Team America: World Police

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Team America, World Police

I am looking forward to this movie. From some of the stuff I read I have a feeling I will be pissing my pants!!

Unknown Team Member: "We are here to put the F' back into Freedom!"

If there is another thread on this movie.... well, there are two now.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yes...I know it'll probably be a rip on the current administration, but as opposed to Farenheit 9-11, it won't PRETEND to be real and will embrace it's silliness instead of being asinine under an invisible veneer of 'documentary'. I'll probably die laughing.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Team America Gets the R Rating

Source: ComingSoon.net
October 6, 2004

The MPAA rating has given Paramount Pictures' Team America: World Police an R rating just four days before the Matt Stone and Trey Parker all-marionette comedy is slated to sneak preview in 800 theaters across North America on Saturday, October 9.

The film will be rated R for "graphic, crude & sexual humor, violent images & strong language; all involving puppets". The biggest question was how much puppet sex the MPAA would allow before giving the film the unwanted NC-17 rating, which would keep young moviegoers under 17 from seeing it in theaters.

The producers submitted nine different variations of a scene that depicts simulated sex between the wooden marionettes before the MPAA ultimately relented and approved with an R rating.

"Team America," opening wide on October 15, is about an international police force dedicated to maintaining global stability, called Team America, who learns that a power-hungry dictator is brokering weapons of mass destruction to terrorists. From the pyramids of Cairo to the Panama Canal and finally to the palace of power-mad dictator, Kim Jong Il, the heroes of Team America crisscross the globe on a harrowing mission to save the world.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm...it's being credited for ripping both sides...Sean Penn is ticked at its makers...I might have to check this out...:thumbup: :D

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Hmmmm...it's being credited for ripping both sides...Sean Penn is ticked at its makers...I might have to check this out...:thumbup: :D
Here is something else you might like:

"But the most impressive set piece of all is Paris, where the streets are paved with tiny croissants. If there's one thing these guys take more seriously than their disdain for the French, it's their attention to detail."

However I hear the Plot is totally Unbelievable:
"The story concerns an international police force--the puppet of a powerful regime--as it struggles to depose a mad dictator who's been hoarding weapons of mass destruction. Yeah, where have we heard that one before?"
:thumbup:

You must be registered for see images

Kim Jong Il proves he's more than just your average nuke-hungry evildoer.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I saw this movie over the weekend. Mind you, I liked Baseketball, I love South Park, and I thought the South Park movie was absolute comic genius.

This movie sucked.

It had it's funny moments, but about 40 minutes into it they just start taking jabs at actors and the movie becomes "hollywood political". It doesn't follow any real rhythm, the jokes are pretty half-assed, and you can tell the filmmakers were bored with it by the time it was through because they just started having the puppets brutally kill each other.

Right wingers will like it because they make Michael Moore into a terrorist, Left-wingers will like it because they constantly rip on the American cavalier attitude towards the rest of the country, so politically the movie's fairly even.

All in all, I wish I had my $13 back.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like anyone is spared from parody.

It looks pretty funny, but along ith 90% of movies I will wait and watch it at home on DVD where I don't have to pay $3.50 for a soda.

Stout

Reaction score
vince56 said:
That was the highlight of the film :)

Especially when it got slow and sad Lol

No, I think the highlight of the film for me was the Kim Jong Il/Hans Blix scene. Utterly hysterical, AND it tore apart the UN in a few simple lines. *Kim Jong Il voice* Oh, herro, it's Hans Bwix!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the most brilliant part of the movie was the montage with the "Montage" song - I was dying at that. Anyone filmmaker or screenwriter and have ever knowingly used a montage as a crutch to speed things up will appreciate that scene long after the other jokes fade away.

Pretty funny overall - but I was a litle dissappointed - it seemed a little soft to me - I mean how could they not give Sam Jackson a ridiculous screaming speech at some point in the movie (putting him in was a total waste of great material). Matt Damon was funny though.

Funny - but no where near as brilliant as the South Park movie or the Passion of the Jew episode.

Stout

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
the most brilliant part of the movie was the montage with the "Montage" song - I was dying at that. Anyone filmmaker or screenwriter and have ever knowingly used a montage as a crutch to speed things up will appreciate that scene long after the other jokes fade away.

Pretty funny overall - but I was a litle dissappointed - it seemed a little soft to me - I mean how could they not give Sam Jackson a ridiculous screaming speech at some point in the movie (putting him in was a total waste of great material). Matt Damon was funny though.

Funny - but no where near as brilliant as the South Park movie or the Passion of the Jew episode.

Agreed on all topics.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
Agreed on all topics.

you know what I find really funny Stout - between movies and sports - we are pretty much eye-to-eye dead on about everything and yet we differ so wildly on politics - well - that and the fact that you can basically eclipse me when standing next to me.

Stout

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
you know what I find really funny Stout - between movies and sports - we are pretty much eye-to-eye dead on about everything and yet we differ so wildly on politics - well - that and the fact that you can basically eclipse me when standing next to me.

Ah, politics. You know, I've taken a night job as a projectionist/handyman/everything else at the small local theater in town here, and there's this HS girl going to Catholic school that works with me (I know, if that isn't a setup for a joke, what is?). Anyway, we have some pretty good philosophical/religious debates. She's young, and it shows when she can't always articulate her arguments, but though I disagree with a lot of what she believes, she has the courage of her convictions, and that's a lot. So, anyway, hats off to having your own opinions. :thumbup:

As to the eclipse...I don't have such nicknames as Man Mountain and Godzilla for nothing, you know ;)

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I thought this movie was great!

The soundtrack was incredibly funny, the Pearl Harbor song is uncalled for but it's just great!

"Matt Damon!"....HAHAHA

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stout said:
As to the eclipse...I don't have such nicknames as Man Mountain and Godzilla for nothing, you know ;)

:lmao:

Tell me about it, I had to arch my arm up just to lean on your shoulder.

Stout is...umm...well...uhh...stout.

:cool:

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
I just saw this tonight. I thought it was hilarious. Matt Damon. A lot of work went into that film. This one definitely gets - :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
green machine said:
I thought this movie was great!

The soundtrack was incredibly funny, the Pearl Harbor song is uncalled for but it's just great!

"Matt Damon!"....HAHAHA

Funniest part of the movie was the last shot of Matt Damon. I would love to know what all the celebs outlined in this movie thought of it. Do they have a sense of humor about it or were they truly offended. Michael Moore with the hot dogs was hilarious.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I saw this movie finally.

It was pretty funny. It seemed a little like Austin Powers to me in that while I was watching I kept thinking this is stupid but after the movie I just kept remembering funny parts.

It was completely over the top stupidity with puppets, Hilarious.

:derkaderkastan:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I must say I was a bit dissappointed with this movie. It had it's funny parts. However South Park the movie blows this one away.