, but he wouldn't back down.

Who is Crazy Eyes, btw?

Also, I had to laugh at Raja Mr Big Talk during that Nash deal. What a wimp...please stop talking, Raja, you wuss. Raja is walking towards the play as Kobe comes up yelling at Nash...what does "Take it to the parking lot do?" Well, first let's say what he should do...he should jump up and get between Kobe and Nash and be all in Kobe's face, trying to get Kobe to take a swing at him and get ejected. That's the smart play for a guy like Raja who's already talking out his neck about who's the bigger man.

What does he do though? He stops walking toward the play and puts his hand on his hip. Comes to a stop, hand on hip and watches. Then he goes BEHIND Nash, not between him and Kobe, and tries to talk Nash down from the ledge. Behind his superstar small guard. Kobe stands up for his bench player, and Raja gets Nash's back...way back. Biggest b move I've seen from a guy talking like Tyson. Stop talking Raja, unless you are going to man up and stand in front of your guy and try to get the other guy tossed. I really didn't think Raja was a blowhard until I saw his reaction there...weak and soft.

sunsfn

Reaction score
AZBALLER said:

I do not recall ever seeing Amare do what you suggest. He should but I have not seen him do so. Crazy eyes has done it more in the few games he has been with the suns than anyone. If he had been in the game he would have been there for sure. Crazy eyes=Tim Thomas.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Yes, Kobe would. Kobe's an idiot..he fought Shaq in practice. He doesn't back down from anyone, but he also doesn't prepare to fight, just to jaw (which is why chris childs kicked his ass before Kobe even got his hands up).
He'd also get his ass kicked by Amare too, but he wouldn't back down.

Who is Crazy Eyes, btw?

Also, I had to laugh at Raja Mr Big Talk during that Nash deal. What a wimp...please stop talking, Raja, you wuss. Raja is walking towards the play as Kobe comes up yelling at Nash...what does "Take it to the parking lot do?" Well, first let's say what he should do...he should jump up and get between Kobe and Nash and be all in Kobe's face, trying to get Kobe to take a swing at him and get ejected. That's the smart play for a guy like Raja who's already talking out his neck about who's the bigger man.

What does he do though? He stops walking toward the play and puts his hand on his hip. Comes to a stop, hand on hip and watches. Then he goes BEHIND Nash, not between him and Kobe, and tries to talk Nash down from the ledge. Behind his superstar small guard. Kobe stands up for his bench player, and Raja gets Nash's back...way back. Biggest b move I've seen from a guy talking like Tyson. Stop talking Raja, unless you are going to man up and stand in front of your guy and try to get the other guy tossed. I really didn't think Raja was a blowhard until I saw his reaction there...weak and soft.

Come on now, let's talk about weak, like maybe spending several sentences talking about this non-issue just to get a rise out of us.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Come on now, let's talk about weak, like maybe spending several sentences talking about this non-issue just to get a rise out of us.

LOL :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Crazy Eyes is funny...never heard him called that.

2. I was rewatching that part of the game yesterday, and laughed out loud at Raja's manliness. I wouldn't dedicate any energy to it if he weren't the guy talking a gang of s about manhood being challenged and parking lots and what not. Talking like Tyson and acting like Barney Fife struck me as funny.

3. The poster I quoted opened the door for that post, decrying why nobody was sticking up for Nash and he's the only one defending himself. FWIW, nobody on the Lakers but Kobe has the balls to yell at anyone, and none of them will stand up for Kobe...team full of wimps...I miss Rick Fox. But we also don't have a guy talking hard either--they all know they're soft.

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Crazy Eyes is KURT THOMAS where have you guys been? Its not Tim Thomas. And Raja would kick kobes little rich boy ass kobe has been nothing but a spoiled athlete all his life don't think he has much of a chance against anyone really haha. D-Dogg you should just not talk considering your whole team is a bunch of ***** the suns are tougher than them haha. The Lakers are just really lucky to get to play the suns when they dont have any big guys. If we had either Kurt or Amare you would have NO chance at all.

sunsfn

Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
Crazy Eyes is KURT THOMAS where have you guys been? Its not Tim Thomas. And Raja would kick kobes little rich boy ass kobe has been nothing but a spoiled athlete all his life don't think he has much of a chance against anyone really haha. D-Dogg you should just not talk considering your whole team is a bunch of ***** the suns are tougher than them haha. The Lakers are just really lucky to get to play the suns when they dont have any big guys. If we had either Kurt or Amare you would have NO chance at all.

Whoops, you are right.............I typed wrong Thomas.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
golfcardfan said:
D-Dogg you should just not talk considering your whole team is a bunch of ***** the suns are tougher than them haha.

I think I just said that...without all the blather, cursing and hahaha though.

It pisses me off that the Lakers are soft and won't stand up for their teammates, all other than Kobe that is.

But Raja was a straight up Barney Fife on that play...nobody stepped in for Nash. I don't want to hear one word from Raja's mouth again.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
But Raja was a straight up Barney Fife on that play...nobody stepped in for Nash. I don't want to hear one word from Raja's mouth again.

And we all know he's going to listen to you, right? :rolleyes:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All I know, is I bet they wished Kurt Thomas had opted for placing screws in the bone versus casting it. He would have been back in time for the second or third round. Now they are saying that the casting has not worked that well and the bone has not healed. So another words he won't be back at all.

This team needs a serious invtervention from the man upstairs (no, NOT Robert Sarver) and get some faith healing going. This team needs Kurt or Amare to have any chance to go deep into the playoffs...Period.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would he when he doesn't even listen to his own rhetoric. But if he wants to talk about people's manhood and parking lots, he should probably back that talk up when the opportunity presents itself.

BTW, I didn't even know Raja read this board...:shrug:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Why would he when he doesn't even listen to his own rhetoric. But if he wants to talk about people's manhood and parking lots, he should probably back that talk up when the opportunity presents itself.

BTW, I didn't even know Raja read this board...:shrug:
Not only are you overly hostile, but it's toward Raja freaking Bell. Everybody, including Raja, knows that Steve Nash won't throw a punch at Kobe. And let's face it, we know that Kobe won't throw a punch either. Nash doesn't need "protection" from anybody, because if Kobe does anything, he's thrown out of the game. Same with Nash, which is why nothing would have happened.

But hey, if you want to spend hours complaining about one of our players (and of course calling him names--the "Laker fan" thing to do) because he didn't "protect" one of our guys against your superstar, then that's your prerogative.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More like minutes, but yeah, it's been fun.

I personally think Raja could have gotten Kobe tossed from the game if he'd have gone all crazy on him.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
More like minutes, but yeah, it's been fun.

I personally think Raja could have gotten Kobe tossed from the game if he'd have gone all crazy on him.

Wow, I totally disagree with you there. There was no way the refs were going to toss Kobe, outside of him throwing a punch. One technical, tops. Raja doesn't have enough clout to get a guy like Kobe tossed from a playoff game.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I'd say Raja does a very good job of picking his spots to get under opponents' skin. He knows when he is on thin ice with the refs, too, and this might have been one of them.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
sunsfn said:
I do not recall ever seeing Amare do what you suggest. He should but I have not seen him do so. Crazy eyes has done it more in the few games he has been with the suns than anyone. If he had been in the game he would have been there for sure. Crazy eyes=Tim Thomas.

You are correct, hopefully a little of Kurt Thomas can and has rubbed off on Amare...Amare already has gotten respect from the refs, so he can take it a little further than most players if he chooses to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05