Taylor agrees with coach on decision to rest

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Jaguars | Taylor agrees with coach on decision to rest him
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 06:45:54 -0800

Vito Stellino, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars RB Fred Taylor (ankle) thinks that head coach Jack Del Rio made the right move in deciding in advance to hold him out of Sunday's game, Nov. 27, at Arizona to give him more time to heal his sore ankle. "We need to be smart around here like we're doing now,'' Taylor said. "I thought it was a good move. I agree with it.'' He apparently has a bone bruise on his ankle. "Bone bruise, whatever it is down there, I'm to the point that I need to get it better,'' he said. A timetable has not been set for his return. Taylor said dealing with the ankle injury has been a frustrating experience for him.

iapetus

Reaction score
Depends how well you're set up to stop a power running game. Greg Jones is starting to show signs of being well worth the trade-up we had to make to get him. He had his first 100-yard game against the highly-rated Pittsburgh D.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Renz said:
Last week against Tennessee, with Taylor out, Jones had 33 yards on 16 carries.

We're talking about a power back against the Cards' front 7. I really don't care what he did last week....

:(

iapetus

Reaction score
Renz said:
Last week against Tennessee, with Taylor out, Jones had 33 yards on 16 carries.

Don't look to the Tennessee game to judge Jones. Titans brought absolutely everyone up to kill the running game - they were playing cover 0 most of the game. Which is why (after the offensive play calling adjusted) they were brutalised in the passing game. Fairer games to look at would be:

Ravens - 25 carries, 106 yards, 1TD
Texans - 7 carries, 27 yards, 1 TD
Steelers - 18 carries, 77 yards, 1TD

(And yes, I got his 100-yard game wrong - it was against the Ravens, not the Steelers. My excuse is that it's two in the morning over here...)

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Jones can play, throw out the stats. Even worse is he is gaining confidence since coaches have been going to him after making him a FB earlier in the year and moving him ahead of pearson on the depth chart. This guy HURTS you. he is a bowling ball with legs.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:
We're talking about a power back against the Cards' front 7. I really don't care what he did last week....

:(

They didn't do bad angainst Jackson and he is a power back I think

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heavy, Assface said you weren't smart enough to ride the short bus. I stood up for you and said you were.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
Heavy, Assface said you weren't smart enough to ride the short bus. I stood up for you and said you were.

:biglaugh: