Team America: World Police

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I must say I was a bit dissappointed with this movie. It had it's funny parts. However South Park the movie blows this one away.

I couldn't make it through South Park the movie.

Maybe I will try again.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
SirChaz said:

Maybe I will try again.

I highly recommend activating the feature on the DVD that shows the dialog at the bottom of the screen.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:

Maybe I will try again.

are you serious? That's one of the greatest comedic-musicals of all time. Screw Blame Canada - "Shut Your F%$king Face Uncle F^&cker" is quite possibly the greatest song ever written/performed.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bob Chebat said:
Funniest part of the movie was the last shot of Matt Damon. I would love to know what all the celebs outlined in this movie thought of it. Do they have a sense of humor about it or were they truly offended. Michael Moore with the hot dogs was hilarious.

I read an interview with the South Park guys recently. Sean Penn was mad (they said he acted just like their puppet of him) Clooney's reaction was, "aw, that's cute" and Matt Damon said it was funny. I don't know what the other celebs had to say about it.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say this movie sucked, but that would be far too kind. I turned it off about 30 minutes in.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
are you serious? That's one of the greatest comedic-musicals of all time. Screw Blame Canada - "Shut Your F%$king Face Uncle F^&cker" is quite possibly the greatest song ever written/performed.

That is exactly where I quit watching.

:)

Like I said maybe I should give it another chance. :shrug:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I can't STAND the South Park guys. They are such overwhelming a**holes in real life, it's not even funny.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
That is exactly where I quit watching.

:)

Like I said maybe I should give it another chance. :shrug:

you didn't like Shut Your.... - that's like the catchiest song ever made!

Reaction score
Freedom only costs buck o five.

I thought this movie was hilarious. My favorite part has to be when they played the team america theme song.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:

They're primadonnas and are just not very nice--at least, that's what I've gathered from those that have had contact with them.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

I don;t know man, "La Resistance Madly" is pretty hilarious, as is What Would Brian Boitano do?" The only thing I did not like about the movie was that Chef didn;t sing one of his songs, lol.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching it..... Man.... that is one bawdy, funny-arsed movie!!!! Hollywood will never be the same!!!!!

AMERICA..... F*&K YEAH!!!!

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:

I liked the Puff daddy version. That was hilarious.

The whole movie was great!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just rewatched this with my brother. It was way better the second time around. Caught a lot more of the subtle humor. The last part of the movie was still kind of lame but the first half of the movie was really pretty funny.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I just rented this movie, not a complete waste of time but not as funny as I was led to believe. It did have some scenes that had me laughing out loud but the Team America song got old after the second time.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Zeno said:
I just rented this movie, not a complete waste of time but not as funny as I was led to believe. It did have some scenes that had me laughing out loud but the Team America song got old after the second time.

I agree. I just watched myself and just felt very ripped off, especially after reading all of the reviews on here. The whole movie got old very fast for me. Felt like all of the jokes they just kept on recycling and saw them coming from a mile away.

Compa

Registered
Reaction score
I was also disappointed the first time I saw it, probably because I was expecting something it wasn't. I have a much higher opinion after a second time, when I focused on all the cliche action-movie-type lines: "Terrorize this!" and "If we get outta this alive, I'd like to buy you a beer", etc. I guess I think puppets using cliches is funny.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The first 20-40 minutes were decent, after that they kinda ran out of jokes and just started having the puppets kill each other.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You Are Dedicated!!!!

That's why they call it acting.

"Matt Damon"

Film Actors Guild

You had me at..........

Saw it tonight, funny, funny flick.

Last edited:

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
saw it tonight on cable... I am shocked that so many people thought that is was anything more than horrendous...

one of the worst moving pictures I have ever seen... would say movie, but that was no movie...

I might have to watch it again just to see if there is anything that I may have missed that should have made me even smile....:confused:

thank god I did not pay for that one...