Tapes of Old Games and Highlights

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Here is a link to a list of Beta and VHS tapes I have in my collection. Without violating any NFL Property rights, I would be willing to make copies of these for those interested and willing to help defray expenses. My Betamax is in for repair. Hopefully; if it can be fixed, I would like to recover the cost of repairing it verses renting one for $150 per week.

http://nfllongbeach.com/Cardinal_Tape_List.html

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
And here I was thinking I was the only person crazy enough to keep old tapes of Cardinal games. Especially the losses. :p

Speaking of old media. I've got several 16mm movies of football games from the 40's and 50's. They were my grandfather's. But I have no idea where to find a projector. Any ideas?

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
I am interested. Email is [email protected]. Dont know how expensive. If not too bad would be interested in games from 70s up to and including 88 game against SF.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
And here I was thinking I was the only person crazy enough to keep old tapes of Cardinal games. Especially the losses. :p

Speaking of old media. I've got several 16mm movies of football games from the 40's and 50's. They were my grandfather's. But I have no idea where to find a projector. Any ideas?

A lot of those 35-10 losses to Cowboys in early '80s were recorded over several times! :shrug:

NMCardfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Redmark, this is a great collection. I've been dying to see old Cardinal games. I'd love to get in on this action. Just let me know how much it'll cost, and I'll put a check in the mail. I'd like to get the various highlights, the '79 season review, and all the wins up to and including the '88 game against the 49ers, and the '80 loss to Atlanta, and the '84 loss to the Skins. My e-mail address is [email protected].

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
NMCardfan said:
Redmark, this is a great collection. I've been dying to see old Cardinal games. I'd love to get in on this action. Just let me know how much it'll cost, and I'll put a check in the mail. I'd like to get the various highlights, the '79 season review, and all the wins up to and including the '88 game against the 49ers, and the '80 loss to Atlanta, and the '84 loss to the Skins. My e-mail address is [email protected].

One way or another we'll get it done. Let me see how many people respond, how much my cost will be and I'll come up with something pretty reasonable.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
Redmark said:
Even the ones on Betamax?

the ones on Betamax would be a problem. We should be able to come up with something. I really want to watch the 1984 Skins game one more time.

MadBird

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
I have a large collection of Cardinals highlight tapes & games
on VHS myself - which I'm in the process of converting to DVD.
When I get them all moved over to DVD, I'll offer my VHS's to
anyone who wants them -- but that's a ways away, it's going
to take me some time to convert them -- I have
various games from the 80's all the way through last season.
I don't keep ever game -- only the ones that had something
interesting about them (win or lose) --

I would be interested in some of these that I don't already have --
either on VHS or DVD --

Let me know how much covers your cost when you
figure it out

( my outside email is: [email protected] )

Here's the ones I'd like:

1978 @ Dallas
1981 @ Dallas
1984 NY Giants
1984 Washington
1984 @ Washington
1988 SDS - SF

:thumbup:

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
cardcrazy said:
I am interested in the 1974-1977 Cards games. Do you have any games or highlights of these and how much? [email protected]

Only 1 tape covers that period with excerpts from weekly highlight shows.
I'll set a price and contact all individuals who express an interest based on the cost of repairing my Betamax player (or renting a unit) and the number of total copies I need to make.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
ThunderCard said:
the ones on Betamax would be a problem. We should be able to come up with something. I really want to watch the 1984 Skins game one more time.

That home and away series a 2 pt win and a 2 pt loss offerred great theater in the 1984 season. Every Card fan should see those 2 games at least twice.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
MadBird said:
( my outside email is: [email protected] )

Here's the ones I'd like:

1978 @ Dallas
1981 @ Dallas
1984 NY Giants
1984 Washington
1984 @ Washington
1988 SDS - SF

:thumbup:

Thanks - If everyone interested could provide their email address and a list of tapes they want - it would help me figure out the cost and time involved in duplicating.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
NMCardfan said:

NMCardFan: That's 9 I believe. The 1980 Giants tapes were a 35-41 loss in STL and part of a 23-7 win in NY.

I remember the opening game played in about 110 degrees with Giants in dark blue unis with a rookie QB starting his first game. His name was Phil Simms. He went on to have a pretty good NFL career. On that day, as I recall he threw for over 400 yards and 5 TDs including 4 to another rookie named Earnest Gray. Jim Hart had a great day himself and Pat Tilley distinguished himself with an unforgettable diving catch in the left of the end zone. That was a great game even though Cards lost. Do you want it also to make an even 10?

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Be careful of guys selling tapes on the net. There are a lot of rip off artists.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
Be careful of guys selling tapes on the net. There are a lot of rip off artists.
:confused:
Thanks for spoiling something nice between genuine Cardinal fans. I think I and others involved in this pre-date your joining this forum. There are many guys here, like myself, who have loved the Cardinals for over 40 years and would like to see a few memorable games that brought us joy and excitement. There are others who never saw Jim Hart, Terry Metcalf, Jackie Smith, EJ Junior, Roger Wherli, Larry Wilson, Neil Lomax, Stump Mitchell, Roy Green, Mel Gray, OJ Anderson and so many more players perform. This is an opportunity to preserve and share some of that history. I would like for as many people as possible who cherish the Cardinals to enjoy the memories recorded on these tapes. I will have to spend countless hours copying tapes for these people. All request will be sent COD so that I am not in a position of holding anyones money before they receive the requested copies in good condition.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Redmark said:
:confused:
Thanks for spoiling something nice between genuine Cardinal fans. I think I and others involved in this pre-date your joining this forum. There are many guys here, like myself, who have loved the Cardinals for over 40 years and would like to see a few memorable games that brought us joy and excitement. There are others who never saw Jim Hart, Terry Metcalf, Jackie Smith, EJ Junior, Roger Wherli, Larry Wilson, Neil Lomax, Stump Mitchell, Roy Green, Mel Gray, OJ Anderson and so many more players perform. This is an opportunity to preserve and share some of that history. I would like for as many people as possible who cherish the Cardinals to enjoy the memories recorded on these tapes. I will have to spend countless hours copying tapes for these people. All request will be sent COD so that I am not in a position of holding anyones money before they receive the requested copies in good condition.
Take a chill pill dude I wasn't referring to you I was referring to the "professional sellers on the net" okay? Sheesh!

NMCardfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Redmark said:
NMCardFan: That's 9 I believe. The 1980 Giants tapes were a 35-41 loss in STL and part of a 23-7 win in NY.

I remember the opening game played in about 110 degrees with Giants in dark blue unis with a rookie QB starting his first game. His name was Phil Simms. He went on to have a pretty good NFL career. On that day, as I recall he threw for over 400 yards and 5 TDs including 4 to another rookie named Earnest Gray. Jim Hart had a great day himself and Pat Tilley distinguished himself with an unforgettable diving catch in the left of the end zone. That was a great game even though Cards lost. Do you want it also to make an even 10?

Sure. Make it an even 10! Thanks again!

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
NMCardfan said:

O.K. Will advise all interested when Betamax repaired. Price should be about $5.00 per tape plus shipping if enough participate.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
NMCardfan said:

:cool: Wouldn't it be something if the McCown/Fitzgerald debut in old St.Loo clicked the way Simms/Gray did 25 years ago! Talk about shock and awe. I can't wait to get 2004 started.