Team USA - Shawn and Amare

cly2tw

Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
Not worth $10 million? ;)

Well, let's say it's clear more than ever that he is not a dominant one-on-one scorer nor a franchise player. He is worth 10 mil a year in Suns system but not necessarily on any other team. So, I'm fine with whatever they agree on up to 10m per.

Nash

Reaction score
Interesting piece ..
Arenas frustrated on being LEFT OUT of US National Team

Arenas said he plans on reserving a little extra effort for two Team USA assistant coaches: Portland Trail Blazers head coach Nate McMillan and Phoenix Suns head coach Mike D'Antoni.
"I'm going to be the silent assassin this year," he said. "I can't wait to play the Suns and Portland. Against Portland, Nate McMillan, I'm going to try to score 100 in two games and against D'Antoni, I'm going to score 100 in two games. I'm going to try."

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nash said:

Maybe he needs to realize that his desire to score a lot of points is the exact reason he was left off of the team. Team USA needed distributors at PG and that's why he was cut. I can see why he's upset because he's a superior player to Kirk Hinrich on a normal NBA team, but having an entire team filled with scorers hasn't worked out well in the past. This team is setup to get its points from the SG, SF & PF positions with the PG & C in place for distribution & defense (Brad Miller is one of the best passing big men in the NBA).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nash said:

As a UofA grad, it's getting harder and harder to take anything of what this idiot says seriously anymore. He's got a lot of talent, but this attitude is percisely why he ISN'T playing in Japan. He says he faked the injury because he knew he was going to get cut? What is this, the local league at the Y?

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arenas should be given a lot of credit for how hard he worked to turn himself into a really good NBA player. There are a lot of guys taken ahead him that are long out of the league. Still, he's clueless and dumb enough to prove it in print.

Sunshooter

Registered
Reaction score
Sunshooter said:
I just watch Greece vs China.

Greece is another Phoenix Suns, nice fast break and passing, likely to win over France in qtr-final

that's outstanding:)

so can Suns win championship this year?:D

Nash

Reaction score
dang! 3:30 was too early, and I couldn't watch the game. Is there is a re-telecast of the game on any channel other than NBA tv?

I don't feel bad about the US loss though :)

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
One more game each for USA and France. I'd wager that next week, contract talks will heat up with Boris Diaw.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Nash said:
dang! 3:30 was too early, and I couldn't watch the game. Is there is a re-telecast of the game on any channel other than NBA tv?

I don't feel bad about the US loss though :)

ESPN2 will have a replay later today.

NBAtv should show it as well at some point.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Tough game for the US.

It was like they forgot how to play P&R defense for 2 quarters.

Coaches finally started switching everything just to stop the bleeding but it was too little too late.

Greece played a great game congrats to them. They have a very experienced team. They have been together through the crucible of a tournament before.

The US had a talented team but lacked cohesiveness and experience together. They had chances to come back, and they closed the deficit to make it close, but couldn't get the critical stops they needed.

For the US it is live and learn. The days of throwing together an all-star team and dominating are over. Get ready for a battle in every one of these international competitions.

Nash

Reaction score
SirChaz said:
ESPN2 will have a replay later today.

NBAtv should show it as well at some point.

thanks. just checked the schedule on the TV. the replay is at 4 pm EDT.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
People have to remember the original Dream Team had many of the Top 50 players of all time and future HOF's.

They had David Robinson and Hakeem Olajuwan at C, Barkley and Malone at PF, Mullin, Bird and Pippen at SF, Michael Jordan and Clyde Drexler at SG and John Stockton and Magic Johnson at PG

Our current team lacks the star power and talent of the 1992 team. The 1992 team was balanced with offense and defense where this year's team had breakdowns in defense.

Plus the level of international competition has made leaps and bound since 1992 with many international players getting drafted in the lottery these days.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
People have to remember the original Dream Team had many of the Top 50 players of all time and future HOF's.

They had David Robinson and Hakeem Olajuwan at C, Barkley and Malone at PF, Mullin, Bird and Pippen at SF, Michael Jordan and Clyde Drexler at SG and John Stockton and Magic Johnson at PG

Our current team lacks the star power and talent of the 1992 team. The 1992 team was balanced with offense and defense where this year's team had breakdowns in defense.

Plus the level of international competition has made leaps and bound since 1992 with many international players getting drafted in the lottery these days.

I don't think it's the star power or talent level at all. The difference is that all of the players you mentioned, including the big guys, could flat out shoot it. The guys today don't have the consistent mid-range and long-range game that is necessary in international play.

Errntknght

Reaction score
If this was posted in here when it was current I didn't see it... from an NBA rumors site three weeks back

Bronze-Medal fallout
October 1
New York Daily News (scroll down): "Considering how Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski went against orders and did not play the Phoenix Suns-style offense, wouldn't implement zone defenses and didn't seek input from his assistants, nobody will be surprised if he bows out before next summer's competition in Venezuela. With ex-Suns owner Jerry Colangelo in charge, and not particularly happy with how things shook out in Japan, assistant coach Mike D'Antoni is seen as Krzyzewski's logical successor. "

panfolk

Registered
Reaction score
If this was posted in here when it was current I didn't see it... from an NBA rumors site three weeks back

Bronze-Medal fallout
October 1
New York Daily News (scroll down): "Considering how Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski went against orders and did not play the Phoenix Suns-style offense, wouldn't implement zone defenses and didn't seek input from his assistants, nobody will be surprised if he bows out before next summer's competition in Venezuela. With ex-Suns owner Jerry Colangelo in charge, and not particularly happy with how things shook out in Japan, assistant coach Mike D'Antoni is seen as Krzyzewski's logical successor. "
It's lame not to acknowledge expertise in your assistants. Speaks of poor character.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05