Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I would definately like to add the 2 '84 games against the 'Skins and a
couple of others to my collection.

NMCardfan

Rookie
Reaction score
The price is reasonable, just let me know the final figures, and where to send the check. Finally, some good reality TV! :thumbup:

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
redmark,

i would like various highlights thru 1988 san francisco. that should be 12 games all together. no rush on my order. let me know your address so i can send a check.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Loyal Card 17 said:
redmark,

i would like various highlights thru 1988 san francisco. that should be 12 games all together. no rush on my order. let me know your address so i can send a check.

Thank you. I should have more information next week and will advise. I've added another game. A 21-10 win over Dallas on MNF in 1985. Shall I include it as well?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
More Tapes from 1997 and 1998 seasons

Just found a box of tapes from the Playoff season plus exciting win over Cowboys in Sunday Night opener of the previous season (See revised listing). These are all on VHS so I can start copying now if anyone is interested.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Mike Rogers said:
I'm in, let us know where to send check.

Mike - Let me know which tapes you'd like to have. The pre-95 tapes are all on Betamax and I'm waiting to get my system back from the repair shop. Any VHS I will probably start copying this week. Since all transcription has to be done in real-time, it will be a while before I can get to your request. I'll start from the top and do them on a first come first serve basis. Once I complete an order, I'll email each person that the tapes are ready and ship them COD.

Mark Phillips
Long Beach, CA

Last edited:

NMCardfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Redmark said:
Thank you. I should have more information next week and will advise. I've added another game. A 21-10 win over Dallas on MNF in 1985. Shall I include it as well?

Yep.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
I am interested in the beta games. When you start converting to VHS I would be interested in buying a couple games to see how the video and sound come out. I would be interested in the two Washington games of '84 at first to sample the quality. If those games come out good on vhs. Then would be interested in games up to and including 88 game against SF. I am guessing if you edit out commercials you can get two games on one vhs tape. So are we talking $5 a game or a tape? please keep me advised. [email protected]

Thanks

PS I am interested in highlights and games from 70s up to 88.

Last edited:

djessee47

Reaction score
VHS tapes 70's and 80's games

Mr Redmark,
Sir, I think you may be more busy than you bargained for, however , I think it's terrific that you came up with this idea !!!! The Cardiac Cards will live again !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Djessee47

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Thanks in advance...

I would be interested in any games that are converted to DVD from tape. I have like a 100+ tapes of games but a DVD conversion would really be nice. Email me at [email protected] if this is possible.

Rats

Reaction score
Duckjake said:
And here I was thinking I was the only person crazy enough to keep old tapes of Cardinal games. Especially the losses. :p

Speaking of old media. I've got several 16mm movies of football games from the 40's and 50's. They were my grandfather's. But I have no idea where to find a projector. Any ideas?
Hey Duck I have a 16mm projector. Next time you are down for some golf throw them in. It might give all of us a laugh. Just no Longhorn tape alright? Ha.

Rats

Reaction score
ThunderCard said:
Redmark
if you want I can burn all those games onto a few DVD's ??
If this is going to happen I would like to get a copy let me know...Thanks guys. [email protected]

Rats

Reaction score
ThunderCard said:
the ones on Betamax would be a problem. We should be able to come up with something. I really want to watch the 1984 Skins game one more time.
Thunder...I have the 84 skins game on VHS...and some from 79 (very grainy thou). If you need it to burn to DVD...I will get you a copy.

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
djessee47 said:
Mr Redmark,
Sir, I think you may be more busy than you bargained for, however , I think it's terrific that you came up with this idea !!!! The Cardiac Cards will live again !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Djessee47

Thanks! This will give me something to do during baseball season this summer. I am surprized by the level of interest. I just hope the tapes haven't molded or stuck since they are around 20 years old.

Report from the repair shop is that parts are on order. They expect to have all parts by mid-June. Sorry for the delay folks, but I won't forget to get you some tapes as soon as I can start converting them.

I think I'll begin with the 1984 season and send everyone who wants one a copy of the Cards 26-24 win over Washington in St. Louis that season. That should wet everyone's appetite. This way you all won't have to wait for me to make a complete set before getting at least one of the games. Also this will allow each of you to assess the quality of the copy before committing to more. How does that sound?

djessee47

Reaction score
Legalities !!!!!!

I hate to bring this up, but we'll have to do this in a way that doesn't open any of us up to copyright problems with the NFL. I've heard they can be nasty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes, I'm very much a big chicken. Maybe if we agree to purchase tapes somehow,NFL content would have to be free, but pay a transfer fee to cover costs. Anybody like the idea, or was it already thunk of ????? Love that word thunk !!!!!!!!!! says so much !!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
R

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
djessee47 said:
I hate to bring this up, but we'll have to do this in a way that doesn't open any of us up to copyright problems with the NFL. I've heard they can be nasty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes, I'm very much a big chicken. Maybe if we agree to purchase tapes somehow,NFL content would have to be free, but pay a transfer fee to cover costs. Anybody like the idea, or was it already thunk of ????? Love that word thunk !!!!!!!!!! says so much !!!!!!!!!

Should I contact the NFL first? This is just sharing of vintage games among diehard fans. It's a not for profit venture which will hopefully recoup the cost of repairing my betamax and covering the time involved in copying at far less than minimum wage. Maybe Jim Ohmohundro could provide some insight on this before we go too far and get in some kind of legal hassel with the league.

djessee47

Reaction score
I still want'em !!!!!!!!

Redmark said:
Should I contact the NFL first? This is just sharing of vintage games among diehard fans. It's a not for profit venture which will hopefully recoup the cost of repairing my betamax and covering the time involved in copying at far less than minimum wage. Maybe Jim Ohmohundro could provide some insight on this before we go too far and get in some kind of legal hassel with the league.
Whatever happens, I'm still in !!!!!!!!!!!